• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Crypt of the Necrodancer

Nap1400

must get good
Reaction score
Peacock Squigly Big Band
You know what I like? Music. You know what else I like? Music games where the goal is more than just hitting buttons in rhythm.

I'd heard about this a while back from an offhand mention and just found out that it's launching in a week or so. It's basically what happens when you combine a roguelike like the Mystery Dungeon series with the timing of a rhythm game. You're encouraged to perform all your actions in the beat of whatever song you have loaded (which can be literally anything, you can put in your own mp3s and everything), and you score more damage and stuff for doing so, while being penalized for not keeping in time. Definitely looks like something I want to look into. Probably when it goes on sale on Steam or something so I don't end up broke.

I can't wait for speedrunners to play this game to the beat of a thrash metal song or something, haha.

This game is really dope.

You never have to get hit once in 99% of situations as long as you don't make a mistake, but it's the speed of the moves that force you to make bad choices.

But yeah, it's really fun, the co-op is fun too and works well.

You never have to get hit once in 99% of situations as long as you don't make a mistake, but it's the speed of the moves that force you to make bad choices.

Yeah, from what I played of it, this was really cool. It really blurs the line between strategic rpg combat and action game gameplay. I really need to spend more time with this.