• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

CTD On Start up

Shin_chan89

Reaction score
Steam
Shin_chan89
Like the title says, game crashes upon trying to load. None of the fixes I've read have worked, deleting the videosettings.bin or it's folders, re installing, unplugging everything, all my drivers are up to date. I've forced full screen windowed, different resolutions and got nadda. Kind of weird to boot, when I leave my mouse connected I get no message about the crash, but with out it I get "game failed to start, app already running". But it still crashes with everything unplugged. Also ran SG and steam as admin, turned off kaspersky with no difference. Are there any no-no's I should change in the nvidia control panel? Maybe a global setting I tweaked fugged it all up.
i7 2600k
gtx 570
8g ram
windows 7

Reinstalling steam and then SG seems to have solved the issue. Having to reinstall my steam library is a small price to pay to get this working, every time I've dabbled in this I walk away with a smile.

Glad to hear you got everything working!