• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

CyberFront (JP Publisher) dissolved.

Vadsamoht

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Steam
Vadsamoht
Ms. Fortune Robo Fortune
My Japanese is pretty afwul, but from what I've read at the official link below, this seems to be true. We've currently had no announcement about how this will affect SG for Japanese players - as always we'll keep the OP updated as more info comes to light.

From this NeoGAF thread:
You read that right. The Japanese publisher for Skullgirls, Cyber Front, had been dissolved by its parent company as of today. They were mosltly known for localizing western games such as the Civilization series, Half-Life series, Doom III... (edit: Look down for a list of recent releases, thanks to Infernal Monkey!)

Just looking at the games they've published, that looks like a pretty serious hit for Japanese people who like western games...
I'm not sure what it means for Skullgirls exactly but I can't imagine its good. Forgive me for the lack of details as I'm on my phone.

Japanese speakers can check the following link for more info :
http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/7461069.html

Official dissolution announcement (also in Japanese, thanks to djplaeskool):
http://www.cyberfront.co.jp/info.pdf

Last edited:
That is unfortunate. Terrible timing as well.

RIP JP player base. =/

5RMn0.png

Thought just occurred to me... what happens to the eventual arcade port? Really hope that wasn't scrapped because having your fighter in Japanese arcades would be a pretty cool milestone to achieve.

MAQL is still doing ok, right?

This is well beyond ridiculous, Lab Zero's luck is so bad it's affecting other companies. Did someone break a mirror under a ladder while a family of black cats crossed their path? I don't even know how to feel anymore about bad news.

I can only hope, with all of this bullshit, Lab 0 will release insanely good games.
They can make insanely good games all day, but actually releasing them seems to be the center of all the monkey's law-related madness L0 has been having since forever.

Please Cyberfront...we weren't finished with you ;_;..

God it's like an endless wave of bad luck. WHAT DID LAB ZERO DO TO DESERVE THIS!? GOD DAMMIT.

Reactions: KaboomKid
Please Cyberfront...we weren't finished with you ;_;..

God it's like an endless wave of bad luck. WHAT DID LAB ZERO DO TO DESERVE THIS!? GOD DAMMIT.
Mike's ancestor forgot to take the old lady to the top of the mountain to drink from the river

As a Skullgirls fan all I can say at this point is: GETTING REAL TIRED OF YOUR SHIT, UNIVERSE.
It's gotten to a point where the bad luck level is "cartoons". Mike and Alex might as well watch out for anvils falling from the sky.
Shit's absurd.

Don't even have a appropriate reaction image, so here's one of Marie losing her shit.
245170_screenshots_2013-08-23_00034.jpg

I'm sorry to say this but this is getting too ridiculous. This does not bode well in the future, especially the game is now synonymous with the word "cursed". I just hope the universe stop messing with it already and give it more sustained luck.

I know I shouldn't, but I can't wait to see how Shoryuken and Eventhubs comments turn out. I'm expecting something along the lines of #CursedGirls

Jesus christ... what did Lab Zero do to deserve all this shit?!

....whhhhhhhyyyyyyyyy?!?!?!?!?

How does this even happen? Apparently this company localized mainstream stuff it's not like it was a strictly niche operation.

Seems rather fitting by this point.

Reactions: Hyperaxe1 and EA575
I think I know what's going on here.

Aeon and Venus and The Trinity are all real, and we must repeat this sequence of bad events until we find the true ending. We are but one of thousands of Skullgirls communities, all suffering to try and make their way to the Skullheart. We succeed with the IGG, so we made it past the first flag and time was able to proceed like normal, but we haven't figured out how to get to the latest flag and are stuck in pergatory until we figure this shit out.

Yeah, so... this came as a surprise today.

Just sent Cyber Front an e-mail to see what's up, and will start strategizing with Autumn on how to respond if they are actually kaput.

YOU...

tumblr_inline_mxlwhrz6DM1rkj2by.png

Good on you, Peter.

I'm really worried what lab zero's gonna be hit with next...the universe is just being an unfair to them these days...

Next step: Steam gets taken down.

Oh please no....I don't play steam and I'd be just depressed if that happened DX

So what are the chances of getting Nippon Ichi as a publisher...or Atlus..?

No but seriously, it baffles me how much shit SkullGirls keeps getting. Just when things finally were starting to look up, something bad just happens out of nowhere. I mean come on...seriously.

I wonder how Mike is feeling right now...