• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Daisy Pusher vs. Nightmare Legion

zarkingphoton

Amateur Proctologist
Reaction score
PSN
zarking_photon
Peacock Big Band Double
I was playing some matches on PSN as solo Double, and I played somebody who used Squiggly. Near the end of the match, I was in the right corner waking up, and Squiggly used Daisy Pusher. I either used Double's level 3 in retaliation. I think I did it on reaction to the super flash. Squiggly does her curtsy, and Double poses as Tommy 10-ton, then charges over the grave, pushing Squiggly backwards (she wasn't blocking, though). I get jabbed out, because I was already low on health, and Nightmare Legion may have been a desperation attack. So, anyways: Is this a glitch, or something working as intended? Either way, could somebody explain it to me, because it looked weird and I felt like NL should have hit.

yah it worked as intended, they are both Invincible though it's active frames, daisy pusher just recovered faster

I was playing some matches on PSN as solo Double, and I played somebody who used Squiggly. Near the end of the match, I was in the right corner waking up, and Squiggly used Daisy Pusher. I either used Double's level 3 in retaliation. I think I did it on reaction to the super flash. Squiggly does her curtsy, and Double poses as Tommy 10-ton, then charges over the grave, pushing Squiggly backwards (she wasn't blocking, though). I get jabbed out, because I was already low on health, and Nightmare Legion may have been a desperation attack. So, anyways: Is this a glitch, or something working as intended? Either way, could somebody explain it to me, because it looked weird and I felt like NL should have hit.
bascially what happened was........instead of using car... you used a move like that that has less invinci frames than daisy pusher.

No glitch here buddy. Both are invincible for a long time, so yeah. it's just that NL's recovery it a smight longer than Daisy Pusher. So next time jump, then do a simple BnB into NL.

bascially what happened was........instead of using car... you used a move like that that has less invinci frames than daisy pusher.
err the amount of invincible frames didnt matter, it was the amount of active frames

Man, that sucks. I guess I'll have to remember to use car, then.

Forward car is a little too fast midscreen and from most ranges will actually cause a weird trade that only does a little damage to Squig and gives Squigly the ability to punish Double. But doing a reverse car causes a slight delay that will make it work. Then if you have cornered Squig you want to forward car, because the reverse will whiff. Yeah.

Also usually a tag will give you a much better punish on a daisy pusher either way.

No, whichever one is done in reaction to the other wins, providing Double uses the right car.

No, whichever one is done in reaction to the other wins, providing Double uses the right car.
I think you are underestimating how many invincible frames Daisy has

I'm not. Go in training mode with Double, against Squig. Record Squig doing a daisy pusher. Play it back. Do a reaction car super when she tries to daisy pusher (a reaction super is where you input your super as their super flash is ending). If you're both midscreen, a reverse car will hit Squig every time. If Double has Squig in the corner, a forward car will hit every time. The idea is that you need to delay the point where cars hitbox reaches Squig for a few frames to let her invincibility run out, either by doing reverse car at midscreen (reversing causes some delay) or by using the forward car (which takes time to travel from the far edge of the screen) in the corner.

oops I see my error, I was recording from the center of the stage not corner yah backwards car beat it, oops