• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

DEATH GRIPS

Out of the blue, in through the back Door coming through like fuck what was that

• I love my iPod more than fucking

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I am the beast I worship

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

Kai

Go Home And Be A Family Man!
Reaction score
Website
www.killallinstinct.com
Steam
Kai
PSN
Night_Phyre
Parasoul Cerebella Big Band

Anybody else excited for Jenny Death? And how about that whole, "they may not actually be broken up," thing?

I'm aware of Death Grips but never actually listened to them. I constantly hear they are good where would you recommend I start if I wanted to listen to what they got?

I'm aware of Death Grips but never actually listened to them. I constantly hear they are good where would you recommend I start if I wanted to listen to what they got?
I think you should just start at the, "beginning," with their first real release: Exmilitary. I'm the kind of person that likes to listen from the start on new albums, but if you're looking to get to the most accessible stuff right away, I'd recommend the songs Culture Shock and Known For It.

On Exmilitary, it's about as straight forward as Death Grips gets. The next album, The Money Store, is great, and a little harsher, but still maintains the basic elements Exmilitary laid down with plenty of energetic vocals. The one after that, No Love/Deep Web, uses somewhat less vocals, and gets a little more out there with the instrumentation. The next album, Governments Plates, is actually the only one I don't like as a whole (even though I do really like some of the songs), with fewer vocals and arrangements that I just plain don't care for. Niggas On The Moon is pretty great, though, although it's much different than their earlier works. Jenny Death is their last planned album, and is coming "soon."

They also put out a surprise instrumental album just recently.

Pro tip, MC Ride's vocals make for some god tier mash ups.

Also, I'd recommend The Money Store as someone's first Death Grips album. It eases you into it's wacky bullshit, mostly thanks to the track Get Got getting used as an opener. Exmilitary also really wears it's harsh noise influences on it's sleeve, so it could turn more people off. It's also less consistent as an album, imo.

Reactions: Kai
If you're a fan of abstract media, you'll at least appreciate their music videos.

Yo, there's gotta be somebody else here that's feelin' me.
Fo' shit I'm feelin' it, Takyon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kai