• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 8, 2017] SALTY! Friday Weeklies @ Game Realms (Burbank, CA)

Psst. We're back. See ya theeeeere.

Hi.

I'm looking to fly down from Canada for one of the Salty! Fridays.

I can go basically any time after August, and I'm looking to go... say... before November 15th.
I don't want to go too close to NEC which is on the 3rd of December.

SoCalRegionals was supposed to happen soon(?) but I still have not heard anything about it.

So, Salty people, is there anything super cool happening on one of the weekends that I should aim for?
Is there anything super horrible that's preventing people from going to Salty! on one of the weekends that I should NOT aim for?

We could get a little tiny major going in between Summer Jam and NEC. Idk.

Is Vegas interested in going? [ @Inferno @BrandX+ ]
Is NorCal interested in going? [ @Dolfinh @Negus Eyoel @RemiKz @fastturtle @Beamsprouts @clawmaster @Bit_Strife @severine ]
Is PNW interested in going? [ @Domo @Choose Goose @420xGunShotsx69 @Hilary ]

(Obviously not everyone uses SH so I'll talk to others outside of here but I just wanted to tag some potential people. Let me know if I forgot anybody.)

If nobody cares I'll just pick a date and go, I just thought I'd ask.
I'd probably end up going around October or a bit sooner.
I thought it would be worthwhile to see if we can keep the 'community turnout ball' rolling.

Last edited:
Reactions: IsaVulpes
We'll probably have to look into any upcoming events going on, but it would be fun to arrange something nice yeah

We'll probably have to look into any upcoming events going on, but it would be fun to arrange something nice yeah
Do you know if there is anything coming up that I don't know about?
Or do you mean something that is not announced yet?

Moreso we'll have to see if there are any upcoming events that could better warrant everyone showing up for SG.

Otherwise we could just close our eyes, pick a day and then hey, time for a local turned major.

Otherwise we could just close our eyes, pick a day

Okay, I'm picking October 15th/16th (Thursday/Friday)
to
October 18th/19th (Sunday/Monday)

It's my birthday weekend.

I'd like to stay for a weekend to make the trip worthwhile.
I never have time to visit the cities I play in.

Let me know if this does or doesn't work.
Let the people in SoCal that don't go to Salty very often know too, if you can : )

Don't come Friday when there's going to be an arc divide (which is bi-weekly, but now monthly), otherwise there's no interesting events in the foreseeable future that I can think of off the top of my head. Just checking, October 15 - 19 shouldn't collide with any monthlies. Edit: Right, CEOtak. no other events between then though?

Socal Regionals Prelude 2 has no set date as well. Real SCR happens on October 9 - 11

Seems like you should be good.
@MegamanDS @KidPanda @tekkaxe @liero116 @CyberSaiko1 @Fifi @droopyturtle Couch and so forth, come on down?! and anyone else I may have missed.

Hey, my birfday is in Octopusber.

Let's have a combined birthday bash.

I'll buy the cakes.

I'm willing to try and go, but I'm a bit confused by the dates.

Wooo October boys!

Real SCR happens on October 9 - 11
SoCal Regionals 2015

Gearing up for the main event, SoCal Regionals is now targeted for October 9-11, 2015 and we are also looking into the Ontario Convention Center as the new home of SCR! We had a site visit on April 25 and was impressed with venue accommodations, contracting process, and how close the airport and hotels are from the convention.
Oh my gosh so it is.

I had no idea there was a set date for it.
Maybe I'll just fly down for that?

When do we get more information?'

If it has Skullgirls I'll book my flight for that weekend.

When do we get more information?

Forreal tho, SG was confirmed a while back. Now it's just the hope that Valle doesn't conveniently forget this and exclude it from the lineup or something.

Oh my gosh so it is.

I had no idea there was a set date for it.
Maybe I'll just fly down for that?

When do we get more information?'

If it has Skullgirls I'll book my flight for that weekend.

I don't believe Skullgirls is going to be SCR if I remember correctly.

Oh. Well which one is it :S?
Maybe I should contact Valle? I have no idea how to get a hold of him.

ss+(2015-08-02+at+10.04.30).jpg
Here was the line up for the last Prelude.
Did they have a BYOC area or have any side tournaments at any of the other events?
(Is Valle against them?)

They also said they were aiming for a second Prelude in August.
It's already August and there's still no information.

Would people rather go to SCR or have a giant Salty?
I guess that depends on if Skullgirls is there.

CEOtaku is too far and expensive for me since I'm already buying my tickets for NEC today/tomorrow.

"Targeted for October 9-11" doesn't quite scream confidence that the event will actually happen that weekend, considering all that's happened to the event this year. I'd stick with your original plan and go the weekend after. [I might also roll through from CenCal, but I can't be too sure at this point.]

Reactions: skull person
I'd rather just have a Salty, but it depends on whether there is any info at all about SCR...

I'm ready to just skip SCR and save the money for NEC. If that happens I could probably arrange for a visit with my best friend at occidental college and catch a ride with stuff (or someone else) to hang out there.

I'm thinking we should just set a specific day, and if no SCR information is announced by then, then the move should be showing up to a Salty

̄\_(ツ)_/ ̄

Let's make it a Salty Birthday Bash.

Me, you and @Stuff.

I'll buy cake for all of us.

That sounds a lot better than going to SCR tbh especially if I get a cupcake.

Is anyone down for going to the arcade Friday and Saturday ?

Man, Friday and Saturday?

That might be a bit much for me. Maybe I should ask for the day off...

Also, @WingZero also has a birthday in October.

Let's do this.

If it means chilling with PNW, I will look into putting the time off. What are the exact days, now?

Can I sleep at ugc if we're staying two days?

I'm probably not going to sleep there anyway.

Can I sleep at ugc if we're staying two days?

I'm probably not going to sleep there anyway.

you always sleep there

Reactions: Midiman
whether i can go both days is dependent on if i can get a ride with @WingZero twice

This is less directly Salty-related outside of it facilitating us being able to show up there, but it was suggested we come here anyway to ask if someone might be able to help check out a place for @dapurplesharpie and me that we might be moving into. The current house that we're looking at is in Colton, which I understand is a bit of a drive but if someone could give us a hand with that within the next day or two while I work with the landlord, it would be greatly appreciated. Might be able to compensate for gas if necessary, as well.

Reactions: dapurplesharpie
I will personally give you money for gas to go out there if you can. We really need someone to check out the place. ;A;

This is less directly Salty-related outside of it facilitating us being able to show up there, but it was suggested we come here anyway to ask if someone might be able to help check out a place for @dapurplesharpie and me that we might be moving into. The current house that we're looking at is in Colton, which I understand is a bit of a drive but if someone could give us a hand with that within the next day or two while I work with the landlord, it would be greatly appreciated. Might be able to compensate for gas if necessary, as well.

That's the city next to mine I won't say I can do it but if I can I'll try to help. No guarantees though.

Just PM or whatever and maybe I can help out.

Reactions: POS Industries
Yeah okay.
That's enough information for me to go to Salty instead.

The weekend I'd like to go is still:
October 15th or 16th (Thursday/Friday)
to
October 18th or 19th (Sunday/Monday)

There's like.. four people I think with birthdays in October and Verdant wants to get cakes.

It does conflict with CEOtaku in Florida, but that's REALLY far for us west coasters which I imagine are saving money for Summer Jam or NEC.
So I will ignore that unless a bunch of people want to go to Salty and Florida.

Do these dates work for people?
I'd like to book my flights soon but there's no rush!