• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 8, 2017] SALTY! Friday Weeklies @ Game Realms (Burbank, CA)

Please let Beowulf's VA be revealed this week. I'm trying to be patient, I really am but it's not working anymore.

Please let Beowulf's VA be revealed this week. I'm trying to be patient, I really am but it's not working anymore.

Gilbert Gottfried

Reactions: Clawsome Bombs
Don't be ridiculous. I've heard they've got him reserved for Annie.

Salty! Tomorrow, Friday, January 16, 2015 7:00 PM

Bring your clothes, a controller and maybe an attitude.

(I can dates.)

Last edited:
January 24th, ARC Divide: Renewal

This will be a fairly regular tournament series at UGC and there will be an effort to not have this conflict with Rebel Up and any other local/major tournaments with the same games.

Venue Fee

$10

Main Games

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PS3) - $3
Skullgirls Encore (PS3)- $3
Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Plus R (PS3) - Free
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (PS3) - Free
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3) - Free
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late (PS3) - Free
Mystery Game (?) - Free

Side Tournaments

VSav (UD CPS2 or PS3) - $1
More TBA

Schedule

2PM - Casuals
4PM - BBCP
6PM - GG+R
7PM - Skullgirls
8PM - P4AU/UNIEL/VSav
10PM - Xrd
12AM - Mystery Game

Payouts

70/20/10

Streams

ASW Games: twitch.tv/Jyosua
All Other Games: twitch.tv/UGClive

Contacts

https://twitter.com/Jyosua
https://twitter.com/WeeabooNinja

Setups

There are a decent number of monitors available, but bringing PS3s with the games (UNIEL, Xrd, BBCP, P4AU, etc.) are needed. I'll see what we need and I'll notify people here and on twitter and SG IRC if we need volunteers.
Remember we got this coming up on Saturdaaaaaaaay!

Hey, it's Friday and stuff. Salty? Ya? Probably?

salty is today yes.

I'm actually gonna be in LA for a business trip the weekend of the 14th, so I'm gonna try my best to make it out to SALTY!

Reactions: earlfriend
Salty will continue to be every Friday unless a special event comes up, if anyone was wondering. Super Arcade is still down, and UGC has a Smash thing on Saturday we are trying to not interfere with. K go.

Reactions: Kuzlalala
I edited the thread to reflect the above information, get ready to play Skullgirls forever

HEY GUYS.

This Friday we're going to try to get as many people as possible to UGC for Salty to record some crowd cheers/noise/chanting! This will be for Beowulf. If you want to be part of the crowd cheering that gets put into the game along with Beo, BE AT SALTY THIS FRIDAY BY 8:30PM.

HEY GUYS.

This Friday we're going to try to get as many people as possible to UGC for Salty to record some crowd cheers/noise/chanting! This will be for Beowulf. If you want to be part of the crowd cheering that gets put into the game along with Beo, BE AT SALTY THIS FRIDAY BY 8:30PM.
That is ridiculously hype. It's ridiculous. Sir, you're being ridiculous.
RIDICULOUS.

HEY GUYS.

Wait that means we get a chance to meet Beo's VA?

Hmmm?

Oh man can't go though I'd have to pay at least 4k dollars.

Wait that means we get a chance to meet Beo's VA?

Hmmm?

Oh man can't go though I'd have to pay at least 4k dollars.

Highly doubt that.

I'll practice this:

@DDB Make the trip to UGC, become immortalized in game for what we know of you in forum life.

Reactions: Kai
Anyone live or passing by the 57 wanna pick me up?
Its a bit far for me to drive my truck there.

Ill pitch in money for gas :D

Oh, recording for Beowulf's audience
do it extra good for me
I can only be there in spirit

As soon as i heard about this crowd recording thing, i was kinda scratching my head. Why now of all times? I mean wouldn't it have been a fantastic oppurtunity to record such SFX at past big tournaments where a SG tournament was present? Or would that have come with some legality issues? Just wondering.

As soon as i heard about this crowd recording thing, i was kinda scratching my head. Why now of all times? I mean wouldn't it have been a fantastic oppurtunity to record such SFX at past big tournaments where a SG tournament was present? Or would that have come with some legality issues? Just wondering.

Because we never thought of it until we wanted to have it for Beowulf. It's FOR Beowulf. That's why it's happening now. There's also very short notice. Once we had the idea, we had to try to get a bunch of people to show up somewhere. It also needs to be recorded with proper equipment and by someone who knows what they're doing - which is our Sound Engineer/Composer Vince, who wasn't present at any of the events you're talking about.

Reactions: Kai and gluemchen
Oh wow... so the hype mechanic was something that was seen as something feasable fairly late in the brainstorming phase. I guess that makes it all pretty understandable as to why it came down to now. Thanks for taking your time to answer. Also shoutouts to sound guy.

Reactions: earlfriend
Oh wow... so the hype mechanic was something that was seen as something feasable fairly late in the brainstorming phase. I guess that makes it all pretty understandable as to why it came down to now. Thanks for taking your time to answer. Also shoutouts to sound guy.

Nah, the hype mechanic itself was always planned and known to be feasible. We had the idea for accompanying crowd noise partway through his development, and only a couple weeks ago did we decide that yes, we'd like to go ahead and record some.

Also, yo, sound guy is AWESOME.

Reactions: Kai
I went and I had fun.

Fun is evil.

Evil is enjoyable.

AAAAAHHHH Shouting till it hurt was really fun.

I hope some of my distant When's Annies made it in there. Probably not.

Hey, Friday! Salty! Do stuff (Not Stuff), have fun!

Reactions: Wrexkun
Saturday February 28th, ARC Divide

This will be a fairly regular tournament series at UGC and there will be an effort to not have this conflict with Rebel Up and any other local/major tournaments with the same games.

Venue Fee

$10

Main Games

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- (PS3) - $3
Skullgirls Encore (PS3)- $3
Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Plus R (PS3) - $ 1
BlazBlue: Chronophantasma (PS3) - $ 1
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax (PS3) - $ 1
Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late (PS3) - $ 1
Mystery Game (?) - Free

Side Tournaments

VSav (UD CPS2 or PS3) - $1
More TBA

Schedule

2PM - Casuals
4PM - BBCP
6PM - GG+R
7PM - Skullgirls
8PM - P4AU/UNIEL/VSav
10PM - Xrd
12AM - Mystery Game

Payouts

70/20/10

Streams

ASW Games: twitch.tv/Jyosua
All Other Games: twitch.tv/UGClive

Contacts
https://twitter.com/Jyosua
https://twitter.com/WeeabooNinja

Setups

There are a decent number of monitors available, but bringing PS3s with the games (UNIEL, Xrd, BBCP, P4AU, etc.) are needed. I'll see what we need and I'll notify people here and on twitter and SG IRC if we need volunteers.

so are we just gunna do salty on saturday then?