• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 8, 2017] SALTY! Friday Weeklies @ Game Realms (Burbank, CA)

Oh awesome! That sounds like a plan, Weatherbee!

The employee there said someone came in asking about a similar proposal. From what he told me it sounded like Vic was there.

Do you recommend I shoot an email right after Vic's confirmation?

Ya let's see if Vic has more info or already discussed some more details.

Reactions: Cas Chronon
Ok, talked to them some more, they have a small backroom we can also utilize, they wanna charge a lot of weird small fees for like tables and space and stuff. Vic is gonna talk to them more (dont worry about the e-mail @Cas Chronon ) about it and see if we can just get a fixed sum instead of all the little fees to come in on. Aiming to keep it around $3-5 a person (based on 20ish people), so be prepared for that. Stay tuned, and hopefully we'll have something lined up for next week!

Reactions: Cas Chronon
Ok, talked to them some more, they have a small backroom we can also utilize, they wanna charge a lot of weird small fees for like tables and space and stuff. Vic is gonna talk to them more about it and see if we can just get a fixed sum instead of all the little fees to come in on. Aiming to keep it around $3-5 a person (based on 20ish people)
20 people paying $3 is $60. I think they would be happy with $60...?

20 people paying $3 is $60. I think they would be happy with $60...?
Ah..hahah...ha uh ok so I asked them to lump all the fees they wanted to tack on based our needs together and this is what I got: http://pastebin.com/656kJFwq

So... uh. Any other ideas?

Reactions: Fifi
AHAHAHAhahahahahaha
$4 per PERSON per hour? Times 25-30 people times like 8 hours? Yeah, um, fuck that shit.

If we did $5 all evening x 20 people (less than normal) they'd make $100 that day. I am willing to offer them that, but there is no way we will pay them $400+ every week.
You want me to talk to 'em?

AHAHAHAhahahahahaha
$4 per PERSON per hour? Times 25-30 people times like 8 hours? Yeah, um, fuck that shit.

If we did $5 all evening x 20 people (less than normal) they'd make $100 that day. I am willing to offer them that, but there is no way we will pay them $400+ every week.
You want me to talk to 'em?
I mean, you can try? Talking someone down from 400+ to 100 though? like damn. Cas posted their details here

I mean, you can try? Talking someone down from 400+ to 100 though? like damn. Cas posted their details here
Well yeah, but I'm not you so I dunno the representation or anything. Were there other details?

I'll just forward you the e-mail dialogue so far.

K talked the guy. They didn't really wanna budge so that place is off the table.

EDIT: ...and they just called me back again and he's looking into seeing make it affordable? So. Not expecting anything else from it but /shrug

Last edited:
That's a horrible scheme man, they want us to pay 516 for non-members. I don't even mind paying 10 bucks to play the hours we normally do but at least make it reasonable. This goes way too far though, sucks because we'd only be using the space not even so much their equipment.

K talked the guy. They didn't really wanna budge so that place is off the table.

EDIT: ...and they just called me back again and he's looking into seeing make it affordable? So. Not expecting anything else from it but /shrug
Yyyyyeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh it's not like we can really raise that much more.
Fifi might be willing to pay $10, but some of the attendees CAN'T pay $10 a week. And if we are bringing our own stuff, not using their stuff or their internet...$10 is tooooo much.

CSUN is no better. If I am a student, its $50 per hour. If I form a club with @Some Person , it drops it to $25 an hour.

Well they never returned another call, not that it would have gone anywhere. Looks like we will not have anything this week either D:

Should I try asking the boba place near me then? I don't know how to open up a dialogue with them tho.

If you think it can hold a good chunk of us and it's a feasible venue. I just remember it looking a little small especially when we start taking table and stuff to set up.

Tronzilla hit me up, he says the 27th wont be a good time to use the card shop again. He wants to run a thing on March 5th though (a friday). Also wants to host some SFV stuff that night as well. So we would be sharing space. I think it should still be alright, but I also don't know how big a turnout they would get for the SFV part. Can ask him to keep me posted on their numbers for that.

There are at least 20 chairs in the place, 5 tables that hold 4 each. I mean I personally think it looks big, I've seen it when there's a bunch of high schoolers there and it fits them comfortably.

Oh, I guess I'm late to the party. It's a shame about Planet Cyber, as it's basically walking distance for me. I only hope that you managed to laugh directly in the guy's face when he told you the price. But good riddance anyway, as Yelp says the place is pretty shady, and from what I see on their YouTube tour (with hilariously outdated games), they're not really set up for BYO anything. The reason they have a "per person" model is probably because all they have is computers on a desk, and they don't understand that we're not renting their equipment. We need to rent a room, and whether one person or ten people are in there is irrelevant. They're no extra overhead for more people. Unless they want to hire staff to give us all our own personal assistants, and if they do, I recommend ones that can do massages and foot-rubs all night. Apparently one guy getting $75 for the night is all the extra staff they need. So rent us a room and that one guy for the night.

Anyway though, on to businesses that won't fail, CSUN doesn't sound too bad. $25 an hour for 8 hours comes out to $200. Estimated at around $8 to $10 per person. And we can probably get away with 6 hours and $150 total if we can actually start on time. (Why did everyone start laughing?) Also, if we can get around 40 people, we can do 8 hours for $5 per head. And we might as well try and advertise on campus, and make this "club" a club. "New CSUN Fighting Game Club! Come on down all you video game lovers, and bring your off-campus friends too!" Unfortunately, the big risk with this is that if our numbers don't show up, someone will be stuck footing the bill.

Reactions: Mike_Z
It doesn't sound bad, as long as someone is willing to foot the bill on it till everyone shows up.

Tronzilla hit me up, said he had to delay the March 5th event to March 12th. So, bleh.

I'll foot the bill and everyone can pay me later.

If you don't pay me, I'll sneak into your homes and make a mess of your pots and pans.

I know where a good number of you live.

Reminder, March 12th, Tapped Out Gaming venue will be available to us again. It's far, but at the moment I have no other prospects myself. Tron mentioned he wants to get better numbers so he can keep these events going. The card shop won't continue do it if attendance isn't good enough from the sounds of it. ITS BEEN AWHILE SINCE WE'VE ALL DONE THIS and let's hang out and play games and stuff 'cause it sucks not having locals.

Tapped Out Gaming
28410 Avenue Stanford, Valencia, CA 91355
Start Time: 4pm
End Time: Depends on attendance 12am-1am
Games: SG, GG, VSav (Hopefully), He's also gonna try running SFV

Uuuuuuuuuugh

RIP. That's my birthday so I definitely cannot go.

Should we stream on the eighty sixed channel so viewers can control quality since we are partnered? I can get you the stream key and I'll be there since the place is 10 min away from me.

Should we stream on the eighty sixed channel so viewers can control quality since we are partnered? I can get you the stream key and I'll be there since the place is 10 min away from me.
Last time we streamed on DJ's channel since we were using his phone and comp for internet. The problem is their internet isn't good enough to stream. So we would need someone willing to use their data, and a laptop to set it up. I have no objections to using 86'd if we get these things. I'd say it's up the supplier of the internet/equipment though.

Last time we streamed on DJ's channel since we were using his phone and comp for internet. The problem is their internet isn't good enough to stream. So we would need someone willing to use their data, and a laptop to set it up. I have no objections to using 86'd if we get these things. I'd say it's up the supplier of the internet/equipment though.
I'm surprised it worked as well as it did last time. Unfortunately I won't be there next week to supply stream equipment ;A;

I have my cell phone with 4G if it works. Just not sure how to teather Internet to laptop

Last edited:
Sweet, well, spread the word, let's get people together 'cause man it's been awhile.

well thats tron's venue right? thats pretty close for me and wing so should be good

Ya, it's the same card shop as last time.

So how many monitors are there going to be? I finally have my own to bring if there's a shortage of them

Mine, Mike's... Fifi if he comes? Your's! POS maybe? Give us all the monitors.

Yep, I'll be there.
Excellent

Once again March 12th, be there, be square, etc.

Tapped Out Gaming
$5 Venue
28410 Avenue Stanford, Valencia, CA 91355
Start Time: 4pm
End Time: Depends on attendance 12am-1am
Games: SG, GG+R, VSav (Rob won't be able to make it so maybe not D:), He's also gonna try running SFV, Hell we did a 3S tourney just bring stuff

Last edited:
Beat me in a first to five and I'll gift you a steam game under $20.