• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

USA [Dec 8, 2017] SALTY! Friday Weeklies @ Game Realms (Burbank, CA)

Just to clarify, that was a joke. But I'm not participating in running SF5, tournaments for that game are a nightmare.
Tron said he was gonna run it, so I assume he's gonna run it.

He said he plans on these being a monthly. No set date, but expect at least one sometime in April.

So uh, just a reminder, I'll be in SoCal at the eSports arena in Santa Ana this thursday night(late) through most if not all of sunday. If anyone wants to hang out, you're welcome to swing by and watch some speedruns (I bet if you brought a setup we could play SG too, that'd be cool!)

The Round 1 in SoCal is also only about 30 minutes away from the Californithon video, so I'm thinking of finding a way there as well to play some more Valkenhayn Blazblue: Central Fiction. If anyone is interested in either thing, please let me know!

Reactions: Flotilla
I might found new potential spot if you guys are interested. Its a new gaming store that just open in Burbank called Game Realms it kinda reminds me of World 8. I checked out the store last week and store has a console gaming area in the back with laggy monitors. They wanna plan on running tournaments like sfv, smash also wanna do Skullgirls which owner is a big fan of the game. There business hours pretty janky 11pm-9pm hope we can make them extend there hours for us lol.

Here is the website http://game-realms.com/
FB page: has images https://www.facebook.com/gamerealms/

Owners: Maggie: maggie@game-realms.com
Will: will@game-realms.com
phone number: (818) 841-1545

Address: 137 N Victory Blvd Burbank, CA, 91502

Oddly enough, they contacted Mike recently about holding events, so waiting to hear how that goes. They sound very cooperative, so here's hoping!

I might found new potential spot if you guys are interested.
As Weatherbee said, they contacted me already.
They are down for biweeklies, with a venue fee.
We do have to bring our own stuff, but that's standard now. :^\

How big is the area we'd be in? You think it can fit our usual group?

12417872_1090285114350425_8878291352295581371_n.jpg
11971_1090285037683766_1298712744322847263_n.jpg

yea i can lend off my crts and a asus monitor just to borrow to the store.

it near burbank mall. What a remember in-n-out, el pollo loco, baja fresh, popeyes, also dowtown burbank st with a lot of places to eat. Not sure about eating inside though.

Isn't that a bit better than Tronzilla's last venue since it's not way up by Six Flags? Is this happening anytime soon?
I wanna play offline :(

I'll definitely go next week! I'm not so far away, and I need to practice offline. I get too nervous, and I need to help with that.

is there even a next week? It is a new month.

I'll definitely go next week! I'm not so far away, and I need to practice offline. I get too nervous, and I need to help with that.
There isn't anything planned yet, but keep an eye on the thread, hopefully we'll get something going soon! Playing in person helps a lot with that too!

Sooooo..when's the next Salty?
Apparently the venue we need to check out is open in May-ish some time? PS @Mike_Z When we check dis out? Also failing this... maybe consider KO Gaming Lounge because it was nice, just... 11pm D: maaan

Oh, nice! Will definitely keep an eye on it!

Will there be something soon? I'd like to get some offline exp some time before CB. TTwTT

By the way, how is talks with Game Realms going? I see they're having a grand opening on May 14th. Also, their official site is showing this now: http://game-realms.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/will2.jpg Are they trying to give us a sign?

And in other news, KO Gaming Lounge is also a REALLY nice venue. I was legit blown away by that place. And for reference, I'm typically unimpressed by everything. A guy at the front desk was even talking to me about his love for Skullgirls after he saw my shirt, and he said he'd love to host us there. The only sticking point is that the place closes down at 11:00 PM. Hard shutdown. The same guy did say that he wanted to find a way to open two hours later and then close two hours later, which would be cool, but I don't actually think he has the clout to pull it off.

Oh, is that the game store I've been hearing about?

How late will they be letting us stay?

By the way, how is talks with Game Realms going? I see they're having a grand opening on May 14th. Also, their official site is showing this now: http://game-realms.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/will2.jpg Are they trying to give us a sign?

And in other news, KO Gaming Lounge is also a REALLY nice venue. I was legit blown away by that place. And for reference, I'm typically unimpressed by everything. A guy at the front desk was even talking to me about his love for Skullgirls after he saw my shirt, and he said he'd love to host us there. The only sticking point is that the place closes down at 11:00 PM. Hard shutdown. The same guy did say that he wanted to find a way to open two hours later and then close two hours later, which would be cool, but I don't actually think he has the clout to pull it off.

Wow that looks amazing. Also that hint lol

So....I presume nothing for this week? TTwTT

I would drive almost anywhere to a local meetup. I would even bring my computer if it would help. Is there anything that the regular SG players in the L.A. and surrounding areas can do to help?

Better question: Can I help? I'm still new to the game and community, but I would like to become more involved (and one day, not be awful at the game).

Last edited:
@Weatherbee
HEY DUDE let's actually have one of us go visit the dang Burbank place.
I'm delegating the task because you don't have time and I don't have the gas to drive up there and it would take all day for me. IF they can't do it we'll figure something else out.

Hey dudes and dudettes,

So I was at Game Realms yesterday, and I was talking to the owner about hosting SG there. Though he was running around like crazy doing the schmoozing thing for the grand opening, so it was hard to get him still for a period of time for questions. But he did say he'd like to do it, and was in contact with "the developers" about it. He's apparently wants to do a ton of things, but doesn't have anything concrete for anything. He mentioned Smash Bros., and said "esports" a lot in relation to events. And I guess they're doing a Persona 5 launch party when that's out? So it sounds like he's reaching for the stars, so hopefully an SG weekly casuals is not going to get bumped out a lot.

Also, Weatherbee, I told him to contact you instead of the developers, by which I assume he means the other Mike Z. And I gave him your number, though I'm somewhat doubtful he'll actually call, so you'll probably him to contact him first if you haven't been already. In fact, I'll pass you his business card: http://imgur.com/qH1sjYo (Isn't technology wonderful?)

Okay, so as for the place ITSELF. The back area of the store, seen above in pictures with the stand-up console setups, has empty space for about two setups, and probably like five more if they don't mind us blocking access to the console stations along the wall. Which I don't think should be a problem. It's all setups for various retro games, so I don't think anyone's going to care if they can't play Super Mario World for a day.

For standing room, that area would be a bit tight for 20-30 people, but there's also an outdoor area to the side that he said could hold an overflow of people. And it's pretty huge, so it can hold everyone we'd ever bring. It's basically a walled-in blacktop area. And honestly, I think that area would be way better for hosting our events. Set up tables, chairs, and extension cords, and we'd have all the space we'd ever need. And put up a tarp or something, in case it rains. But this is California, dammit. What's rain?

Speaking of which, he said they don't have chairs, but he's looking into getting some. He's looking into getting a lot things, apparently. Dreaming big. I didn't ask about tables, but I assume it's the same answer. It's definitely going to be BYO console and TVs, but generally we've been doing that anyway, so whatever.

And they generally close at 9, but he said they'd have no problem staying open later for events. And venue fee is negotiable. Actually, many things still need to be negotiated. But yeah, in summary, the venue itself seems okay, and in my mind the real question is how willing they'd be to have us.

Reactions: Fifi and Weatherbee
They're willing to have us, I just wanted confirmation that the venue would work.

Although I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally would like to wait for there to be chairs...?

Nice! Ya, we kinda need chairs and tables to function for this, but that covers my concerns pretty well. Thaaaanks Jason! I'll poke him on like, a Wednesday or something, when it'll hopefully be slow?

Although it sounds like they want to run a lot of different types of events. But hell, if we can at least get this place like, twice a month that is way better than zeeeeeero.

Well he didn't answer so I left him a message. Hopefully gets back to us soon.

the manager at this new game venue in woodland hills/ventura contacted me due to being a UGC employee and willing to allow us to run events. I know the hours are not good but there will be willing to extend our hours when we come and change venue fee for $5 for us. I checked out the venue and talked to the manager. Its a bigger UGC 7,000 sq ft. Three game room, no asus monitors, a dance floor lol and CHAIRS!. They want us, sfv players and smash players to be there on June 17th not 100% confirm on the date.

http://www.playitloud.la/