• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax

New gameplay footage in 720p.
Featuring:
Kirito vs Minato
Shana vs Shizuo
Kirino vs Shana

Oh my gosh I just realized, that Jack Cayman COULD be in this game.
I know he's pretty much the most unlikely character to be in this game, since he's one of the least fitting characters that could be in and his games are not financially successful at all. He's a Sega character too, which there's like only one confirmed so far.
But AGH I want to believe.

Arcade Mode featuring Minato and Misaka, but NO Final Boss whatsoever. Just a "Thank you for playing!" message.

i wonder if kirino's ending is like the ending to oreimo
in which she fucks her goddamn brother

So this game has Bursting and increase defense when HP is low as mechanics, kind of like P4A (Awakening state increases defense), neat.

Also that girl with the long pink hair looks like she has a Dreamcast controller for a headpiece.

Dengeki Bunko FIGHTING CLIMAX! = JAEPO 2014 = Matches

Get dunked, Minato style!​

Akira with Pai Chan as a support.

00427.jpg

More on Akira will be revealed when the next Dengeki Bunko event takes place on March 16th.

Reactions: Vladislav_Paizis
dream1.jpg

No, you're not hallucinating. Sega Dreamcast-Tan confirmed as a fighter.

New Trailer

Last edited:
so is dreamcast-tan gonna be actually impressive in terms of power but get stomped due to a lack of stuff to choose from and the inability to play DVDs

Clearly a signal to the eventual Dreamcast 2.

The Dream Lives

so is dreamcast-tan gonna be actually impressive in terms of power but get stomped due to a lack of stuff to choose from and the inability to play DVDs
everyone who loves fightin' games will love dreamcast

she's got the best version of mahvel

Been awhile since more news. Now two more playable and two more assist characters announced.

- First new revealed playable character is the heroine Miyuki Shiba from The Irregular at Magic High School LN that not so coincidentally recently had an anime adaption released.
c54ebae9e59e1b8723f1458581cb60b31399650100_full.png

- She unsurprisingly utilizes ice based "magic" and is probably the most brother-complex trait equipped character I came across.

- The first new revealed assist character [you can see him under Miyuki portrait] to compliment Miyuki is unsurprisingly her nearly emotionless yet reliable older brother Tatsuya Shiba who is the main protagonist of their LN. Unfortunately no screen shot of him in action was shown yet.
Mahouka_Koukou_No_Rettousei_Trident4.jpg

Hard to determine what he will do since he can either utilize ninjutsu based physical attacks, simply use cast jammer [negate magic while making opponent feel woozy], using Trident [his CAD pistol for ranged magical attacks] for example. I doubt he will use his CAD Sniper Rifle Third Eye since that requires even further range.

- The second new revealed playable character is no surprise and quite frankly about time is the heroine from Toradora! Taiga Aisaka.
0b94c433742c38887d4231929190f8721399650134_full.png

- Probably one of the more iconic "tsundere" archetype characters. Despite her petite size she can be quite violent and has quite the antagonizing speech pattern which earned her the fitting nickname "palmtop tiger". Unfortunately no gameplay screenshots yet, but highly likely she will be a physical rushdown based character with brutal punches/kicks if your familiar with the work.

- The second new revealed assist character is unsurprisingly the protagonist of Toradora! Ryuji Takasu [not shown in screenshots].
Ryuuji1.jpg

- Despite naturally looking like a violent delinquent he is nothing of the sort. He is actually quite responsible in terms of school grades, cooking, and even sewing. I frankly have no idea how he will operate as an assist. I am fairly certain he will fulfill a support type role somehow.

Source

Reactions: Luweewu and Wenzel
Man, not that it's a bad thing, but what is it with all the protags being the assist with supporting/secondary characters as the playables? Even if Shizuo would be the first one from Durarara to look at for a fighting game in the first place, it's still Celty that is the main character, never mind that her powers would make for an interesting playable on her own.

Haven't seen the anime Taiga's from, but I welcome her.
Do check it out! It's a great romantic comedy/drama show.

I'm glad they confirmed Taiga. Will be maining her when I get the game.

Reactions: Wenzel
One of Taiga's specials better involve Minori doing something random or Ami seducing the opponent.

Last edited:
Reactions: YoshimitsusEspeon
IF Taiga doesn't shot I DONT WANT HER

The Irregular at Magic High School. Miyuki Shiba who fights with ice attacks is a playable character.

Tatsuya Shiba joins also as a support character.

fc_004_cs1w1_720x.jpg

fc_003_cs1w1_720x.jpg

fc_009_cs1w1_720x.jpg
Taiga Aisaka from Toradora! is a playable character too.

Ryuji Takasu joins as a support character. He can bring a life restoring bento box or rush an opponent with a sweeping attack.

fc_006_cs1w1_720x.jpg
fc_007_cs1w1_720x.jpg

fc_011_cs1w1_720x.jpg

When Ryuji is in "Mister Clean Mode" there is no stopping him. Also, glad to see he has his famous stare.​

Ok Miyuki looks like she has quite a bit of range with her ice attacks. Tatsuya assist is using his cad pistol as a low? Kind of reminds me of Wesker. Taiga uses a bat for a second and what looks like as an AA attack. Was right on how Ryuji (finally he appears) ended up as a support type assist, but can also do a rushdown low too since he constantly cleans up after Taiga.

They need to release another trailer though soon to showcase them more accurately because I still have no idea what that Taiga/Miyuki supers are because the screenshot wasn't exactly helpful.

More screenshots of Miyuki, Tatsuya, Taiga, and Ryuji released.

Taiga/Ryuji
cd5d7b7c60b6cf5240ac7b5f2d8f338b1401195020_full.jpg

4286212d17ab09542fbb38fc80fbc48c1401195222_full.jpg

575cceac83c8fbfa46debd6d5a1545d01401195238_full.jpg

fdb72737e234c0591bc91cf0d01f2c9d1401195250_full.jpg

Dat drop kick lol
18fab675c829679b259cf61934e5a5961401195692_full.jpg

That bento can heal injuries

Miyuki/Tatsuya
86ffdf8d60c6da06cab75355000ceddd1401195278_full.jpg

7627280d74864710843047d6d803694e1401195289_full.jpg

That range lol
a3f852756b227eaad3a5ebe572a73e931401195343_full.jpg

cb7a068b61ec44a1d589307a6867e49b1401195755_full.jpg

Really hope this assist move isn't as broken as in the VN lol
47e0262c72718bf40fe38e3bc12e68ec1401195767_full.jpg

I want this game so bad

Oh yeah of course

Miyuki is looking real good with the range/speed on her attacks and that Taiga super was brutal looking. The Tatsuya assist that connected seemed to freeze the opponent temporarily while that Ryuji assist seems to only hit on the way back?

Laughed at that Taiga super especially Ryuji randomly appearing at the end trying to hold her back.

That Tatsuya cast jamming assist looks like a nasty post knockdown setup. Good area of effect and duration. I guess the opponent can't attack temporarily if the assist connects, but forcing the opponent to block that shit can be just as rewarding.

The Ryuji mop attack assist seems like a decent "get in" assist to cover your approach for characters that struggle to advance like Shizuo and Taiga.

Taiga pole super has nice range (is that full screen? Lol) and damage (killed Kirito before he could even awaken when hit raw), but she seems to struggle in footsies to start her game compared to the average character.

Miyuki looks fast and has ranged specials, but she seems to be a momentum character to really shine since it looks like when things slow down against characters with better ranged normals she gets beaten out.

A vampire is joining Sega’s crossover fighting game, Degneki Bunko Fighting Climax. Kojou Akatsuki from Strike the Blood shows up as a support character and can summon Kenju in battle. Yukina Himeragi, the Sword Shaman sent to watch Kojou, is a playable character. In Degneki Bunko Fighting Climax, Yukina is a standard type of character who is effective in close combat and has magic attacks.

dfc01.jpg

dfc03.jpg

Rentaro Satomi from Black Bullet is a power type of character that fights with an XD gun. Enju Aihara, a cursed child that lives with Rentaro, is a support character with a powerful jump kick.

dfc02.jpg

dfc04.jpg

Reactions: Cybermanworf