• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Diamond Deflector has shorter active period in beta

drewski

Reaction score
Steam
drewski
Big Band Cerebella
As the title says, bella's reflect seems to have a shorter reflecting window in the beta.

Reactions: dekillsage
Same window, but from 1f-14f instead of from 4f-18f. So yes it doesn't last as long into the anim, but the window itself is the same.

ALSO, Bikes has 7f less hitstop in the Beta, so even the Retail reflect wouldn't last long enough in that instance without the extra hitstop. ;^)

Same window, but from 1f-14f instead of from 4f-18f. So yes it doesn't last as long into the anim, but the window itself is the same.

ALSO, Bikes has 7f less hitstop in the Beta, so even the Retail reflect wouldn't last long enough in that instance without the extra hitstop. ;^)
I thought my test was perfect! :(

Ok, good to know that it's intentional. It feels really off right now but it's something I can get used to.

Wait what
Wasn't the "deflector actually deflects from the first startup frame" made ages ago?
Because I can deflect on the 2nd startup frame in retail :
D354365FE343C9D244BF57817FB229D44EE60013
Am I missing something stupid?

My bad, yes the change was made before Eliza. But THAT change had a mistake, which was that it made the reflect period 14f both at startup, and 4f in. So it hasn't got the mistake any more.

The instance in question is still the 7f hitstop though, promise. :^)

I'll fix it to be the old window, bug though it was.

@drewski
Assuming your test is a round-start positions save, that was actually a last-frame-of-the-window impact with the lessened hitstop. Nice work!

I'll fix it to be the old window, bug though it was.

@drewski
Assuming your test is a round-start positions save, that was actually a last-frame-of-the-window impact with the lessened hitstop. Nice work!
siiiiiiiiick to both things!