• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Differentiate Input for Hatred Install

ElkyDori

No Quarter
Reaction score
Steam
Elky Dori
PSN
ElkyDori
Painwheel Cerebella
Ever since HI was changed to 236KK, it's meant flubbed TK Threshers and too-shallow Threshers become unintended Installs.

Can we switch the input to 214KK or specific K's (LK+MK, MK+HK, etc.) so that input/timing errors result in a normal instead of flushing two bars down the drain?

u no strider hz wall cling 4 da sem rezon l2p smh

Yeah, this is easy enough and will screw every PW player up.

I always thought this was kinda amazing for PW, cus she can just mash QCF-KK; in the air she gets the best air super and on the ground she gets a safeish install

I ~believe~ it was QCB-KK at some point, but there was a problem with that, and then it stopped being that, but I forgot what the problem was.. and might be misremembering in the first place

My first suggestion was gonna be 360, but I feared tar and feathers.

since this seems to be something that won't change uh... Can't you just do fly > thresher? it becomes a 2141236 motion but if it works it works.

TK Thresher is faster.

I'm just of the mindset that a botched input should produce a lesser move. I'd rather have ground Reaper than Install on a tardy Thresher. I'll get punished either way, I'd just rather not burn all that meter too.

I'm just of the mindset that a botched input should produce a lesser move. I'd rather have ground Reaper than Install on a tardy Thresher. I'll get punished either way, I'd just rather not burn all that meter too.
I agree, but here's a breakdown:
QCT+PP is Crawl
QCB+PP is Lv3
QCB+K is fly and you are often multi-tapping K buttons to fly and attack, having Hated on QCB+KK produced a great many undesired results in the test.
QCT+KK is what's left, unless I make Install DP+KK or something that adds differentiation at the expense of execution, and I tried to keep PW away from DP motions.
And hey, ground HVB is way worse than AHVB and the only difference there is getting your motion right. :^P

I'm willing to try QCB+KK again as a test, though.

I don't have my heart set on 214KK at all, and my clumsiness will probably prove it to be a bad idea.

It may be the most counter-intuitive input possible and break design guidelines, but... what about 360LP+LK?

P.S. - Yes, I know the probable outcome when this gets tested and all the other PW's find out about what I've done.

Last edited:
It may be the most counter-intuitive input possible and break design guidelines, but... what about 360LP+LK?
I had actually written in that list "Hatred Install is not a throw and even if it WERE a throw it'd be QCT or QCB before it'd be a 360" but I deleted it because I thought I didn't have to write something that obvious.

What you are actually saying with that suggestion is that you never want to use Install, which is a separate problem maybe...

2,2KK

Serious answer: Any time I see Painwheel get HI instead of Thresher is when she's mashing so hard and then touches the ground and pops it by accident which is sort of a cool bait.

What about reverse DP? Would that solve the FC issue?

Last edited:
I think I'm approaching this from the wrong direction. How about 236PP for Thresher? If you botch it and get DC, it's a similar move that costs the same meter-wise, and you're vulnerable if the opponent was blocking anyway.

If Thresher is punches, then kicks are opened up which are already tied to the fly mechanic anyway.

I've tried real hard to only let ground and air "versions of the same move" have identical inputs.
Hatred Install aside, I guess. :^P
So no to QCT+PP Thresher.

Ever since HI was changed to 236KK, it's meant flubbed TK Threshers and too-shallow Threshers become unintended Installs.

Can we switch the input to 214KK or specific K's (LK+MK, MK+HK, etc.) so that input/timing errors result in a normal instead of flushing two bars down the drain?

How's the hitbox Elky :^)

Reactions: gllt and ElkyDori
How's the hitbox Elky :^)
Still better than everything else I've played on. I think hardwiring my nervous system directly to the console will finally bring my execution success rate up to 80%.

I've tried real hard to only let ground and air "versions of the same move" have identical inputs.
Hatred Install aside, I guess. :^P
So no to QCT+PP Thresher.
Ah, well. I tried.

Plus Thresher is a "super Reaper" so it makes sense to be KK. Another thing I've tried to keep consistent.
WE CAN TRY QCB but I'll be sure and credit you.

The Qct+pp is a great suggestion thats falls on deaf ears. Qcb+pp is also a good suggestion, that wont happen. Ive always thought thresher should be punches anyways.

The hatred install coming out when you want thresher is very annoying though, even more annoying to lose 2 meters and die. Its a game losing missed input.

Down Down + 2K? Or Down Down Down + 2K?

Suggesting simple inputs that aren't DP if DP motion is off the table.

Reactions: d3v
The QCB+KK input for Hatred Install is live in BETA

Reactions: Dime
I know this is off topic, but it doesnt warrant its own thread.

Can we like, petition mike to make pinion a qcb+p move input? The hold input is bonkers.

My thinking is:

Qcb+lp = lvl1 pinion
Qcb+mp = lvl2 pinion
Qcb+hp = lvl3 pinion

I see nothing wrong with this. We already have a qcf and qcb motion intersecting on kicks with absolutely no problems so why cant we have it on punches?

My thinking is:

Qcb+lp = lvl1 pinion
Qcb+mp = lvl2 pinion
Qcb+hp = lvl3 pinion

I see nothing wrong with this. We already have a qcf and qcb motion intersecting on kicks with absolutely no problems so why cant we have it on punches?
It does seem a bit too difficult for what it does.

I was sorta thinking about "what if" it were changed to a charge motion and maybe then could be comparable to brass knuckles.

Or would that be too much?

And hey, ground HVB is way worse than AHVB and the only difference there is getting your motion right. :^P
Most things are way worse than AHVB.