• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Do you wanna chat?

Moonway

Reaction score
Parasoul
I know i do.
In-lobby chat would make things more lively i think and then once its implemented maybe spectator's chat, just maybe, no pressure here.
I am aware that that Mike follow "Different platforms - same experience" rule, but what if, what if...

I agree that there should be a lobby chat room.
I think SG needs this kind of social aspect. Since the best way to learn fighting games is by getting bodied, it would help to get a little mentoring after each match. Even if it was only used for banter or to say gg.
I don't see why different platforms would make a difference. I've seen other fighters integrate chat systems effectively.

Reactions: Kai
Can't you just use Steam chat?

Getting people tangled into your friends list just to send them a message is a pain compared to PSN's easy quick messaging system. Personally I wish Skullgirls had it's own little chat room for after game messaging or something.

I want an easy messaging mechanics in Steam long long time ago. Actually, if Steam really want to make their own console, they should implement something like this. With personal option to get messages from any, or only from friendlist. For common PC game is not necessary, almost all games have a chat, but on console game devs hardly release something like this, and it will become a problem.

I can see the appeal but at the same time I'm not sure the players are mature enough. Have you seen the player name and avatars, or the steam forums, or even these forums? It's going to be like a bunch of 8 year old brats running around without their parents around.

Reactions: Comb
I can see the appeal but at the same time I'm not sure the players are mature enough. Have you seen the player name and avatars, or the steam forums, or even these forums? It's going to be like a bunch of 8 year old brats running around without their parents around.
That could happen, but just because that might happen shouldn't mean you exclude it. You could also give advice to people, congratulate them on a good reset/game/match/name, and more. I think the positives could outweigh the negatives
If negativity's a problem , there could be options for blocking people, disabling chat, etc. Plus, assuming the offending party is not the lobby leader, they can always be kicked.

Reactions: Shooon
Personally I think this is more of a steam thing, they should make messaging randoms possible as there are physically no downsides that not including this actually avoids (considering most online multiplayer steam games include voice and text chat anyway)

Also, the Rage Quite Gallery of Shame has been suffering recently.

I come from a dota/league background and this community is far less hazardous. Either way, I'm all for letting the rage commence.

Never let a few bad apples spoil it for the bunch.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
Some form chat would be nice to have i guess. And i agree having to friend someone on steam first before being able to chat is kind of stupid. But thats what we have to live with for now atleast. Maybe something will be done by either Valve or L0. But if we had such a thing inside of the game i wouldn't be against it at all.

I think it would be best to see about getting it to work in-game then wishing for Valve to do it. I'm sure its a far more daunting task to make a system in which you can easily message anyone you happen to be playing a game with in Valve's UI than it would be to make a chat system in the game itself. Not to mention, it would be easier than having to alt+tab between the UI and the lobby to chat.

Heck yeah, I do. There have been a multitude of occasions where I've wanted to talk to my lobby opponent, to complement their playstyle, apologize for stealing their favorite palette, thank them for the matches, etc etc. (Actually, one of said events was when I played against the poster above me just yesterday), and streamlining that process would make me a happy camper.

What about an IRC channel? If something can't be implemented into the game, then using a separate chat client and designating one server and one channel Skullgirls players chat in, people can chat with each other whether they're in a game or not.

What about an IRC channel? If something can't be implemented into the game, then using a separate chat client and designating one server and one channel Skullgirls players chat in, people can chat with each other whether they're in a game or not.

irc.mizuumi.net
#skullgirls

most of the regulars of the community are in there at some point or another.

Don't tell them about the IRC, it's where we go to see mike blow up on people who complain about the game, we can't just let EVERYONE into our salt reserves.

Don't tell them about the IRC, it's where we go to see mike blow up on people who complain about the game, we can't just let EVERYONE into our salt reserves.

Plus IRC is where folks give Mike useful suggestions and organize orgies at Brand X's place.