• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Double Snap Hit Volume

ElkyDori

No Quarter
Reaction score
Steam
Elky Dori
PSN
ElkyDori
Painwheel Cerebella
Since the Poccolo Effect has gone in and is being regularly tweaked, I wanted to suggest boosting the sound effect volume on hits.

In person, the crowd will react to almost every hit, since a good double snap combo has a nice rhythm. So, putting the emphasis on hits rather than the music may be worth trying.

Now, since BnB loops would make this annoying, having the volume decay if it doesn't uncombo after so many hits might work to fix that.

*Obligatory @Mike_Z tag

Skullgirls hit sounds are already "Ow my ears."
I sorta liked the thrill of the music and I'm sad it was turned down.

-LoudPoccolaSong
-LoudPoccolaHits

Launch options :^)

If not louder, some other sort of embellishment? Echo, distortion, envelope, etc.?

Just think the hits themselves deserve highlighting.

Effects ain't gonna happen, whether I want to or not. The sound code is a morass written by he who shall remain nameless and I'm more than happy it even works. Many have ventured in there never to return.

Making every hitsound 1 attack-level higher (ugh) would be about all I could do, and I am pretty sure I don't want to do that.
I'd be okay making the music volume halfway between what it was and what it is, though.

Oh god, just imagine the staccato of Parasoul's "To the moon" double snap.

Reactions: ElkyDori
I'd be okay making the music volume halfway between what it was and what it is, though.
Did this happen already? Sorry if it did I just don't remember seeing it in the patch notes.

Did this happen already? Sorry if it did I just don't remember seeing it in the patch notes.
Whatever was gonna happen to it already happened to it long ago with the "back to the old version" visuals.