• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Doubles back dash

dekillsage

Reaction score
Filia Cerebella Big Band
It kinda sucks.
It's pretty slow.
Can we try making it faster? Just so I can at least attempt to pushblock -> back dash against people again? @Mike_Z
Pls tell me your thoughts people

Reactions: b0nk
It kinda sucks.
It's pretty slow.
Can we try making it faster? Just so I can at least attempt to pushblock -> back dash against people again? @Mike_Z
Pls tell me your thoughts people
A lot of thought went into which dashes she should get.
She has bomber assists, Flesh Step, cat heads, car, j.HP, etc.
Ergo, it is what it is specifically because of what what-it-is, is.
The only change she would get would be something worse, so if I were you I'd stop asking. (^.^)
Also, I want her to retain Squigly's animation because it's the only one she has. For example, I could see speeding it up a bit in exchange for losing all invincibility on Bomber assists, etc. This is not a discussion, though.

Reactions: Cas Chronon
Since we're at it, might as well ask...

@Mike_Z
Will Double get any animations from Big Band, Eliza, Beowulf and Robo-Fortune? Even if it's something as innocuous as appearing in Nightmare Legion.

Pardon the minor topic hijack. (__)

Might as well make a new double with all the new animations to pick from at that point.

Also I much MUCH rather squigly get her dashes improved before double's.

id prefer if you did zero instead

Nobody is asking what you'd rather.

And I'm ignoring all the "please do X", thank you, yes even you Pizzarino.

I wasn't aware that I needed to be asked on a forum in order to comment on something. I was simply stating what I would prefer over what the OP was suggesting.

I wasn't aware that I needed to be asked on a forum in order to comment on something. I was simply stating what I would prefer over what the OP was suggesting.
I'm never sure what to say in a thread after someone asks me a question directly when more people make suggestions. Sorry.

Might as well make a new double with all the new animations to pick from at that point.
Yeah, I remember the talk about a second Double, going as far as before the Waifu Wars. It would be a fun thing, especially if special moves and Blockbusters made her morph into DLC candidates that were left out.
But again, and conceding my ignorance in coding matters, the IGG folks besides Squigly could be added into Nightmare Legion just to say that she copies everyone at some point.

I'm never sure what to say in a thread after someone asks me a question directly when more people make suggestions. Sorry.
I should be the one apologizing. <(__)>
It was something I was curious about and not worth it's own topic so I seized the opportunity. In my defense, it wasn't a matter of "please do X" but a matter of "is X being taken under consideration?" Just a idle query.

Yeah, I remember the talk about a second Double, going as far as before the Waifu Wars. It would be a fun thing, especially if special moves and Blockbusters made her morph into DLC candidates that were left out.
But again, and conceding my ignorance in coding matters, the IGG folks besides Squigly could be added into Nightmare Legion just to say that she copies everyone at some point.
New art, there is pretty much zero chance of that happening.

Reactions: Balder
For the record, I would be completely ok with all hornet bombers losing all invincibility as an assist in return for an improved backdash.

For the record, that might happen anyway without a new backdash. :^P
Ironically I am 100% ok with this. Maybe it's because my mk bomber is on point instead of in the back lol

For the record, I'd still prefer just MK Bomber to lose its invinc, while LK gets to keep it but loses a hit so it's only 2hit

For the record, someone should convince some decent EU player to learn Double pls
Also Painwheel

Reactions: mcpeanuts
For the record, I'd still prefer just MK Bomber to lose its invinc, while LK gets to keep it but loses a hit so it's only 2hit

For the record, someone should convince some decent EU player to learn Double pls
Also Painwheel
Let me just move to Europe, become decent, and learn Double/Painwheel!

-Double has an 11 frame low

-j.hp takes forever to come out and is by far the easiest thing to block because all you have to do is block high once down back and then wait to see if double fast falls and push block or reversal. Double can't even dare to use if her opponent is anywhere near jump range of her.

-she's a huge target and her best option to land hits require you to spend 2 bars which leads to mix ups that barely ever work vs people who can absolute guard, pbgc and alpha counter.

-Car more times than not will either 1) hit an assist and not the point leaving her open for a counter hit combo and 2) just get avoided via dp. into a counter hit combo

-lk hb on point hits at a shitty angle that only really beats dash up low and throw and NOTHING else and if it works it leads to car on hit which then has double take forever to recover from letting her opponent get away for free or even just get in my face.

I do not believe doubles options are so good that a shit back dash is required to balance her out, but that's my opinion. Whether or not you want to make it better is up to you and I'm fine with that.

I am not fine with taking away all invincibility on her assists. Reducing it? Sure. I'd rather you not touch it, but eh. MK bomber tends to wiff on crouching people after the first hit ends which no one notices so they don't do anything about it, and is the easiest thing to punish if you just jump and block it or just move out the way which a lot of character with good mobility can do. It's not like LK bomber which is apparently okay to have all its invincibility, even though once its called you can't challenge it at all by yourself ever until it ends.

I am also not fine with taking away mks invincibility completely when it still loses to dp assists, LNL and Peacock for free. I am not fine with taking away invincibility from mk bomber when she stays on the screen for days to be punished if called anywhere but up close, which defeats its true purpose of being able to cover an angle your character can't.

Its a good assist, hell its an incredible assist. But to nerf it because its too good? on a character who honestly isn't really even that great anymore? an assist that doesn't get punished hard enough or cp'd? Don't touch it plz

I respect you as a player, maboidekillsage, but you are downplaying the strengths of a character you use. That's zero-percent believable, as it is whenever people do it in any game. Just ask everyone who says "But MvC2 Magneto doesn't have a DP!" or similar. For example, that 11-frame low reaches further than most other low attacks of any strength, leads into easy confirms from any distance, and ends with a disjoint hitbox.

Either way, this isn't a thread to debate the crappiness/not-crappiness of Double.

I don't really think Bomber assist needs to change drastically, or Updo or Pillar, but we are incredibly responsive to our vocal community. :^P
But as long as Bomber assist doesn't need to change, point Double doesn't need any buffs either.

I think double's tool are strong, but not as strong as people make it out to be sometimes is all. And yeah this thread isn't really about that, though those are some of the reasons why I wish double had a better get away from me tool. If I had to choose between making point double a little stronger in exchange for changing her assists, I'd rather just suck it up and leave her how she is. As sad as that makes me haha. Thanks for your time.

-Car more times than not will either 1) hit an assist and not the point leaving her open for a counter hit combo
This makes me so sad, every time. Can we please make it just take the character with them instead of chewing on them for a few seconds? This would help so much.

Re: Backdash
What about a reverse fleshstep?

Wow that necropost gg wp honored.

Re: Backdash
What about a reverse fleshstep?

What about it? That WAS her backdash at release, with the regular Flash Step as her forward dash, and while I do miss the old version sometimes the Parasoul forward dash is still pretty boss. Flash Step became a special around when Squigly was released.

no offence,
but Mike Z sounds like a douche.

I'm not really worried about your opinion of me, but I think this
A lot of thought went into which dashes she should get.
She has bomber assists, Flesh Step, cat heads, car, j.HP, etc.
Ergo, it is what it is specifically because of what what-it-is, is.
The only change she would get would be something worse, so if I were you I'd stop asking. (^.^)
sounds like a pretty reasonable response. It gives reasons (she has a lot of really good things) and my thought process on why her backdash is what it is (she doesn't need a better backdash, IMO she needs a worse backdash).
If people choose to continue by ignoring it after getting an answer, why should I continue to be nice? Respect and professionalism go both ways.

Last edited:
Mike I like how you drew big band
unfortunately he cannot have babies.

for the record pp 44 pp is a cool thing you can do with dashes that wouldn't be as effective if double's backdash moved faster during its startup frames

for the record pp 44 pp is a cool thing you can do with dashes that wouldn't be as effective if double's backdash moved faster during its startup frames

It would be exactly as effective. Parasoul's backdash is faster and she can do the same thing with good results

It would be exactly as effective. Parasoul's backdash is faster and she can do the same thing with good results
well nevermind then