• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Dragon Quest - A Timeless Classic

No longer exist

Reaction score
Double
c96b844777484359a558b792a71f3f8d5893.jpg

Did not see any discussions about Dragon Quest, so I thought I'd start one (If a thread already exists, you can delete this one). I recently started getting into Dragon Quest and it's becoming one of my favorite RPGs of all time. As you can see, I already have all the main line games on the Nintendo DS:​
B_8QuBFVIAEKtmI.jpg

B_8QtzqUQAINmUx.jpg

I also have Dragon Warrior for the NES as well XD

I'm very glad that this year, Square Enix is starting to release more Dragon Quest games in the states (Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest, I think, and Dragon Quest Heroes: The Dark Dragon and the World Tree Castle are supposed to come over to the states eventually). I'm just hoping they release Dragon Quest VII and Dragon Quest X on 3DS in the states...would love to add them to my collection XD.

So do any of you guys have any experiences with Dragon Quest?

Last edited:
8 was great. If you can get a copy of the PS2 game, DQ8 was fantastic. Realm of Revelations is kickass too. Why? Turn into a dragon, nuff said.

I still occasionally pick up Sentinels of the Starry Sky, that one has lasting value to it, and I can appreciate that for a handheld RPG like it.

8 was great. If you can get a copy of the PS2 game, DQ8 was fantastic. Realm of Revelations is kickass too. Why? Turn into a dragon, nuff said.

I still occasionally pick up Sentinels of the Starry Sky, that one has lasting value to it, and I can appreciate that for a handheld RPG like it.

I have Dragon Warrior, Dragon Quest IV, Dragon Quest V, Dragon Quest VI, Dragon Quest VIII, Dragon Quest IX and Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime. I've been a little Dragon Quest crazy lately XD

Right now I'm playing through Dragon Quest IV, It's so good even though I'm only on Chapter 2.

Like I said, if you can get your hands on 8 at some point, I highly recommend it. It's great. Has a compelling story, looks great for a PS2 game, and hey, you can become a pink super saiyan (not spoilers, just a move you get)

Like I said, if you can get your hands on 8 at some point, I highly recommend it. It's great. Has a compelling story, looks great for a PS2 game, and hey, you can become a pink super saiyan (not spoilers, just a move you get)

I have 8 I said XD (Sorry I use the roman numeral VIII)

I'm tired. reading is for ppl who are awake. ya know?

Reactions: No longer exist
so Dragon Quest VIII got announced for 3DS
Red and Morrie are new party members
I actually like this one so i hope we get it (we won't but you know, pipe dreams and the like)

I hope...we didn't get Dragon Quest VII for 3DS so...chances of this are slim.

DQ VIII is one of the best selling DQ games in the west
already has a lot of localization and voice done that they can reuse
Heck, they got Yangus's VA to reprise the role for Dragon Quest Heroes, so they can probably get in contact with them easily to record new lines.
I think the combination of nostalgia and popular handheld would actually make this a decent release
especially if they do address the issues people had with the game like the encounter rate and such

Reactions: No longer exist
Dragon Warrior or gtfo

USA! USA! USA!
Dragon_Quest_VIII_Journey_of_the_Cursed_King.jpeg

????????????????????????????????????????????????

????????????????????????????????????????????????
Just look at the cover to Dragon Warrior 2
2361685-nes_dragonwarrior2.jpg

Look at that fucking main character. That's a warrior. Look at his fucking companions. Fucking warriors.
Now look at the cover for Dragon Quest 2
dq2.jpg

the fuck outta here
I know it was the same game, but up to IV, you were the one filling in the blanks the graphics couldn't, and I always imagined it as on the american box art: badass. Come my reintroduction to the series in DQVII, and everybody looks lame like fucking Goku. I was not happy :*(

man are you saying that Goku isn't cool
Goku's super cool and he's everyone's friend
he could probably do push-ups forever

I honestly was never a fan of the Americanized artwork. I really appreciate Toriyamas artwork. I love Dragon Warrior/Quest mind you, but I prefer the original quest artstyle.