• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Personal Drawing skullgirls is a metaphor

I think Bella's not done cooking just yet. She has a bit of growing up to do, but when she does? The world will tremble.

See, the Medicis are in some trouble. They're going to need rebuilding. And if Cerebella can survive the current calamity, and she discovers the Medici's misdeeds, she's still not going to want to abandon them. These are her lifelong friends and family and she'll want to help. So, the best solution is to reform them from the inside, and prove that the New Medicis can stand up for something good in the world. It'll be intense, almost like coal under pressure, but it'll be her time to shine.

I think Bella's not done cooking just yet. She has a bit of growing up to do, but when she does? The world will tremble.

See, the Medicis are in some trouble. They're going to need rebuilding. And if Cerebella can survive the current calamity, and she discovers the Medici's misdeeds, she's still not going to want to abandon them. These are her lifelong friends and family and she'll want to help. So, the best solution is to reform them from the inside, and prove that the New Medicis can stand up for something good in the world. It'll be intense, almost like coal under pressure, but it'll be her time to shine.

This is an art thread, not a headcanon thread.
Explain the need to post that here.

This is an art thread, not a headcanon thread.
Explain the need to post that here.

Sorry, got carried away. Seemed to be a natural extension of the discussion's side-tangent. I got derailed, and rode the derailment train too far.

Sorry, got carried away. Seemed to be a natural extension of the discussion's side-tangent. I got derailed, and rode the derailment train too far.
the derailment train is always calling man. We all wander onto it accidently at some point. Kinda odd that we do, considering how much it stands out once you've boarded...

And now I'm trying to make metaphorical jokes on an art thread...*sigh*

Reactions: The Dave
The art looks great, it looks a little like an old-fashioned postcard, minus Vice-Versa

Reactions: chickenwithtie
I can't for the life of me believe that I'm seriously the first to say...

...the boobs are way too small.

But, yeah. Bella is awesome. She's like the Harley Quinn of Skullgirls. You just can't find yourself hating her no matter how much you should.

Last edited:
Probably no one minded.

Under the guise of artistic freedom, fanart tends to increase the size of the character's boobs.

Going the other way is a refreshing change.

Last edited:
Oh I got some free time after the exams, I finished this one too
tumblr_njnz6fqWE01rha9roo1_1280.png

I can't for the life of me believe that I'm seriously the first to say...

...the boobs are way too small.

As much as I love them, often big boobs ruin my aesthetics. My artistically licensed tit cutter made many victims. I am so sorry

Great stuff as always, and speaking of always, I always mean to ask, Chicken, what's your art set up like? Tablet? Photoshop/SAI/Toonboom/Mischief?
Thanks! <3
A bunch of tools and lots of patience do the trick. But if you really wanna know my instruments, like names and stuff, there ya go:
For my digital drawings I use a HuionH610 tablet and Paintool SAI.
For my traditional stuff I use Prismacolour markers, Faber Castel watercolours(they're kinda cheap and I'm waiting for a set of Winsor and Newton to arrive and substitute), Kingston brushes, Pelikan bottled inks and these tips:
tumblr_njnzu3KeJS1r8n1s8o1_100.png

Your style seems to jump all over the place. Not badly, mind you, but there are pieces like this, which have this cartoony, kinda surreal proportions, and this can also be seen on a lot of the works in the beginning of this thread. More recently, however, I see a lot of works of yours that don't have this aesthetic. It's still, oddly, in your style it feels, but it seems you're capable of multiple variations on your own style, as well as going outside that style. Quite impressive I must say.

As much as I love them, often big boobs ruin my aesthetics. My artistically licensed tit cutter made many victims. I am so sorry
I sympathize. It wasn't so much a "her tits are too small, now she's hideous" but more a "it's not exactly accurate of her form" and such. I'm no artist, but I can understand how drawing huge boobs would detract from the experience. Like Muro said, it is pretty refreshing to see something different.

Awesome, thanks for the art-answers Chicken! :D (Now I can steal yo powah by way of cloning! MWahaha...hmm...I think I'm starting to pull "BrainDrain" again...better call the doc!)

Joking aside, I do enjoy seeing digital and traditional pieces, so that's a total treat that you dabble in both! One thing that gets to me these days are how Western movie posters are all slick. Now, I love 'em and for most they fit, but I just miss some of those classic painted posters from the 70s and 80s, also the painted game and book covers (i.e. Earthworm Jim 2).

My spelling is atrocious! *throws streamers and sobs*
If it's any consolation, I honestly guessed as to whether you meant that or not. I was literally listening to a band called Bathory when I read your post and probably wouldn't have guessed it otherwise.

I assumed it was "Bathory" and didn't notice the misspell until it was pointed out. I... may have seen a few too many specials on Vlad the Impaler on the History Channel when I was a kid. Though, now I like to think a "Bathatory" is a place where scientists and engineers design new types of bloodbaths.

If you do this again I swear to God
I have no idea what are you all talkin about
Leave my childShock alone

Reactions: Denizen
Hah, awesome pic, though I did a double take and for some reason I thought the champaign said "orphanage", I need my eyes checked heh.

Though I can see Eliza going all Bathatory on an orphanage........poor little buggers.

Lmao 'Orphanage Champagne' should be a canon drink in Skullgirlsverse along with Fighting Peacock Whiskey.

Chicken I can't remember if I've posted in here before but you're style is really cool and unique and yeah. Also some of the non-SG character designs on your tumblr are really creative, thumbs up. If Lab Zero ever updated their guest art gallery, I'd hope they'd ask you to contribute since youre so active on the forums.

Considering how often you post artwork, how long does drawing each one usually take?

Do you just draw a lot and backlog them ir do you draw them as and when?

Hello can I join the new OTP hype
tumblr_njvmz0R6gg1rha9roo1_1280.png

Considering how often you post artwork, how long does drawing each one usually take?

Do you just draw a lot and backlog them ir do you draw them as and when?

It always depends on the technique, the mood and how familiar I'm with the subject.
Simple stuff take 1-2 hours, Things like the traditional art cards can take 5-6 hours.
I avoid backloging like the plague because I get bored of my drawings really fast; I always abandon stuff that takes me more than two consecutive days. I make my traditional stuff mostly when I have free time at school, which is often sadly, and make digital art after studying when I'm home. I like to complete my works, and I dedicate most of my time drawing. I have hobbies but I often cut hem completely to draw, so I produce quite a lot and it's not half-assed, I'm pretty proud of it. I keep most of my characters junk to myself and post fanart because it looks much better; drawing fanart makes me happy and entertained. Also I'm a big Skullgirls fan, so. (Thanks for asking c:)

Last edited:
My desire for BeowulfXVictoria is now solidified by this drawing. By the way Chicken, I wanted to say that I love the fact that your artwork and habits are so connected to Skullgirls and it's community, but you still remember to build upon your original ideas. You're such a hard worker.

Bella has an Annie color.

Hate is impossible.

Bella has an Annie color.

Hate is impossible.
Sure you didn't post that in the wrong thread?

I don't know what I like more, Annie with Beowulf's gear...

...or the hilarity of a possibly-inevitable appearance of Beowulf with Annie's gear