• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Dummy recording misbehaving.

Mwisk

Wholehearted supporter! (Aka Mhardle)
Reaction score
Valentine Big Band Fukua
I dunno if it's a bug or something wrong with my setup. But I've just went to record some combo with BB and the recording kept restarting the inputs after the ground tech, resulting in an loop.

Instead of c.lk, c.mk, s.hp, j.mp, j.hp, j.hk, tech forward, c.mp x2 (etc...)
It was doing c.lk, c.mk, s.hp, j.mp, j.hp, j.hk, tech forward, c.lk, c.mk, s.hp whenever I pressed play.

Weird, I can't recall an instance where something similar had happened.

OH ahahahahaha, if you have it set to "As Reversal", after a ground tech is a reversal point so it starts over.
If you just set it to "Once" that won't happen.
I'm not sure "fixing" this by making it not play reversal recordings if it is in the middle of playback is better, though, because then it just wouldn't reversal and would continue even after being hit in other cases...

Oh, I see. No worries then, I'll change the reversal playback when I record things. Thanks Mike!

@Mike_Z

As long as you're here:

With painwheel in training mode against another painwheel that you can fly over on the ground cause she's so short, if I record the dummy flying over my painwheel so I can do an assist crossup, the dummy painwheel recording flys over me, then autocorrects and flys the other way. This is with dummy correction both on and off. Is there any way to fix this or no?

Also, is there any way to practice true fuzzy guards against the dummy settings?