• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2015 Thread

oh boy..... just dance.... be still my beating heart...
residentsleeper.png

the ubi one is still going.

the only good game seems to be the South park one.

Gonna have to play on pad, though. No sticks. :[
WE HAVE TO GIT GUD?! D:

I don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread, but we have a 2nd Encore setup at Sony's booth this year at E3! If you're there, swing by and play and say hi to me while my feet slowly die!

Gonna have to play on pad, though. No sticks. :[
Huwaaaaaaaa?!?!

OK but does South Park still play like Paper Mario

I need it to still play like Paper Mario
I'm sure it will still be fun to play.
what if it was a sweet beat-em-up?

Mirror's Edge was a pretty big disappointment. At least Battlefront looks promising.

What was disappointing about Mirror's Edge? I thought it looked great. They removed the awkward gunplay, focusing on acrobatic martial arts (which fits Faith much better) for combat, made it look a lot more interesting aesthetically and made it open world, something the first game was begging for IMO.

Also, SanoBaron, Hardline was made by Visceral games, not DICE.

Hehehe. I like how they think Assassin's creed is still relevant......

Oh, Ubisoft.

Mirror's Edge was a pretty big disappointment. At least Battlefront looks promising.
To question the 2nd statement, what looked promising about Battlefront?

They didn't jump into any vehicle (other than what appeared to be 5 seconds of ATAT), didn't man any turrets, didn't really do anything in general other than showing off godawful unnecessary text on character kills, and the one real gameplay element we saw was the return of playable Jedis, which is.. ugh.. as well as an Orbital Strike which looked to be too fast to react to?

"a massive open world"
that you can fall through the floor anywhere

well, all but 1 of this was a huge disappointment.

South Park
For Honor (new IP)
The Crew Wild Run (expansion pack)
Trials Fusion Awesome Level MAX (expansion pack)
The Division
Anno 2205 (new IP)
Just Dance 2016
Just Dance Unlimited (streaming service, subscription-based)
Rainbow Six|Siege
Trackmania Turbo (new IP?)
Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

They didn't jump into any vehicle
There was snowspeeder/tie footage, too. A big plus in that regard was that the flight also seemed to be more Rogue-Squadron-y than the more likely but inferior Bafflefied, Halo and X-wing ways of dealing with it. Ground infantry combat was obviously sparse and unpolished, so that gets a pass for now. Cameo PCs, overly-forced-bad-fanbait voice clip references ("one more pass" anyone?), artillery strikes and a few other general direction things are potential weaknesses. But of course there's not much footage out there and lots can change for better or worse.

Oof, 2 bad presentations in a row. 1 or 2 good games does not make a good presentation, guys!

Assassin's Creed is always going to make money, and Ghost Recon Wildlands looks pretty cool as far as I can tell, but literally nothing else realy pops out and says "BUY ME!"

Bed Buddies with EA/10

seriously guys, just add in Big Gay Al, give him 3 different musical numbers, one of them being I'm Super, and you'll be rolling in money.

Back