• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2015 Thread

Maybe it has something to do with all the new paper marios being shit?

Maybe we could finally get a Takamaru game and-

Oh shit this is not the time to comment here

Sticker Star is shit, everything else is fine and dandy.

Top 5 things at E3 that would get me hype:

• Skullgirls 2 (or a new L0 game)
  • Devils 3rd updates
  • New Platinum Games on a system I have (preferrably a Wii U exclusive W101 sequel or Bayonetta 3, but anything they make will get my attention)
  • New Custom Robo
  • TvC2 or Nintendo vs Capcom

honorable mentions:
  • more Yakuza games (unlikely due to restructuring)
  • Shenmue 3 (unlikely, period)
  • more Tales of Games (unlikely aside from Zestiria)
  • Street Fighter V
  • SMT x FE updates

Reactions: Jutsei
Speak your soul Ruin
Well, ultimately, I'm torn between my own wishes for a Paper Mario game closer to the vein of Paper Mario 64, and my own personal spite for Paper Mario fans, because I'm totally down for us getting another Paper Mario that everyone is disappointed by if it means that PM fans will shit their diapers some more. Frankly, I don't even think most Paper Mario fans even want a new Paper Mario game, per se, they just want TTYD again. I've already gone over why I don't like TTYD as much as the first game before, so I'm not going to bore anyone here with that, but I really don't want a game in that game's footsteps for multiple reasons. I want the series to return to that feeling of actually feeling like a Mario game, but also do something with that. The only PM game that really made the effort to feel like a Mario game was the first one, which really lent itself well to a good atmosphere of adventure and good cheer. If there's one thing I can commend Sticker Star, it's the music, but if there was a second thing to commend the game on, it would be that you can actually approach things in a nonlinear fashion. I'd like to see something like that in the future. You know, an obvious intended order, but the tools present to approach things in different ways. This would even work well if they return partners into the mix, since you could do things even more nonlinearly by getting X before accomplishing Y so that you can get item Z early or out of the intended order.
Largely I just don't want the game to be TTYD again. I want it to have a unique identity.
But most of all
I really don't want it to be anything like Super Paper Mario

Reactions: Grunt and BeatNinja
Oh Jesus christ I completely fucking forgot about Devil's Third. Let's hope it's good.

A new Capcom Vs game would be hype, so would Yakuza, but I'm just glad we're getting Y5.
Maybe we can get them Samurai games?

Reactions: Covenant
Fuck you guys, Yakuza 5 release date will be revealed at E3.

I'm quite pleased at how this thread is turning out, and we're little over a month until E3 actually begins.
Shit's gonna be a ride when the day comes.

I also want that Yakuza 5 release date though

The 0% chance of Marvel vs Capcom 4 would be wonderful

Oh Jesus christ I completely fucking forgot about Devil's Third. Let's hope it's good.

A new Capcom Vs game would be hype, so would Yakuza, but I'm just glad we're getting Y5.
Maybe we can get them Samurai games?
I really wish the Yakuza series was more popular. It's soo good. I need to pick up Dead Souls as well....
I'll admit that I first got into it because the combat reminded me of Shenmue, but aside from that it stands up on it's own legs and is a worthy game series all on it's own.

And, yeah, I hope Devil's Third is great as well. It looked really fun but definitely needed a lot of polish. Itagaki said that a ton of work was put in and that a lot of progress was made, so here's hoping. And honestly, while both the animations and graphics needed work, I think the game needed to focus on the clunky animations most. The visual style didn't look bad and I felt some higher resolution textures would be enough to get the complaints about them to stop.

Well....
[raises water bottle]
Here's to a (hopefully) good E3
[drinks]
[chokes]
[plays it off]

They should just buckle down and do a Capcom All-Star Fighter if they can't afford licensing anything.

Can Capcom even afford a Vs Fighter anymore?
I don't think they can.

Other companies should try doing it now since Capcom's down.
Depends on who's footing the bill. The reason we're getting street fighter 5 so soon is because Sony is paying for it.

They should just buckle down and do a Capcom All-Star Fighter if they can't afford licensing anything.
I'd be down for that as well......though the last time they did it was a train wreck.

Capcom announces that they're selling the Mega Man Franchise to Nintendo and the Clover IPs feat. Dante from the Devil May Cry Series to Platinum
Nintendo announces that they've acquired Platinum
Mega Man Legends 3 re-announced
DMC5 announced
Okami 2 announced
Viewtiful Joe 3 announced
GOD HAND 2 announced
Hideki Kamiya is crying tears of joy in the corner

Only thing I'm hyped for so far are SFV, possibly Mirror's Edge 2 (I believe in DICE, not EA), and Sony because they've been pretty interesting these past E3s and their PS Experience.
And Scalebound even though I still don't have an XB1.

im calling it, Bayonetta 3

We're most assuredly getting Uncharted 4 at the least, but who knows.
Maybe returning IP, maybe a new one? Maybe more news about that cool Drawing Third person Shooter?
Bring back Medievil 3?

So many games to ask for, so little time. I dunno what I even want. Am I the only who just has no expectations anymore, doesn't really care, but at the same time can;t wait to just explode at everything revealed while they were just "not caring?"

Maybe Project X Zone 2 will get a release date!
N-
Am I the only one who cares about that? Yeah? O-Okay nevermind then.

Holy fucking shit I just realized
Nintendo's Digital Event is gonna be at 9 AM PDT on June 16th.
The exact same time Squeenix's E3 conference is scheduled.
Holy shit Nintendo way to take the wind out of their sails.

E3 2014 cemented Nintendo as the big company with the best sense of humor

They must have a sense of humor to be scheduling their big conference at the same time as Squeenix's
Seriously holy shit.
To be fair, the treehouse last almost all day so there's a ton of overlap if you look at it that way. That said, I don;t beleive this is there first time two companies had their main events overlap.

slightly off topic now because of nintendo's announcement (which while amusing doesn't really tell us anything), but the only game I'm really excited for info on is Doom, doom 3 was a great game IMO and hopefully they scrapped the shit they were working on before they got picked up by bethesda and went back to that

Hoping we'll get Doom 4 too, I bet it'll be awesome.

Also hoping for surprise out of nowhere announcements too, those are always hype-inducing.

Personally, I'm kinda hoping they'll show a Playstation All-Stars 2, that IP COULD be good, COULD.
But I wouldn't hold my breath on it.
Kinda hoping for an Until Dawn release date too.

Capcom announces that they're selling the Darkstalkers IP and the asking price soon plummets to within Autumn's or L0's reach because everyone with money is unsure it will reap worthwhile returns. This event will come to shake the very fabric of time.

Warner Bros. and Disney announce that they’ll be joining forces to make a Marvel vs D.C. fighting game and whoever they get to do it somehow manages to make it good. Capcom threatens legal action because the movesets for the Marvel characters closely resemble their own, but backs off when they are offered a deal that allows them to sell all their Marvel related games again except MvC3 and UMvC3.

L0 or Autumn receives a portion of all new sales for MvC1 and MvC2 because they now own the rights to Morrigan, Bulletta, Anakaris, Anita, Zabel and so on. This helps them fund SG2 in three to five years from todays time. Marvel 3 finally dies.

MK and Capcom characters start to appear as DLC for Marvel vs. D.C. after its release. A select number of SG and Darkstalkers characters are also added in time. Mike and CO. are now rich.

Arksys somehow gets involved and the Marvel vs DC game is rebranded as Guilty Gear XX x SG against Marvel vs. DC. kombating MK feat. Darkstalkers. The game soon becomes such a success that tournaments replace most other forms of war as a means of resolving geopolitical conflicts.

I git gud and become supreme ruler of all North America before brokering world peace on the condition that Marvel 3 stays dead. SG staff and a selective group of whoever the hell else I want are granted the honor of becoming Dukes and Duchesses of the state or province that they so choose.

I spend more time with the now contraband Ultimate Marvel 3 and realize that I kind of like playing it now. This results in global thermo-nuclear war and I send my most trusted adviser back through time to ensure that MvC3 is never made and to remind me to replace the Washington monument with a quite large statue of Akuma.

P.S. A new F-Zero or Phantom Dust game would be good to.

Last edited:
Capcom announces that their selling the Darkstalkers IP and the asking price soon plummets to within Autumns or L0s reach because everyone with money is unsure it will reap worthwhile returns. This event will come to shake the very fabric of time.

Warner Bros. and Disney announce that they’ll be joining forces to make a Marvel vs DC fighting game and whoever they get to do it somehow manages to make it good. Capcom threatens legal action because the movesets for the Marvel characters closely resemble their own, but backs off when they are offered a deal that allows them to sell all their Marvel related games again except MvC3 and UMvC3.

L0 or Autumn receives a portion of all new sales for MvC1 and MvC2 because they now own the rights to Morrigan, Bulletta, Anakaris, Anita, Zabel and so on. This helps them fund SG2 in three to five years from todays time. Marvel 3 finally dies.

MK and Capcom characters start to appear as DLC for Marvel vs. DC. after its release. A select number of SG and Darkstalkers characters are also added in time. Mike and CO. are now rich.

Arksys somehow gets involved and the Marvel vs DC game is rebranded as Guilty Gear XX x SG against Marvel vs. DC. kombating MK feat. Darkstalkers. The game soon becomes such a success that tournaments replace most other forms of war as a means of resolving geopolitical conflicts.

I git gud and become supreme ruler of all North America before brokering world peace on the condition that Marvel 3 stays dead. SG staff and a selective group of whoever the hell else I want are granted the honor of becoming Dukes and Duchesses of the state or province that they so choose.

I spend more time with the now contraband Ultimate Marvel 3 and realize that I kind of like playing it now. This results in global thermo-nuclear war and I send my most trusted adviser back through time to ensure that game is never made and to remind me to replace the Washington monument with a quite large statue of Akuma.

Eh. It's possible, but I'd only give it a 30-40% chance.

Fingers crossed for Starfox Wii U or Punch out Wii U

Games that I'm hoping I'd get to try out.

Fallout 4
The Division
Uncharted 4
INfamous 4 (hopefully)
Some Mario games

I hope there's more......