• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2015 Thread

Nomura also confirmed story changes
aka Sephiroth is gonna be the fucking main final ultimate villain the entire time while Hojo and Jenova cry in the corner

I don't think anyone really doubted that the crossdressing part would still be in the game.
Are you paying attention to this thread, or the rest of the internet?
Well actually, I'm sure you have more than I have, but I'm still confused about how you could overlook everyone's concern over this detail.

Last edited:
like, I went on twitter after the announcement and it was just blowing up about the crossdressing part.
like, there's so much fan art that blew up.
it was bananas.

Nomura also confirmed story changes
aka Sephiroth is gonna be the fucking main final ultimate villain the entire time while Hojo and Jenova cry in the corner
Sorry, but this is not true at all. Unless you're talking about something I didn't find, but here's what I saw:

When asked if the remake, in development for PlayStation 4, will follow the Final Fantasy VII narrative exactly or feature new elements, director Tetsuya Nomura gave GameSpot an ambiguous answer.

“We’ve announced an HD port version on the PlayStation 4, and then we have the remake coming to PS4,” Nomura said through a translator. “You’ll have this extremely, very, very pretty FFVII existing on the same plane. We feel that if that happens, it’s like, why have the same exact game?

That could mean anything from "the story is completely different", to "there's an extra mini-game added". Hardly a confirm on anything other than they're making an effort to give more reason to buy the remake beyond "it looks prettier". You're free to be as cynical as you want, but don't say things are confirmed when they are not, pls & thx.

Full source

Edit: Thinking about it some more, I'd say it's more likely that they're either adding in or tweaking things so that the game fits better with Crisis Core/other spinoff stuff dealing with the story. Not something that's going to be utterly game changing.

Last edited:
Where's my FF2 remake huh

*clutches Firion bodypillow*

Reactions: Senjin
I'd imagine they're making changes for the better. They know riots will happen if this remake is bad.

Yeah even if they do change the story a bit, it's most likely for the better, I mean it's not like the original game was perfect.
*The manic chanting of die hard FFVII fans echo through the town, as Zen is strung up by his ankles and set ablaze by torches*

I love how they felt the need to confirm that that would be in the game.
They know our priorities, I suppose.

I feel like, at the minimum, they'd change the story events a bit so that Yuffie and Vincent are plot required characters, rather than optional ones.
There's obviously gonna be some characterization changes as a result of some things being completely text-based in the localization (like Barret's swearing, he's actually pretty mild in the japanese version iirc)
But what I am worried about is them integrating stuff from the Complication and making stuff garbage like Genesis and his general existence to stuff like Aerith having only loved Zack the entire time and never Cloud (which fucked her character super bad for me. I hate that change so much) or to anything foreshadowing Dirge of Cerberus because that game and what it did completely.
I'm not even that worried about the shenanigans all that much, FF7 is such a deeply wacky game that you'd need to rewrite or remove entire sequences to remove the shenanigans. They're basically safe.

basically, I'm actually concerned about them putting in shitty poopoo from the spinoffs and not fixing the shitty poopoo that was already in the game
shenanigans are safe but nothing else is

the fact that no one will remake FF9 makes me almost as sad as Vivi....

Reactions: Senjin
the fact that no one will remake FF9 makes me almost as sad as Vivi....
I've made peace with the fact that this will never happen, even if FF9 is one of my favorite games.

I honestly still think that game looks and plays great though. I feel like it's aged really well overall. But I never really bring it up in real discussion cuz I know I'm hugely biased towards it =\

Reactions: The Dave
FF9 just needs to fix the gameplay pace (aka painfully slow), Trance, and Zidane's characterization in the latter half of the game
and it's golden

Nintendo can just nonverbally whisper New Metroid and everybody's pants will explode off of them
So was I... right?

Oh my god I just saw a video of the Fire Emblem X Atlus or whatever game and wow.

Ten minutes. I counted, less than ten minutes into the treehouse gameplay and there's a female design so poor it killed the game for me instantly. It's so uncomfortable watching with the camera's pervy point of view. (The first close shot of her blatantly makes it obvious what they want to show off)

Reactions: PaperBag_Sniper
Oh my god I just saw a video of the Fire Emblem X Atlus or whatever game and wow.

Ten minutes. I counted, less than ten minutes into the treehouse gameplay and there's a female design so poor it killed the game for me instantly. It's so uncomfortable watching with the camera's pervy point of view. (The first close shot of her blatantly makes it obvious what they want to show off)
Yeah.. Look, I'm not one to cry feminism, or anything, but the trailer made me genuinely uncomfortable. Every female character was being treated as a prop with huge breasts and fanservice-y designs, and, most of the time, outfits.
This is just another reason I feel like this game is going to be bad. I feel like it's treating the audience as idiots, almost, who needs the trailer to cut to fanservice every 5 seconds to keep us invested.

Every female character was being treated as a prop with huge breasts and fanservice-y designs, and, most of the time, outfits.
uuuuuuuh.....
whats her name.png

FExSMT_02_zpspprzif1c.jpg
like, I'm not trying to tell you that you guys gotta like them but, I'm really getting this feeling of projection right now.
like, aside from the jiggle physics, I don't find anything really wrong with the designs.
Tiki and Eleonora don't even have jiggle from what was shown.

This is the shot I was talking about.
upload_2015-6-17_20-28-20.png

That was so ridiculously uncomfortable, as it was the first shot we really see of the character. This is just a still image, the shot is a scroll up from crotch to breasts. I tried going further, but then I saw a plot important female character wearing a robe that shows off her body, wear the only thing covering her breasts are an x formation of two things of fabric.

I'm sorry. But this being in the first nine minutes shown killed it for me. It killed this game faster than any other game at E3 for me.

actually, these are the first 2 shots we really get to see of the character.
smt fe girl 1.png
smt fe girl 2.png

at least in the E3 trailer.
I haven't seen the Treehouse part from the beginning yet.
which if you ask me are not bad shots.

those are pretty awful shots

Remember, it could be astronomically worse.

I was going after the gameplay started in the nintendo treehouse. Unless I just missed it-

Wait wait wait hold on a second. She has a third design? When I went farther into the stream she turned into this demon seductress thing and, I, I fucking-

Three. Three godawful designs on one character. Oh my god. And it looks like the trend follows.

Remember, it could be astronomically worse.
STOP. MAKING. EXCUSES.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SUCH BLATANT SEXUAL IMAGERY IN A GAME THAT WAS PRESENTED IN A DIRECT THAT ONLY WENT UP TO AN "E" RATING.

Somebody continue this for me I beg of you, I can already feel my heart getting woozy

there is really no purpose to it at all, like it adds nothing to gameplay and what not

Reactions: Dr.Sanity
I was going after the gameplay started in the nintendo treehouse. Unless I just missed it-

Wait wait wait hold on a second. She has a third design? When I went farther into the stream she turned into this demon seductress thing and, I, I fucking-

Three. Three godawful designs on one character. Oh my god. And it looks like the trend follows.

STOP. MAKING. EXCUSES.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SUCH BLATANT SEXUAL IMAGERY IN A GAME THAT WAS PRESENTED IN A DIRECT THAT ONLY WENT UP TO AN "E" RATING.

Somebody continue this for me I beg of you, I can already feel my heart getting woozy
Bruh I'm not making excuses. Yes its bad, I'm just saying that it could be alot fucking worse.

Bruh I'm not making excuses. Yes its bad, I'm just saying that it could be alot fucking worse.

"Your honor, he may have burned down an orphanage, but he's not Hitler."

Man is let go. World peace achieved. Milk is always in the fridge. 10/10 world.

no. not it wasn't.

Attachments

• this is the rating.png
    this is the rating.png
    548.1 KB · Views: 312
I hate the "it could be worse" excuse because it effectively translates to "It's tolerable" in how it's used. Just seeing the phrase reminds me of so many examples of it being used to make people have to accept something very bad or abusive.

Reactions: Ktulu
Hey come on now. Jimbob made a bad argument, but he's not Hitler.

"Your honor, he may have burned down an orphanage, but he's not Hitler."

Man is let go. World peace achieved. Milk is always in the fridge. 10/10 world.
Posts like this reminds me I'm not funny.
*Sigh*

Reactions: Ktulu
Last time I checked "it could be worse" meant "it could be worse" but oh well.

Reactions: Covenant
Hey come on now. Jimbob made a bad argument, but he's not Hitler.
All is redeemed.