• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2016 Thread

Atlus has already confirmed that they and Sega will be at E3 in a single booth, bringing along games such as Shin Megami Tensei IV Apocalypse, Yakuza 0, Hatsune Miku Project DIVA X, The King of Fighters XIV, 7th Dragon III Code: VFD, and Persona 5. Persona 5, in particular, is getting a lot of press: there's something currently unknown being teased for the 14th by Atlus Japan (likely a new trailer), Atlus's badges this year are completely P5-themed, P5 swag bags and Morgana hats will be given out at the Atlus booth, and there's speculation that a demo of the game will be available for the press to play.

In other news, Square Enix has already released an E3 trailer for I Am Setsuna, Sony has revealed a preliminary list of playable games at its booth (all are for PS4, and about a third involve PlayStation VR as well) and the rumor mill is spreading more rumors regarding games to be announced at E3, including a potential remaster of Skyrim.

Still will never understand why people don't think he could be redone for the current game...
Simple. The dev team hates him.

Reactions: Jutsei
Yoooooo Yakuza 0 will be shown there!? I'm glad to hear that. I hope we'll also get some word on Yakuza Kiwami getting translated, but if they skip right to Yakuza 5, that's aight.

I am excite for Persona 5, though. Maybe we'll get a rough US Release window?

I'm ready for some Battlefield 1 gameplay. Maybe we will also get more info on South Park Fractured but whole.

Until we get a proper Iwata replacement (And let's face it, that's not gonna happen anytime soon), I don't think we'll be getting many big Nintendo announcements

I hate to be that guy, while I fully understand my opinions aren't universal truths, I still feel Nintendo was going down the drain long before Iwata got sick and passed away. It seems after the success of the original Wii and DS systems Nintendo has done nothing but attempt to recreate more fast-selling gimmicks. Nintendo of America's target audience seems to be soccer mom's rather than the millions of die hard, now older Nintendo fans who have been with them for years.
Which itself sorta of makes sense from a business point of view. Nintendo has abandoned the older audiences to PS4 and Microsoft and now cater only to children 14 or younger.

They're displaying Zelda at all on the wii u only because they made a "promise" to their fans to release a Zelda game in every new console, and now they're trying to save a bit of face

Have a bingo card

CjyuuvtWgAAi0Pa.jpg:large

Injustice 2 was something I was hoping for and I'm glad to hear leaks about already. I hope they show gameplay next week.

Reactions: erkicman
Have a bingo card

CjyuuvtWgAAi0Pa.jpg:large

They messed up, I think. They have 2 free spaces.

Because no matter what, people will not be impressed with the new Zelda.

I'm ready for some Battlefield 1 gameplay. Maybe we will also get more info on South Park Fractured but whole.
can't wait to see Battlefield 1 in action

And Yakuza 0?! I played the demo for that one and it was fun as hell

Oh, that's pretty cool. Didn't think they'd give us a crack at the demo too. Guess I'll be sure to give it a spin.

The Injustice 2 trailer looked kinda cool, but that "Gear System" thing they were talking about sounds like a fucking nightmare born of microtransactions and broken mechanics. Would be cool if Injustice was a single player game, but...

I don't even know what's going on with Kingdom Hearts anymore. What has happened to this series? When did this absurdity start? Is this all Chain of Memories' fault? Or was it that teaser at the end of KH2 you get for 100% completion? Everytime they announce another Kingdom Hearts game that isn't III, I feel more and more like I don't even want to bother with the "third" entry =/

As of late, games have been making me feel like a crotchety old man.

Hard to judge the gear system without getting more detailed information about it. So far it sounds like a small extension or restructuring of how they had different "Variations" for MKX characters. At the moment though, I'm not really worried about microstransactions or broken mechanics at all. Considering every piece of gear will probably have an in-game 3D model based on how they described it, it would be too much work to make too much gear for each character. NRS also probably already knows that it'll be easier to balance with less variations as well. There'll probably be an option to spend money to get a whole "suit" of gear but it probably won't be necessary and be only for people who don't really play the game all that much and possibly DLC Gear.

I think the new gear system is more of a concern in terms of running tournaments since TOs will have to make sure every machine has every piece of gear and then every time players pick their character, they'll have to take the time to set them up. It might not be as painful as I'm thinking though. I need to see how they implemented everything

Not much to say about the KH portion. I'm not sure what the deal is with KH 3D. I think it's something similar to chain of memories but I never looked into it since it was on 3DS and I don't have a 3DS .The Birth by Sleep stuff is new content so it's not going to make too much sense until you actually play it and then the Back Cover stuff is a prologue to KH3 so that definitely isn't supposed to make any sense from just watching a few random snippets put into a trailer. It's really supposed to just intrigue you to watch the final product for the full story.

So, wait a minute, they just uploaded the trailer snice it got leaked? Well, that's alrighty then. Kinda sad, was hoping we'd get a surprise trailer during the conference.
Oh well.
Both aer good trailers.
Save for two things

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD ends on a teaser for a teaser FOR KH 3 in WINTER!?
WE'RE GONNA BE SKELETON WARRIORS BY THE TIME KH 3 IS RELEASED

Also Supergirl?
Really?

They weren't shown in the trailer, but Gorilla Grodd and Atrocitus were confirmed for I2 as well

They weren't shown in the trailer, but Gorilla Grodd and Atrocitus were confirmed for I2 as well
GORILLA GRODD IS THE MOST BORING GORILLA CHARACTER THERE IS
GODDAMN IT
(At least in Justice League he was)

Atrocitus is good though

Also Supergirl?
Really?

Supergirl makes sense since she currently has an ongoing TV series.

Also, we might've gotten the story trailer this week but there's always hope for a gameplay demonstration next week so there might be more to look forward to.

Supergirl is still going to be a clone of Superman, she'll just use half the powers he doesn't use.
They're comin' out of the gate swinging w/ the clones.

Is their plan to saturate this game w/ as many Superman characters as Injustice had Batman characters?
Because I'm down for that, honestly.

Just keep Joker and Batman.

I'm honestly more interested in the Lantern Spectrum Corps than any other part of DC Comics, so I am glad we at least got Atrocitus.

Also, I'm calling it now.
Supergirl will get an outfit based on the TV Show

Supergirl is still going to be a clone of Superman, she'll just use half the powers he doesn't use.

Not necessarily. I'm sure a lot of people thought the same about Zod when they announced him as a DLC character but Zod plays pretty differently from Superman

Beast boy beast boy beast boy BEAST BOY.

Reactions: BeatNinja
Lobo and Static.

Those 2 and I will be happy.

Lobo and Static.

Those 2 and I will be happy.

We need the Main Man.

And he needs to be not the worst fucking character in the game.

oh man
watch dogs
that game everyone liked
definitely needed more of that game

Reactions: Magma442
To be fair, it definitely does look a bit better than Watch_Dogs 1. Hopefully it'll be the AC 2 of the franchise.

Anyway, today they showed a lot of Mankind Divided too. Once more, it was streamed, but I forgot about it

So, everyone is Iron-Man now?

With all of these announcements, there better be some good surprises we have no idea about at E3. Everything I wanted to see has already been shown.

Reactions: Jutsei
"FINAL FANTASY XII THE ZODIAC AGE – Gameplay Walkthrough and Q&A Hosted by The Completionist"

A hwaaaa? Is that The Completionist as in, That One Video Gamer, AKA Gerard? If so, that's pretty awesome.

Man I'm upset no Dragon Quest Heroes 2 localization announcement....I want that so bad.

But hey, Dragon Quest Builders coming is just as good. Can't wait.