• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Report Eliza Now Entering Console Certification, PSN Avatars on the Way

This is excellent fuckin' news. Yesssss.

Reactions: gluemchen
Great news. I was hoping that the PS4 release would be at the same time of Eliza's but that was unrealistic from my part.

Everything is adding up and only Beowulf and Robo Fortune are left. What would the future hold from there on?

Great news. I was hoping that the PS4 release would be at the same time of Eliza's but that was unrealistic from my part.

Everything is adding up and only Beowulf and Robo Fortune are left. What would the future hold from there on?
Ps4 port and that is about it

Wait, Paul Robertson

that's the guy who did Scott Pilgrim VS The World: The Game's art and Fight Fighters from Gravity Falls, right?
Oh my god, I thought they were just gonna crop pictures but this is amazing, dibs on Squigly.

be happy with what you get are people really begging for silly taunts etc? bring eliza and im happy.

not silly the taunts so far in the game are considerable buffs, have you been hit with tuba tuba tuba?

be happy with what you get are people really begging for silly taunts etc? bring eliza and im happy.
I'm p happy with Eliza tbh, but I think they did say they wanted to have taunts for everyone.
And with my grumpy disposition, they should of used Robo Fortune's money for that. :V

Taunts were always part of the picture as long as they had an effect like in 3S.

Peacock's taunt makes the next item be Tenraiha if she charges it fully; Big Band's taunt makes his level 1 supers do more damage, makes SSJ have infinite armor and Timpani will be comboable and uses up sound stun; Eliza's taunt makes Sekhmet gain 1/4 of the damage dealt in health, and let's Sekhmet do Lady of Slaughter.

I'm p happy with Eliza tbh, but I think they did say they wanted to have taunts for everyone.
And with my grumpy disposition, they should of used Robo Fortune's money for that. :V

you really wanted taunts over a whole new character? who is also getting all her frames redrawn too?

i honestly dont understand why people hate on robo fortune so much. the amount of messages people wrote along the lines of that Lab 0 should use the money for something else was ridic.

She needs Dan Hibiki's Super Taunt, DUUUUUUHHHH. that super is too OP.

It just dawned on me that Squigly's charged Center Stage is essentially the super taunt. You can cancel any grounded normal into it and cancel that into any super. It has super flash, so you can essentially remove the startup of any super. All that's really missing is the ass slap

Reactions: Cawtime and Cadenza
you really wanted taunts over a whole new character? who is also getting all her frames redrawn too?

i honestly dont understand why people hate on robo fortune so much. the amount of messages people wrote along the lines of that Lab 0 should use the money for something else was ridic.
Because it seems really...dumb? I mean she's just a meme who I would of been fine just getting a voice pack for.
I really don't think Skullgirls needs 2 "joke" characters.

Reactions: ink_deer
Agreed. Lab Zero, please delete Fukua.:PUN:

Also don't get the hate on Robo-Fortune, I mean if her inclusion involved tinkering with the budget for any of the other DLC characters, I could see some reason to have one's sprinkles stirred but she's a "freebie". Lab Zero could have settled for a alternate palette + voice pack but instead are making a new character. And if Fukua (who was cooked up in 3 days, if I recall Mike's words correctly) is of any indication, she'll be considerably distinct from Ms Fortune.
Anyway, once "open development" for Mecha-Nadia begins, I'm expecting a tidal wave of "Robo-Fortune is amazing! Been saying that since day one."-type comments flooding in.

Agreed. Lab Zero, please delete Fukua.:PUN:

Also don't get the hate on Robo-Fortune, I mean if her inclusion involved tinkering with the budget for any of the other DLC characters, I could see some reason to have one's sprinkles stirred but she's a "freebie". Lab Zero could have settled for a alternate palette + voice pack but instead are making a new character. And if Fukua (who was cooked up in 3 days, if I recall Mike's words correctly) is of any indication, she'll be considerably distinct from Ms Fortune.
Anyway, once "open development" for Mecha-Nadia begins, I'm expecting a tidal wave of "Robo-Fortune is amazing! Been saying that since day one."-type comments flooding in.
Nah man, I don't mind Fukua that much tbh, since it was originally just ment to be a 'take that' to Decapre and required minimal effort on Mike's part.

I just wanted Robot Fortune to stay a voice pack.

Reactions: ink_deer
Because it seems really...dumb? I mean she's just a meme who I would of been fine just getting a voice pack for.

didnt realise fukua is a joke character. i must have missed that memo. she may be a palette swap but shes nowhere near the level of joke character like Dan from sf4 or MvC2 servbot. I dont think paying attention to fans is a bad thing at all when it comes to new characters. Im certain there are other examples of this but the one that springs to mind for me is Ermac from the MK games.
He was like an urban legend for years before he was made into a full character. (if you are unfamiliar with MK history the abbreviation ERMAC (short for error macro) was found in the games code and many fans though it was the name of a secret character.)

she'll be awesome and unique. mark my words.

edit: so if you dont mind fukua, who is the other joke character? squigs? painwheel?

Reactions: Cawtime
didnt realise fukua is a joke character. i must have missed that memo. she may be a palette swap but shes nowhere near the level of joke character like Dan from sf4 or MvC2 servbot. I dont think paying attention to fans is a bad thing at all when it comes to new characters. Im certain there are other examples of this but the one that springs to mind for me is Ermac from the MK games.
He was like an urban legend for years before he was made into a full character. (if you are unfamiliar with MK history the abbreviation ERMAC (short for error macro) was found in the games code and many fans though it was the name of a secret character.)

she'll be awesome and unique. mark my words.

edit: so if you dont mind fukua, who is the other joke character? squigs? painwheel?
I meant 'joke character' in the sense of a character who's silly, Fukua being joke in herself and Robo Fortune.

it was originally just meant to be a 'take that' to Decapre and required minimal effort on Mike's part.
To be precise, Fukua "debuted" as a homage/parody to absurdly difficult to unlock secret characters featured in magazines' April Fools pranks, most noticeably Shen Long.
index.php

The Decapre thing was a coincidence that, nonetheless, Lab Zero poked fun of in the Fukua reveal trailer.

Side note and while this isn't something for this topic as well as being something already discussed to death, there needs to be a clear distinction between "Joke character" and "Comedy character" (or whatever term you want to settle with):
Joke character - deliberately made to be unviable (theoretically, at least. players can still win with them) in competitive play
Comedy character - a character with funny looking moves, parodies famous characters and or series (parodies not exclusive to the fighting genre, or even the gaming realm), etc. Can be competitively viable. I'd cite GG's Faust as a example as well as Fukua herself (most of what makes her a comedy character is her backstory/origins).

To be precise, Fukua "debuted" as a homage/parody to absurdly difficult to unlock secret characters featured in magazines' April Fools pranks, most noticeably Shen Long.
index.php

The Decapre thing was a coincidence that, nonetheless, Lab Zero poked fun of in the Fukua reveal trailer.

Side note and while this isn't something for this topic as well as being something already discussed to death, there needs to be a clear distinction between "Joke character" and "Comedy character" (or whatever term you want to settle with):
Joke character - deliberately made to be unviable (theoretically, at least. players can still win with them) in competitive play
Comedy character - a character with funny looking moves, parodies famous characters and or series (parodies not exclusive to the fighting genre, or even the gaming realm), etc. Can be competitively viable. I'd cite GG's Faust as a example as well as Fukua herself (most of what makes her a comedy character is her backstory/origins).

Wait... Fukua's made of mutant Jello? that explains it!

Ah right, my mistake.

Anyways, I could argue that joke characters are the one in the same. (Probably doesn't help my first joke character was a lethal one.) and how much I hate Robo Fortune, it wouldn't get me anywhere.
The best I can do is try and learn how she plays and counter her specifically.

are the one in the same.
"are one and the same"

Anyway, a "joke character" first meant a character that was included simply for the heck of it as a joke - Dan in SFA / Roll and Kobun in MvC2, for example. Since it initially also coincided with "and the character sucks so you'd never use them in competitive play except to troll", the term has come to be used for characters that end up competitively useless even if they were intended to be real characters, like Sean in Third Strike. In no way is it related to whether or not the character is funny - it's used for whether the character is crappy.

No character in SG is included as a joke character.

Reactions: Cawtime
Well, I dunno about you guys, but I'm still waiting on that Jaleel White voice over. Stefan Urquelle + Skullgirls would be way past cool!

"are one and the same"

Anyway, a "joke character" first meant a character that was included simply for the heck of it as a joke - Dan in SFA / Roll and Kobun in MvC2, for example.
Roll's top-tier! Tron/roll/servbot was my team. Anime rockets, goooo!:PUN:

Two weeks?? That's tomorrow! I'd better go get some money!

Two weeks?? That's tomorrow! I'd better go get some money!
No, that's still over a week from now at the earliest. She could take far longer than 2 weeks. And she'll be free when she releases.

So... any news? I can't understand how Sony & Microsoft take so long for this, they check Eliza frame per frame with 10% speed or what?

Reactions: Chip Blaster
You must be new here.
It takes at least two weeks to finish or get a response.

Reactions: Chip Blaster
So... any news? I can't understand how Sony & Microsoft take so long for this, they check Eliza frame per frame with 10% speed or what?
2 weeks is a ballpark figure. Could be more, could be less. It all depends on whatever mysterious practices MS have to test the stuff sent to them. It probably is also based on how busy they are with other submission in a given period.

And no news. Seriously, the moment LZ hears about it, they'll announce it, and within minutes of that announcement there'll be a news post on SkullHeart.

Unless they make taunts that actually have some effect, I'm rather seeing Lab 0's staff keeping the money for themselves or making something else, like more palettes, stages, etc (now, I'm just assuming they have resources to implement taunts. Porbably that's not the case).

I confess that in the first time I saw robo kitty I didn't liked it. But then the concept of her moves made me want to replace Nadia.

Eliza better come out tomorrow because tomorrow makes it exactly two weeks from when she was submitted.

Reactions: Raging_Zoroark
Eliza better come out tomorrow because tomorrow makes it exactly two weeks from when she was submitted.
I think if anything it will be tuesday/wednsday because thats when PSN/XBLA update

This process will generally take about two weeks.

ABOUT.

2 weeks is not a guaranteed release date. It's a rough ballpark figure and certification could take much shorter or much longer.

Again This Is how to best put it to people who don't like waiting.

test-pattern.jpg

Well I wasn't expecting her today or tomorrow in fact I'm expecting a date at least for next week saying she will out after next week.

If it will be anything like with Big Band, once Lab Zero is informed Eliza is ok to go, we'll get a "Eliza! Coming to PC and consoles on [less than a week from now]" trailer. That being said, anyone sporting a "maybe she'll get released today out of nowhere" approach might be fuelling his own disappointment.

Reactions: Luweewu and Cellsai