• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Eliza's twirl hits if you up-back

Fedora_Ninja

Never asked for this.
Reaction score
Steam
Fedora Ninja
Valentine Cerebella Big Band
I noticed that if you cancel Eliza's c.hp into twirl, the opponent is reset and it's a perfect place for a command grab if Eliza ever got one.
Thing is, when I set the dummy to up-back as reversal, the frame advantage counter said the lk twirl was -3, +0, or +11 (it hit).
When setting the dummy to do this this setup, I got hit out of my backwards jump.

There were times where the first hit was blocked and if I continued to hold up back, my character would get hit by the second hit of lk twirl although it looked as though I was outside the lk twirl hitbox. If I blocked the second hit normally, my character would simply walk back or crouch and the second hit would whiff.

This video is a perfectly timed setup of c.hp, command grab assist, xx lk twirl. Of course you could just reversal your way out, but defending against it normally wouldn't work.

Ah yeah, none of her specials are marked as supposed-to-cause-preblock. Lemme fix that.
[edit] Fixed in next build.