• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Endurance/Infinity mode?

LC1997

How does this thing work?
Reaction score
Steam
LC1997
PSN
LC1997
Valentine Parasoul
I think that having an endurance mode would be really cool. You would choose your characters and have an infinite number of battles against the CPU. You could have options to have the difficulty increase the farther you go or keep 1 difficulty throughout the length, take off/put on continues, how many rounds in a match, or every 1 in 1000 matches is against Marie. Once you lose a match (or continues if you have them on), you start all over again. There could be leaderboards to see how far you and your friends have gotten. I think that it would help with training, as every match would be different so you adapt to the enemy characters instead of facing the same 1-3 in training mode.

While i like the idea, SG's AI feels a tad "off" more often than not...

a good example of fun multi-match mode is the Abyss mode from BlazBlue Continuum Shift EXTEND. it adds a lot of cool stuff to spice the experience.

a simple "endless arcade" mode is cool too

Reactions: LKArtillery
I like the idea, but with one suggestion. Once the highest possible AI has been reached, it should start slowly buffing the AI characters. It's not perfect, but it beats just whaling on Nightmare AIs until you run out of luck. So after a good slaughter of Nightmare AIs, they'll first get maybe a 5% or 10% extra HP and a bit of extra damage, but after a few rounds of that it's up to 25%, then 33% -- numbers arbitrary, play-testing seems the only way to determine a smooth and natural curve.

Reactions: thatmegamega