• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

EVO Roomsharing Thread

Well, in the ever more likely event that none of those guys drops out, who wants to go in on an even cooler room where 8 people aren't having to share a toilet?
Hey, 1) Two Toilets
2) Yeah, go set up another set of rooms. It's hella cheap. I bet we could even arrange for both sets of rooms to be close together, at which point we have pokemon style matches in between the rooms. Actually... this doesn't sound too bad.
3) It's a good number, 3.

Hey, 1) Two Toilets
I am totally expecting one of those toilets to meet an unfortunate end sometime during the weekend.

2) Yeah, go set up another set of rooms. It's hella cheap. I bet we could even arrange for both sets of rooms to be close together, at which point we have pokemon style matches in between the rooms. Actually... this doesn't sound too bad.
3) It's a good number, 3.
That's honestly not a bad idea seeing as how crowded the suite got when we were all hanging out in it and, yeah, the rooms are SUPER cheap this year compared to the Paris, but I might just shack up with @Cellsai if he's down. Good to have a place that isn't party central to unwind in occasionally.

Reactions: Broseidon Rex
That's honestly not a bad idea seeing as how crowded the suite got when we were all hanging out in it and, yeah, the rooms are SUPER cheap this year compared to the Paris, but I might just shack up with @Cellsai if he's down. Good to have a place that isn't party central to unwind in occasionally.
Now we definitely need this second set of rooms. You have the hype Salty Suite, where money matches and insane commentary are required and then you have the Serenity Suite, where golfclaps and well mixed drinks are the norm. Also, Bella Ball, since that should be our equivalent of high society gameplay.

Also, nice thing about two room business is that when some people want to go to sleep early, one room could be closed off to tired people.

Last edited:
Reactions: POS Industries
I have one spot open for UFGT.

Someone hook up this lonely latino boy up with a room. Same details at sage need to stay til late Monday. For Evo*

Spot is taken!
I made the hotel reservations at the Las Vegas Hotel and looking for a room mate.
Resorts Club

Dates:Jul 10, 2014 - Jul 14, 2014 (Check in thurs, Check out Mon)
USD $262

Last edited:
@Shnarfl and @dekillsage I need a confirmation soon. I got other people chomping at bits to get salty.

Even if you're not staying in the eight person Salty room, everyone (non salty suite) is still going to be meeting there each night to play right?

Even if you're not staying in the eight person Salty room, everyone (non salty suite) is still going to be meeting there each night to play right?
Yuppers. Though later on in the night, if some people get tired, we may close one room to let people sleep, we should still have others in the next room till about 4-5 am. (Yeah that late)

I may need to share a room with someone. Was going to be bringing company, but that may not happen (which is sad, but not sad enough to not go I guess). I should know for sure in a couple days. Anyone got any spots still open?

Well, I ain't had any bites yet as far as roommates go.

Well, I ain't had any bites yet as far as roommates go.
Your avatar is Micky Mouse with ice cream in the crotch region of his pants. I wonder why :p

Your avatar is Micky Mouse with ice cream in the crotch region of his pants. I wonder why :p
Yeah man, I don't get it, either.

I'm clearly a catch!

But yeah, I just need to check a couple more things before I know for certain my person isn't coming. Any idea how much I'd be paying if I split a room with you?

Yeah man, I don't get it, either.

I'm clearly a catch!
Well, you'll have to make a Soundcloud recording advertising your spot left open, that will get them hooked instantly.

Its vegas.

There wont be that much sleeping

I remember last year, I got to Vegas on Monday, by the time the SG room was set I'd gone like almost 5 days without sleeping, at all, barely a few scattered hours put together. I was somewhat lucid in the afternoon, but when it was night I crashed, badly! Lol!

Last edited:
But yeah, I just need to check a couple more things before I know for certain my person isn't coming. Any idea how much I'd be paying if I split a room with you?
Barring any hidden fees and if we booked right now for thursday-monday, splitting it two ways, your share would be $161.28.

I should be able to cover half myself because I'd like my own bed, but if you want to find another person to split the other half with you, we can do that. Also my flight gets in super late so Inmight not be the best choice to book the room if they need me to be the one checking in.

So POS, you got a Serenity Suite planned then? Should I remove you from the waiting list for Salty Suite.
LOL I have a waitlist now. LOOK AT HOW PROFESSIONAL I AM NOW MOM!

Reactions: Lethalmind
So POS, you got a Serenity Suite planned then? Should I remove you from the waiting list for Salty Suite.
LOL I have a waitlist now. LOOK AT HOW PROFESSIONAL I AM NOW MOM!
Nothing's concrete yet so keep me in mind, but if I have a room booked before everyone ahead of me gets back to you, you can take me off the waitlist.

I just need a place for late thursday - late monday. I'll pay whatever and room with whoever long as you don't rob me (I'll wreck ya mate if you do).

Reactions: SHODAN
so whos open, and how much am i gonna pitch in for? First time going so idk how this works so.....

@Choose Goose @Skarmand

I need you to PM me you (and Jordan's) full names, email addresses, and phone numbers for the reservations. Booking today. <3

#NORTHWESTBOYS

Reservations complete. Details should be emailed to you soon.

Unless we go haywire on 50$ bottles of water in the complimentary fridge, final price for each of us should be 367.00 / 4

Skarmand, if you need some help with cash, let me know.

• u hlvn a giggle m8
  • skarmander
  • chooses with gooses
  • yung duckling

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, what is the recommended amount of honesty with the hotel regarding the number of people staying in a room to ensure the best price?

Reactions: Hilary
@Shnarfl you got until wednesday to get back to me. Otherwise POSIndustries is next up on the Salty Suite Waitlist.
Lol, I still have a waitlist.

Alright salty suite is booked up. Thanks everyone for getting back to me. As for anyone else rooming, it's pretty cheap to set up your own room. Resort fees (20 a day) and additional guests past 2 fees are waived if you sign up with the offer. So get to it and see you there.

You didn't even contact me, I was like one of the first people to post? :(
I'm putting a room together if you want in.

@Choose Goose
@Skarmand
@Yung Duckling
@hlvn

Hotel check in is at 3:00PM at the earliest. My flight arrives at 1:45, depending on the taxi ride, should be there a bit before that.

On the plus side, as long as you have a reservation you can leave your bags with the desk and they'll hold them until check-in which frees you to go meet skullgirls people, or gym, or spa, or pool, or lunch, or whatever.

Silly question but just making sure (this is my first time going to EVO so bare with me):

I plan to enter SG (obvs) and P4A if there is a side tournament for it; I only need to register for a "Full Access Pass" instead of a "Competitor Pass", right? Since these two aren't "official" games and all (wow, that question hurts to ask -_-)

Edit: Never mind I got my question answered. See you all there!

Last edited: