• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Excellebella activating burst

Zidiane

Doing my best
Reaction score
Steam
Zidiane
PSN
zidiane5
XBL
Zidiane
Cerebella
Hit grabs arent supposed to activate bursts, right? I forgot to record it, but it should do this and activate IPS with like a counter hit or something.

it's a command grab. Ms. Fortune's Om Nom does the same thing. when Dizzy is topped.

It doesn't do the same thing with Pummel Horse though, and it should also activate IPS in the same situation, I'm pretty sure. I'm not in a place to check it, but I will later on tonight.

it's a command grab. Ms. Fortune's Om Nom does the same thing. when Dizzy is topped.
Video proof
And so you know, Pummel Horse Doesn't care in the same instances Excellebella does.

Maybe the last hit on excelebella counts like a normal hit?

The last hit of Pummel Horse is a punch. And I'm pretty sure I remember Mike saying anything that's a grab isn't supposed to activate burst, when I found out that Pummel Horse didn't activate it. I was assuming it extended to Excellebella, which was also a hit grab (there was an early bug where if you did it too fast sometimes it'd activate burst, but I thought that was different). I guess it's fine as is, because, I mean, when are you ever going to set this up. But still.

It might be that Pommel Horse for whatever reason isn't being considered a new chain, so it's not triggering any infinite protection.

What does the combo stage do when you do Pommel Horse > chain ending in Kanchou > Pommel Horse? I'd check myself but I'm not good enough at charge inputs.

It might be that Pommel Horse for whatever reason isn't being considered a new chain, so it's not triggering any infinite protection.

What does the combo stage do when you do Pommel Horse > chain ending in Kanchou > Pommel Horse? I'd check myself but I'm not good enough at charge inputs.
I don't know, but doing Battle Butt in that same situation instead of Pummel Horse activates burst (Do I have to make a "Battle Butt cares too much" vid...?). So it's definitely Pummel Horse.

The last hit of Pummel Horse is a punch. And I'm pretty sure I remember Mike saying anything that's a grab isn't supposed to activate burst, when I found out that Pummel Horse didn't activate it. I was assuming it extended to Excellebella, which was also a hit grab (there was an early bug where if you did it too fast sometimes it'd activate burst, but I thought that was different). I guess it's fine as is, because, I mean, when are you ever going to set this up. But still.
Pummel Horse is still active for a bit after that last punch though.

We know that the two moves appear to have different properties, If that's a bug or not is up to Mike to tell us.