• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Extra Background Cameos

Reaction score
So far, we have it to where Big Band appears in Lab 8 and Parasoul appears in Glass Canopy as background cameos, but aren't present if they're part of the fight. I suggest we give the rest of the playable characters background cameos for when they aren't part of a fight.

Double - Grand Cathedral - Standing near the altar in nun form.

Cerebella - Medici Tower - Standing in front of Lorenzo's desk, on his left (our right), as though she were part of the conversation. Vice-Versa isn't on her head.

Filia - Maplecrest - Sitting at the base of a tree, reading a book. She's wearing her hat from her intro.

Ms. Fortune - Little Insmouth - Leaning over one of the wooden banisters, watching the fight.

Peacock - Lab 8 - Lying up against a piece of machinery, sleeping. In a similar vein to Big Band, if a particularly nasty attack connects, she gets jostled awake momentarily, and then just falls back to sleep.

Valentine - Rooftops Assault (?) - Standing on a nearby rooftop, watching Marie.

Unfortunately, I can't think of anything for Painwheel and Squigly, and I don't think Valentine's works too well, but there you go.

I really dig the idea and most of the suggestions of individual character appearances. Here's what I'd add/change if it were up to me:

I'd keep (most) characters connected to "their" stages (implied by themes in the character trailers). With that in mind, I'd leave Cerebella, Fortune and Peacock exactly like you described.

Filia I'd move to Streets of New Meridian, hat on. Somewhere at the back, confused in a "where am I/what to do" sense, perhaps looking like she wants to talk to someone, ask for directions while being too unsure to start the conversation.

Squigly I'd put where Valentine is in your scenario in Rooftops Assault. Freshly woken up, watching Marie and figuring out what's going on.

Valentine I'd move to Lab 8 (empty). Hidden somewhere in the shadows and/or sitting fairly high on one of the lab machines, observing the surroundings and ready for a sneak attack once Peacock/Big Band shows up.

Double - as you described, though I'd add to have her in both full and empty versions of the Cathedral. In full she'd look normal while in the empty one I'd shroud her eyes in darkness to match her creepiness with the one of the stage.

Painwheel - I'd place her on the roof of one of the houses in Maplecrest, looking sadly at her parents.

Last edited:
Neat ideas all round. Particularly fond of of Pea in Lab 8 and Val in the Lab 8 wreckage.
I'd like to see Pea in Under the Bridge, fishing with the cat ferals and maybe using a naval mine as bait.
But about Filia in New Meridian...I don't recall seeing any trash cans in that stage.:PUN:

Side note, I got Encore a couple of days and Squigly and the color+unlock pack a couple of hours ago so I'm seeing a lot of things "in my own copy of the game" and just noticed Marie in Rooftops Assault, making me proud by psychokinetically hurling skyscrapers. She's still a bit of a noob at it though.
You have to pull it gently, Marie; without breaking the foundations. You should have been my doteruu... :3