• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

F-Zero thread

tumblr_nqebjfKf721qesqm0o2_540.png

tumblr_nqebjfKf721qesqm0o1_540.png

Honestly I'm not all that comfortable with the idea of Nintendo shopping F-Zero around to every dev that has made a racing game anyway. There's a pretty big difference between F-Zero and Need for Speed. It's a pity AV isn't around any more, but part of me would still feel more comfortable if it was developed under SEGA.

Honestly I'm not all that comfortable with the idea of Nintendo shopping F-Zero around to every dev that has made a racing game anyway. There's a pretty big difference between F-Zero and Need for Speed. It's a pity AV isn't around any more, but part of me would still feel more comfortable if it was developed under SEGA.

While its true NFS/Burnout are different than F-zero, the case was also true with Amusement Vision who before GX really only seemed to work on Daytona as far as racing games go (which is also far from F zero). Considering that Criterion really seemed to put their hearts into the later Burnout Games and NFS:MW, I think that they honestly would've been as good of a choice to pick to help make something good for F zero.

And without any assurance that the members of AV would still be around, I would absolutely not trust giving F zero back to Sega nowadays.

Reactions: OldOnyxBones
I guess that's true, and it's not like Nintendo would let another company completely trash one of their own IPs.

I guess that's true, and it's not like Nintendo would let another company completely trash one of their own IPs.

Other M :(

also philips

460.png

Well, this is it, F-Zero, oh man, so many good memories with this game, you see, i don't have a favorite game at all, i always feel that there is no best game ever made because there is so much variety that thinking in one outstanding, one above all is just an impossible task for me, but if you want to know the two franchises that i played the most and i fondly remember above other ones, is definitely two series from Nintendo!, those are Fire Emblem and F-Zero, and today, i'm gonna talk about F-Zero.

F-Zero was launched as a SNES debut title in 1990, with a period development of 15 months, this game was meant to show off the graphical capabilities of the Super Nintendo, with it's mode 7, this game became the inspiration of games like Daytona USA and Wipeout, and as today, it became the most consistent and enjoyable of all futuristic racing games out there, spanning 3 sequels, and two games in an alternate universe (F-Zero GP Legend and F-Zero Climax).

Now, the basic of F-Zero is quite different than your typical Mario Kart and related, this game is about skill, and not blinking in any second because if you do that, you lose (Especially in GX), the original one had 4 racers, which are the popular Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Pico and Dr. Stewart, racing to win the prize money and fame of the F-Zero tournament, each racer has different stats depending on the vehicle, some of them have better accelerating overall, some of them have better gripping, boost, speed, etc.

This game is simple, you push A and you try to win the first place, sounds easy right?, well, while it's core is as simple as suggested, the execution not, each racer (in the original snes game) had about 300 to 400Km/h, so crossing each lap was something really hard if you don't have the necessary reaction skills to cross a curve for example, there are also boosts that allows you to temporarily increase the speed of your car, in the original game boosts are obtained when you cross a lap, but in other games the boost consumes a part of your health meter, using a boost in certain courses were a smart idea or a very, very bad idea.

The story of this game is kinda interesting, is probably the most depth i ever had with a racing game, you see, the original game was simple, C.Falcon is a renowned bounty hunter, whose job is to catch criminals while racing in different championships, S.Goroh is a thief who tries to collect the best treasures as possible, Dr. Stewart is as the name suggests a doctor who uses his skills to research and mechanics, and also to attract women during races and finally we have Pico, an alien who tries to be evil and everything else, he later became a Hitman in later titles.

Now, the sequels is where things are a little bit deep, F-Zero X started because of an incident that killed 7 racers, and therefore F-Zero championships were prohibited permanently, until some racers decided to do this practice in certain planets secretly, and after some negotiations and a testimony from Super Arrow, the F-Zero championship returned, in this one features even more characters, describing each one is just a long task, but every single one has his/her own profile that is worth a read.

And finally we have the interesting thing, F-Zero GX came and introduced even more characters, this game had a Profile Mode where you could see the background and story of each racer, as well the stats of each car, after this entry the series was separated in an alternate timeline, this timeline is called F-Zero GP Legend, an anime who talked about the adventures of a 150 year man called Ryu Suzaku and his friends, this anime spawned two games, and it features it's own continuity, rather than following the events of the game.

And this is pretty much everything, i could also mention the inclusion of Captain Falcon in the original Smash Bros, aswell it's obvious sequels, lately, if everything turns out great, we fans can see the light of the day and see the announce of a new F-Zero game, if Starfox had a remake on the 3DS and a new title coming out the next year, we also should have a new title, since we haven't seen one in a long time, this was all everybody, F-Zero, an underrated videogame series, that can have a little more love from part of Nintendo.

Radial-G: Racing Evolved just became available on Steam. Someone please tell me that it's bad so I don't spend my steam credit and all of my free time on it.