• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fallout 4 Disappointment

TheRealMrBean

Ave, True to Caesar.
Reaction score
Steam
The Gentliest Gentleman
Peacock Ms. Fortune Parasoul
A thread for the discussion of the series of Role Playing Games formerly developed by Black Isles Studio and currently being developed by Bethesda Software.

Edit:It's Fake, Why didn't Bethesda just deny it in the first place? Why? Why Lord?

If you want to be disappointed here you go:
http://thesurvivor2299.com

Last edited:
Reactions: Muro
Oh hey cool was hoping this would come back.
Got Fallout New Vegas during Steam Summer Sales, haven't gotten around to playing it yet, though.
I did play Fallout 3 on my old Xbox 360 though. Was great fun.
Hoping Fallout 4 will be just as good... if it exists and is being made

I love Fallout 2. I think it's one of my favourite games of all time. I played the Russian version localised by 1C and I don't know how accurate the translation is and whether or not I can use a mod like the Restoration Project or whatever it's called. I think I'll buy Fallout 1 on GOG.com when there will be a discount.

I also have GOTY editions of Fallout 3 on PS3 and New Vegas on Steam. I haven't played F3 in a long time and I stopped at the part in the beginning where you look for a radio station. God damn those Supermonsters! I really love New Vegas and it's very addictive. I stopped at the part where you get your revenge on Benny and I still haven't decided which faction I want to fight for: NCR, Mr. House or Yes Man. Caesar's Legion is out of the question because I did a quest where I murdered a couple of Soldiers from the Legion. I seem to be hearing that people vastly prefer New Vegas to F3. I've put New Vegas on hold, because I'm afraid of being underwhelmed by F3, which I think I'll try finishing first.

Yay, someone revived my thread! Thanks. :D

Anyway, did anyone hear word of a Fallout 4 yet?

Yay, someone revived my thread! Thanks. :D

Anyway, did anyone hear word of a Fallout 4 yet?
Fallout 4 was recently trademarked by Betheseda. We now have Half Life 3 and Fallout 4 to look forward to since their owners (Valve and Bethesda respectively) recently trademarked them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jutsei
I'd like another New Vegas, but since it will most likely be another Fallout 3 instead, my hype is not that great.

Reactions: Dohnut V.2
"The truth is that you lost an expensive piece of army-issue equipment. That suit is gonna come out your pay, and you will remain in the this man's army until you are fiiiive hundred and ten years old, which is the number years it will take for you to pay for a Mark II Powered Combat Armor you have lost!"

Not sure how to feel about Fallout 4... 3 was fun, but I liked New Vegas waaaaaay more.

Reactions: TheRealMrBean
Fallout 4 was recently trademarked by Betheseda. We now have Half Life 3 and Fallout 4 to look forward to since their owners (Valve and Bethesda respectively) recently trademarked them.

Yeah, I heard. There's even a timer on the website thesurvivor2299.com. 2299 would fit the timeline seeing as Fallout 3 took place 2277 and New Vegas takes place in 2281. The counter even has that little symbol on the Fallout radios.

I hope The Survivor can be a ghoul or super mutant this time around.

Anyone figured out that Morse message?

Anyone figured out that Morse message?
December 11 2013 in morse, but supposedly the website's a fake

Reactions: Muro
December 11 2013 in morse, but supposedly the website's a fake
If this is a hoax, then it is a damn well expensive one at that.

Someone found a phone number through decrypting, and if you call it, all you get is music from...fuck, what was it...
THe 1950s Simulation.
Tranquility Lane

Someone found a phone number through decrypting, and if you call it, all you get is music from...fuck, what was it...
THe 1950s Simulation.

Tranquility Lane

Ok, this is getting way too elaborate to be a hoax.

Apparently "I" was wrong the Morse code translates to this
"ZL QRNE FVFGRE. V'Z URNQVAT GB GUR VAFGVGHGR. TBQ XABJF JUNG UNCCRARQ GB GUVF CYNPR ABJ. GUVF BYQ ONFGNEQ JVYY URYC HF. UR ZHFG URYC HF. —0321—"
Which you use a Caesar cipher becomes this
"MY DEAR SISTER. I'M HEADING TO THE INSTITUTE. GOD KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS PLACE NOW. THIS OLD BASTARD WILL HELP US. HE MUST HELP US. —0321—"
Also so Fallout 4 = Boston and more stuff on the commonwealth.
Sorry for the miss information

A new morse code appeared on the survivor2299 website. It's quite terrifying IMO.
Here is what it translates to:
Calling any station, Calling any station, Calling any station, Boston Is Gone, I Say Again, Boston Is Gone, No Hope, Frequency 3450, Return Transmission, Goodbye America.

When you said terrifying, for a moment there I thought it will translate to "Three Dog is back".

When you said terrifying, for a moment there I thought it will translate to "Three Dog is back".
Todd Dellums did say that Three Dog might be back in a later Fallout during a Reddit IAMA.

Last edited:
Hence the fear that keeps me awake at nights.

A new morse code appeared on the survivor2299 website. It's quite terrifying IMO.
Here is what it translates to:
Calling any station, Calling any station, Calling any station, Boston Is Gone, I Say Again, Boston Is Gone, No Hope, Frequency 3450, Return Transmission, Goodbye America.

This just keeps getting more interesting (and scary). The site also says the Nuclear winter is in two days. Can't wait to see what happens.

Nuclear Winter!?
Color me interested
Yup, on Sunday, Dec. 1 at 3:35.

Last edited:
Put the latest Morse through a translator and got this (guaranteed not accurate though)
Chicago stage7 new orlean stage 7 las vegas unknown Miami stage 7 dallas stage 7 Denver stage 7 san diego ietage 7 san Francisco stage {-.-...}boston ARra unit bst 3147 emrg msg new york stage 7 washington stage 7 los angeles stage 7 austin stace 7

For some reason (the Nuclear Winter, I guess), I can't access the site. However, when I tried to get to it from Google search, this is what the description

KVNGR REV ALPHA PPS VT PIZ UHMYLPVOQ CM XHWMZP. NBJB SPI'F BYQS QT D'Y BYFGEOB FI VQDYL MAQ. -NGQHT 5120-

Wikipedia says it means this: "The Institute is sealed. They won't help us; I'm heading to Black Row -TBNLS 5120-

Starting to sound like Boston is the place,now the real question is, who is this guy sending the codes!? Is he the player or some random sap with a run of bad luck?

Last edited:
Ladies and Gentlemen, I direct you're attention to this article on The Escapist.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/130137-Fallout-4-Teaser-Site-Heats-Up-With-Nuclear-Winter

So apparently, the Morse and letter codes have been the harrowing tale of a Vault named 119 and it's fate. Nuclear Winter has come and there is only 8 days until the truth comes out. Is this the most elaborate hoax ever or is this the coming of Fallout 4? And if it is a new Fallout, who is Black Row and why are innocent Vault Dwellers dying?

Black Row is a place I think.

The Nuclear Winter countdown ended. Quite disappointing to be honest, it almost makes you wish to patrol the Mojave.

ZYX 5625478+7878 - HVCD AYX XOTF LFG IVL EGIBDYU CD RZWVI? UJY'H VOSC FW SFP'GS POCVK KYVI L UWX IVYGLV. XZAG YU, DHNY PJFF CCZ! ZM'K NZHP HQ QV. NAWLV OSS HEJB RGO TVXS HBVD?
WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LOOKING AT KIDDO? DON’T TELL ME YOU’VE NEVER SEEN A GUN BEFORE. COME ON, MOVE YOUR ASS! IT’S TIME TO GO. WHERE THE FUCK YOU CAME FROM?
Might be a Great war message, or an invasion of vault 119.

Morse
CLG BR EMRG IS OVR WE AR OTNB WT AMO STH ATK CMP WA DD N WY OU ALL UNT CD 5120 EVAC XYZ YUR NXT
Translation
CALLING BLACK ROW. EMERGENCY IS OVER. WE ARE OUTNUMBERED/ON THE NORTH BRIDGE WITHOUT AMMO. SOMETHING ATTACKED CAMP WE ARE DOOMED NO WAY OUT. ALL UNITS CONFIRMED DEAD. 5120 EVACUATION-

XYZ (New sender) You’re next.

And
AK: {REV _____ 5120} [CPS] PASS {LOC BB YEAR LET} – | H EY XHWHD OF GXSIHS EVE, ZFR G’K ATGEVY ROCL’JM QEOX. GTJX ZSFF QRETYHA HWEUHG WG VKKP HHWE. MCCCZNU SQ UUE VMXECEDCZ. MFE BNMC NEGE QLZCR TP MZ MR YUOG ACBSM.
Translation
I am sorry to inform you, but I’m afraid they’re dead. Your life support system is just fine. Welcome to The Institute. The only safe place to be in this world.

Survivor 2299 was a fake, a damn good one as well. Last Thing on it was "Thanks /r/Fallout, the Best Online Community". I don't know how I feel about this. A bit depressed to be honest.

This was all so godlike.

Even better than the fake Persona 5 ost.

Xi9OoWJ.gif

Just go mod Skyrim to have Guns and you've got fallout 4.

It just won't feel the same. We were going to explore the Commonwealth for god sake. The Institute!
Modding a Fantasy game to have guns won't quell the disappointment (and murderous rage) I have for Fallout 4 and the Survivor2299.