• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project [Fan Made] Custom Palettes : (Requests Open)

Whens "Sharped Dressed Big Band"

suit n tie n stuff or something

tumblr_ne7hocXCvu1si74wgo1_500.jpg

*ZZ Band*
Now I want to see him do this with Peacock.
tumblr_mvyddyce3V1qgqqg8o1_500.gif

*Queen of Diamonds*
The "Like" isn't enough. I have to expressly say that is genius and very well done to boot. I normally complain about Bella/Eliza palettes that take away the dark skin tone but this is one I'd gladly welcome.
When's Jack of Diamonds Taliesin?

Two of these are edits
Squigly39.png

Derp, put shadows on her hair where light was shining. Now fixed.
Painwheel10.png

@Hatsune Filia and @Medici Mob Boss would probably want to see this as well. And @Zazz why not.
Beowulf29.png

This is for @gllt
HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY~!!!

Cere of Diamonds
Now this, THIS is a great color! I know I say we should have this or that color for characters a lot, but this would legitimately be the color I finally swap out Battletoad Cere for if it were added to the game. I just LOVE how it looks!

Reactions: Rachel Phoenix
Can SOMEONE please help me with this whole making color palettes because I've looked at the tutorial and something must not be clicking for me and I'm getting really frustrated with this.

When you open the base, you have to copy and paste it because it's not editable when opened. Then you set the first color to the color you want to change, the second to the one you want to change it to. Then using the eraser, right click to color.

When you open the base, you have to copy and paste it because it's not editable when opened. Then you set the first color to the color you want to change, the second to the one you want to change it to. Then using the eraser, right click to color.
does this work in photoshop?

does this work in photoshop?
I don't think those specific instructions, no. But for PS, use the color dropper tool to pick a color from what you want to base the color off of (Or use the color wheel if there's no reference). Then, using the paint bucket tool, color the segment on the character you want.

I'm thinking next palette but I'm open to suggestions

I'm thinking next palette but I'm open to suggestions
Combine ryu filia, ken fukua, and cammy val into one picture with an awesome street fighter background :)

every character should have a halloween themed color palette. its the skullgirls-iest time of year!
hallow-color-few1.gif

I'll probably do more of the cast. Note: that Parasoul was an old idea for a Gordon Freeman color I had and after HEAVYBELLA I had to dig that one up again. Also its Orange/Black so its perfect.

Double is a pumpkin. Because nothing is more terrifying than the insides of a pumpkin.

more spookiness! OOOOoooooOOOOh!
hallow-color-few2.gif

From clockwise top left:
Filia - Standard Fall-ish colors.
Valentine - Making the "stained" colors neon green makes me think of those old 90s toys that have slime with them.
Big Band - As usual, I looked at some Q alt colors for ideas.
Eliza - Its Anakaris. Why doesn't Eliza have an Anakaris alt?
Fukua - Started as a spooky ghost/jack-o'-lantern but then I read about the history of the lanterns and about how they're related to turnips. So Fukua is now a turnip. Turnip is a funny name for a vegetable. Turnip.

Has someone made Sam and Max palettes for Big Band and Peacock yet?
If not, it would be pretty swaggin if you would.

Reactions: Medici Mob Boss
halloween's here! i just kinda realized i didn't do anything for fortune or bella, but i had no good ideas sooooo . . . darkstalkers, I guess?
hallow-color-few3.gif

Bella - Victor
Fortune - Talbain. Or is it Gallon? I dunno. Fortune has had a rejected Felicia alternate color at one time.
Double - Not Darkstalkers, but I redid my Halo Flood color for Double because HAVE YOU SEEN THOSE HALO 2 ANNIVERSARY CUTSCENES WITH THE GRAVEMIND?! It's terrifying now!

Seeing @Zidiane's post made me crawl back out from the void and finish this palette I've had on the backburner.

NightmareMoonPainwheel.png

nightmare_moon_vector_file_by_lextsy-d5221n3.png

Painwheel based on Nightmare Moon

total time: 8:13:09

Makes me wonder if I'll get a backhanded compliment like what Zid got.

I don't think Zidiane really got any backhanded compliments. I mean Flottila seemed to genuinely think the palette looked good, even if the reference was not exactly in his taste. And I mirror that sentiment to be honest, I have to, my favorite Parasoul is Fluttershy.

Personal preferences aside I can say, that palette looks really good and the reference is clear just by looking at it, which are two of the major tells of a good skin. (I also like when the reference draws parallels between the Skullgirls character and the character the color is referencing. And I don't know if this is one of those cases, could be, but I wouldn't know.)

Anyway, nice work everyone. Happy Halloween!