• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Project [Fan Made] Custom Palettes : (Requests Open)

oh man that peacock big band color is so awesome

I'm kind of hoping that once the DLC characters are done, we end up getting SG reference palettes like they did in Blazblue from CSEX on. It'd be pretty interesting to see how certain colors look on other characters.

We certainly do need more character references, like Umbrella and Marie for Peacock

Since Double has Ms V, Umbrella and Squigs colors, everyone else could have their share of SG references. Here's some I'd like to see:

CHARACTER - PALETTES
Fortune - Eliza / Venus / Feng
Parasoul - Eliza / Ms V / Dahlia
Valentine - Marie / Parasoul / Painwheel (if Lab Zero can give Val the "veiny" skin)
Eliza - Venus (with Abaddon Sekhmet and hopefully meganekko Oujo-sama) / Valentine / Deep Violet (both even have gold weapons!)

a redo of an old palette idea i had:
Big Band needs a Madoka color and there's no one in that show he fits better than
OKTAVIA
band-color-okt.gif

because music and bigness.

Applejack Annie? Applejack Annie.
You know how some of Parasoul's palettes have glasses?
Well Annie should have freckles on some of her palettes.

Reactions: Bucky Barkley
Well .. in the skullgirls universe Annie's show is the equivalent of MLP, a similar fanbase for a 'kids' show!

Look great btw.

This thread's been looking low on Eliza palettes lately. Figured it could use a refill. :PUN:
fzM9I2v.png
JCW8AkH.jpg
G3GbA2y.png
No, it's not just your imagination. I posted this one before, but there was a mistake I overlooked, so I tweaked it.

And I heard that Persona's not big on reference palettes, so I took a shot at making something original.
jFEvF3c.png

Last edited:
You sure that's not a reference to...?:PUN:
Looks great. I'd certainly use it.

I should say that, for archival purposes, I had to figure that other one by myself and *shivers* went to the Tales Wikia. The things I do for Oujo-sama...

Given we pretty much burned out all the suggestions for reference palettes and with over 50 palettes done, it's natural to see some decline in that department. The thing about bringing up reference palettes is that sometimes, when one can't figure a good original combination of colors by oneself (I'm certainly guilty of that, with my fixation for b&w), it's not so much about the reference but just the palette looking really good.

Ragyo and Venus still totally need to be done though.

You sure that's not a reference to...?:PUN:
...Nicki Minaj?

...Nicki Minaj?
I won't dignify with an answer. Because that would probably lead to me admitting things I don't want to admit.

I couldn't resist giving a second chance at my chromatic abominations with the new template.

MARIAH (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure) and TESTAMENT (Guilty Gear)
g6uXflT.png
g4qFEma.png

I'll stop. (.__.)

Haha, these are so ridiculous. Having way too much fun with the Annie line art I got saved. Also excuse the silly refrences that obviously give away the palette.

Believe in Annie!
anniestevenpalette_zps9e827afe.jpg

Only when I realized later I got the colors for the sword from Rose's canon, and not Steven's weapon, but at this point I got lazy and didn't fix it. Sagan's the Cookie Cat ice cream bars.

Hey Annie...do you wanna build a snowman~?
anniedoesntwanttobuildsnowmans_zps5c992626.png

Completely free handed these colors from memory. Sagan's Olaf and Annie has Hans' sword. Couldn't decide on colors for the eye patch, but it could represent what Anna's eyes look like later into the film.

I also agree with giving Annie optional freckles for some palettes.

Got a few ideas:

Filia: Kyo Kusanagi's '94-'98 costume, Kyo-1, Kyo-2, and KUSANAGI.

Fortune: Rugal Bernstein and Adelheid Bernstein.

Speaking of moving colors around, I was wondering . . . should Lab Zero change Ms. Fortune's #7 (Celty) and maybe swap it with something else? Maybe switch with #4?

Because currently, she's the only one who's #7 isn't an in-universe story reference. Its a small thing, but I just sorta noticed it.
That's actually bothered me for a while. She should get a minnete palette

GD4I2YF.png
qL15iAE.png
jwTol4Y.gif

Don't really know anything about this character, or much about Phoenix Wright in general,
wgLCt3R.png
KAhBbvL.jpg

And finally,
0mosTZ2.png

Last edited:
What a Psycho.

Franziska von Karma
It's Mei Karuma! :P

in reference to the KLK thread, so this may be a spoiler
I hear the Nuifags are up in arms.:PUN:

So much hype.
6th DLC character confirmed - DOLLWHEEL:PUN: (I was gonna say "Drainwheel" but that does exist already...)

uW08ZfG.png

(We REALLY need a spinning punhead gif. I'm cereal, you guize!)

I couldn't think of a clever remark about recent events, so i did this instead

pain-hype-color.jpg

So much hype.

:PUN:

Is this going to be a real thing? Please tell me this will be a real thing.

Is this going to be a real thing? Please tell me this will be a real thing.
I do not expect Lab Zero to actually implement a Decapre palette

but it would be hilarious if someone with one of those IGG colors asked for it now

fFqdpr2.png
Leblanc_0.jpg

Reactions: musica
I couldn't think of a clever remark about recent events, so i did this instead

pain-hype-color.jpg

So much hype.

:PUN:
Decopter.

after taking more effort than i expected, i sorta just sprited out a .gif color map for painwheel and made this using one of those grayscale animations that the clean-up artists have posted online. i did a similar thing for those big band and filia sprites i made.

pain-color-hype.gif

i got some more things in the works that are pretty neat.

Last edited:
Shall I add my own piece to the pile? o3o This is similar to the Finn and Jake one in format.

tumblr_n2mgv2zeb81r30cdxo1_500.jpg

Alongside a Gogo Dodo colored Avery of course~

Hint: We're tiny. We're toony~

Last edited:
someone ask for directions
because i've lost my way
pain-color-klk.gif
in case you're wondering about that surprise i'm working on, i'll say just it:
it's a sprite color-map for peacock, who is the best character in the game that i totally am no good at using.

here comes daredevil
- infinite meter
- all item drops are level 3
- all george moves call out all 3 versions at once
pck-color-gold.gif

get ready to rock.

I really hope this hasn't been done yet.
gb1GiJK.png
CHARISMA BREAAAAAAK (yes I know I messed up some cleanup but I practically gave up)
The world needs more Touhou.

If one of you would be kind enough to make a request for Peacock as Osmond from Dark Cloud or Beowulf as Time skip!Usopp from One Piece, i would be your bestest friend forever.

Time Skip!Usopp Beowulf?! Ok, that sounds pretty damn sweet. Maybe a Robin Eliza as well perhaps? Maybe her Arabasta arc outfit?

Man, now I'm in the mood for coming up with One Piece palletes:

-Fortune as Nami
-Beowulf as Usopp
-Big Band as Franky
-Peacock as Luffy? (Look, she's the only one with a hat that stays on all match)
-Eliza as Robin like Obaka said
-Double as Chopper?
-Parasoul as Zoro with Sanji Egrets
-Valentine as Brook

I don't know why but this "Street Fighter" (hint, hint) reminds me of Parasoul. Must be the hair. =/

tumblr_n1dcc1OsPj1rw12e0o1_500.png
I would never use another pallet, i'm not even kidding you

Reactions: WrestlerGuile