• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Feb 21, 2014] Winter Brawl 8 (Essington PA)

keninblack

NJ/VA
Reaction score
Steam
keninblack3s
PSN
keninblack
Parasoul Double Painwheel
Facebook Page
----------
WINTER BRAWL 8

DATE:
2/21/2014 – 2/23/2014

76 Industrial Highway, Essington Pa 19029
*Hotel discount rate coming soon*

SPONSORS:

Big E Gaming

Team Sp00ky

Team TFC

The Steam Co.

GAMES:

UMvC3
SSF4:AE v2012
BB:CP
P4A
GG:AC+R
Injustice
Killer Instinct
TTT2
SC5
KoF13
DoA5:U
Gears 3

RULES:
Can be found on www.bigegaming.com

*Cronus converters are officially banned*

REGISTRATION/FEES:

http://bigegaming.com/pre-registration/

Online Venue Registration: $35

At The Door Venue Registration: $50

Spectator Fee: $20

Deadline to pre-reg online will be feb 14th 11:59pm est

After you will have to pay at the door.

SCHEDULE:

2/21
Team tournaments for UMvC3, SSF4:AE v2012, Killer Instinct, Injustice, SC5.

2/22
Singles tournaments for all games

2/23
Finals

STREAMS:

Main Stream: Team Sp00ky

2nd Stream: Bifuteki

MK9 & Injustice Stream: Kombat Network

Anime Stream: Team St1ckbug

Eric “Big E” Small
(267)-231-8996
Eric2necphilly@yahoo.com

Zack “Kattermari” Kattermann
(201)-650-1318
kattermari@gmail.com

Robert “Hubbs Doctor” Hubbs
(610)-573-8305
hubbsdoctor@gmail.com

————————

WB8 taxi numbers:

To help you guys get around town for cheap:

Joe: 215-326-9753

Tee: 215-888-7860

If you need a ride hit one of them up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skullgirls Info at Winter Brawl:

When: Sunday, Noon.
Signups: 10AM to 11:30AM.
Entry: $10
Bracket: Double Elim
PS3

Format:
PS3
-$10 Entry
-The split will be agreed on by ALL of top 3. However, as it stands it will be 70/20/10.
-Double Elimination
-2 out of 3 for every type of match (Size 1, 2, 3, etc)
-Losers Finals, Winners Finals, and Grand Finals will be 3 OUT OF 5

Bracket/Seeding:
The goal is to have 4 little mini quadrants in one decent sized double elimination bracket. With one guaranteed "killer" in each quadrant.

The following people will be seeded by skill, due to previous tournament results. (No Particular Order)

1. SonicFox5000
2. keninblack
3. Dekillsage
4. Omniscythe

Back up seeds:
Winnie
Blaise
Outlaw_Spike
McPeanuts

Everyone else will be seeded by region, the goal is to make it so a player from Maryland won't have to play his friend from Maryland. If both friends live in separate states, whatever happens happens, tough.

PUT DOWN WHAT STATE YOU'RE FROM WHEN YOU SIGN UP

I can't seed you by region if I don't know what region you're from. So write it down next to your name when you sign up.

If you have to play a "killer" in your area of the bracket early, sorry. Its double elimination for a reason, run it back in losers. All 4 of the skill seeded players will receive a bye through the first round, it avoids an unfair match-up and gives other players time to warm up.

DQ's:
If I call your name a bunch of times and you aren't there, you're DQ'd simple. If you're in winners you go to losers, if you're in losers you go home. Now, of course I'm reasonable. If you need to go to the bathroom, take a phone call, grab food, fine. BUT, TELL ME WHERE YOU'RE GOING SO I CAN HOLD YOUR MATCH. If you tell me, I know not to DQ you and I won't... as long as you don't take an absurd amount of time. If you go to the bathroom for 10 minutes and you didn't tell me, and your match was up, chances are you got DQ'd, so be weary of that.

Last edited:
If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

IF THE PS3 VERSION IS OUT WERE RUNNING THE TOURNAMENT ON PS3, NO EXCEPTIONS.

I don't think I'll be able to stay the entire weekend like last time, but I will be here on sunday. I'll see you guys there!

Reactions: keninblack
I heard the Clarion was running low on rooms.

I live 20 minutes away. I'll definitely be there sunday :)

Hopefully it doesn't snow a foot and a half in between tourney starting and ending like at NEC, but I'm in there.

Sweet hopefully I'll be there. I'm planning to go with a few friends but we aren't 100% sure if it's going to happen yet.

Reactions: dekillsage
I'll be able to make it, but does anyone have a room I can stay at? I can help with stuff if necessary.

Can't help man I'm sorry :(

BUT SOMEONE HOOK THIS SDE BOY UP

Hey would there be spare PS3 controllers? All I have are 360 controllers. I'm gonna see if I can go with some friends Sunday and join and they could have a ps3 controller I can use but in case I go alone.

Yeah man I have a PS3 pad lying around I can bring for ya.

I think I'll be able to come to make it to this one! Finally, get the chance to come to another tourney.

I hate to ask because I'm not a fan of borrowing/letting other people use my controllers, but if anyone can let me use their ps3 pad with a working analog stick for this event I would love you 9ever v-v

I hate to ask because I'm not a fan of borrowing/letting other people use my controllers, but if anyone can let me use their ps3 pad with a working analog stick for this event I would love you 9ever v-v
I'll let you borrow my stick. Kaaaaaaaaaaappa

Are you actually a pad player or do you prefer a stick? I'm more willing to lend one of my sticks than my one and only PS3 pad.

I'm a pad player without a pad because I use primarily 360. If anyone has a good converter that works too but don't lend me your controller if you don't want too!

I'm a pad player without a pad because I use primarily 360. If anyone has a good converter that works too but don't lend me your controller if you don't want too!
I have a extra pad. The D-Pad does not work, but I assume that's fine with you since you play analog.

Looking forward to seeing some high level skullgirls hopefully i can get alittle better before sunday

Love seeing all the interest guys!

Me and Winnie will have our own room, so look forward to Saturday casuals and all that!

Also, who is able to bring setups+monitor?

Right now it'll just be my setup. Anyone care to help?

Sadly I can't provide any benefits other than my undying gratitude.

I might be able to bring a setup. I'm assuming a power strip would be a good idea.

I might be able to bring a setup. I'm assuming a power strip would be a good idea.

Usually those are supplied but I'll bring one too just incase.

Anyone bringing gear so we can capture?

I should be at WB, I will try to help you Kenin, where is it being run? Same room as anime?

I should be at WB, I will try to help you Kenin, where is it being run? Same room as anime?

Last time we got a corner in the main room so I'll push for that again, and let everyone know of course.

Thanks so much Chibi.

And in terms of capture devices, I'm actually just trying to get it streamed sunday. I'll do what I can to at least get top 4 streamed and see what happens but as of now I have no plans on bringing my capture card stuff. We'll just iphone record it like the ol' days, but I'll try real hard to get some of it streamed for yall

I'm bringing my lgp so we can record some matches. If you want commentary and stuff though I wont be able to bring my ps3. Lemme know

Or can I idk. Maybe you can record commentary without the need of a laptop. I'll find out and let you guys knowwww

Or can I idk. Maybe you can record commentary without the need of a laptop. I'll find out and let you guys knowwww

Without a laptop, all the LGP can do is straight capture video.

chansub-global-emoticon-60aa1af305e32d49-23x30.png

Anyone got room for one more on saturday night?

Looks like I'll have to miss out unfortunately. But, if there's a stream I'll definitely watch and support.

Hey
I was wondering if anyone was driving and can pick me up on sunday at the bus stop (30th street) ?
I'll pay cash $$$

Bus stop at 30th and Market? Depending on the time, I can get you.

Bus stop at 30th and Market? Depending on the time, I can get you.

I'm getting there at 7:45. Can you get me at any point past that time?