• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

[Feb 22, 2014] The Doublesnap Open (Internet)

pash1k

Reaction score
Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/pash1k
Filia Parasoul
doublesnapopen.png

Update:

Bracket has been generated
Reminder: it's entirely random.
Byes: Slap | SpaceCadetKeon, SLAP | Raz, christian41, White Fury (yes, I realize there are two SLAP people who got byes. Again, this was randomly generated using random.org)

Day of the tournament:
1. Make sure that you're on Steam and in-game by 12PM (noon) EST (9AM PST).
2. All of the names in the bracket are people's Steam names. Add your opponent as soon as possible on Steam.
3. Play your games, and the winner must send the results to skullgirlsslapfest@gmail.com
4. Take a screenshot of the final score. Don't send it immediately, but if there's a dispute, that's how we'll resolve it.
5. After you play your match, check the bracket for your next opponent. Do this frequently.
6. If you can't get ahold of your opponent for 5 min, let SLAP | pash1k or SLAP | Krye know, and we'll email your opponent. In case this is you, please keep an eye on your email as well.
7. If SLAP | pash1k or SLAP | Krye adds you, please add us back. That means that your match is most likely going to be streamed.
8. Once the top 8 have been decided, stop playing your matches, we want to stream every top 8 match.
9. Once you lose, tune in to twich.tv/eightysixed to watch the rest of the tournament.

OP:

This is an online tournament on the PC with open sign-ups, everyone is free to participate. Sign-ups will close Wednesday, Feb 19th, and the bracket will be randomly generated and published on Thursday, Feb 20th. Tournament will start at 12pm EST on Saturday, Feb 22nd. The tournament will be double elimination.

All prizes are in-store credit for the EightySixed store

1st place - $50
2nd place - $10
3rd place - $10

Rules:

1. Every match, except for Grand Finals, will be best out of three games.
2. Grand Finals will be best out of five games.
3. Winner cannot change character(s), assist(s), or color(s).
4. Loser can change any of the above things.
5. Round timer is 99 seconds.
6. No intentional bugs, game breaking exploits, etc.
7. Do not change your Steam name throughout the course of the tournament.
8. BETA: If both of the participants are okay with it, matches may be played in the beta build. Otherwise, please keep it to the retail version (justification is below).
9. Play through your matches in a timely manner - no more than 15 minutes should pass by between the time that both participants are ready and the match starting.
10. Select matches and all of top-8 matches will be streamed. Please cooperate with streamers to make sure they can get in your lobby.
11. Be respectful to your opponent, the streamer, and the spectators.
12. We reserve the right to disqualify for any reason.
13. The prizes are all in-store credit from EightySixed - $50 for 1st place, $10 for 2nd place, $10 for 3rd place.

Streams:
http://www.twitch.tv/eightysixed (Primary stream)
http://www.twitch.tv/skullgirlsslapfest (Secondary stream, if there's a demand)

Twitter:
EightySixed
Slapfest

Pikmario
Spookyman
ThatOneOtherDude
KidPanda
Brodusa
davidks2009
SLAP | Killjoy
SLAP | RetroStation
Stormblessed
CaioLugon
beastlybubble11
SLAP | Birdcake 『バードケーキ』
KhaosMuffins
BronzeXephyr
Shadowstew
Mr Peck
Mugi "Mofuggen" Buki
PHUCKJOE
Executed
AceZTeller
[MAF] Potato Knishes ▲
SLAP | Raz
Elda Taluda
Flotilla
Crizor
Slap | SpaceCadetKeon
WingZero
Izzmo | kakatte koi
White Fury
CapnWTF
DW codeN1nj4
JSmooth
Agent J
BF
Lord_Benzo
Doctess
dekillsage
Shin_ATproof
gllt
JasonS
alxreaper
KL aka Trickstar101
Aya Shameimaru
Fizzxwizz
[BONER!] RickoniX
JELIFISH
evilben
Uzu
pupli
[UOTS] Muro
qb
Kstacksonthebeat
Jsteel3
christian41
dalp3000
Hitch
ayyyoooo
A Kind Hobo
asukalangaysoryu
stevlolfal

Last edited:
You should probably make it a little more clear on what platform this is on. I couldn't figure it out until I got to the rule about steam names.

Count me in.

I would join except, this is on the weekend of winterbrawl and some sg players are going. Could you push it back a week?

I would join except, this is on the weekend of winterbrawl and some sg players are going. Could you push it back a week?

The following week is SoCal regionals. The week after that is a local tourney in my city. Week after that I'm going to be out of town. Basically, it was Feb 22nd or March 22nd. If this goes well, we'll definitely be doing more tournaments, and soon.

Reactions: SonicFox
Same reason why you're not allowed to change your character (or your ultra in SF4). Want to give the loser a fighting chance.

Yeah character is normal but you changing the assists is usually the norm in VS games MVC2/MVC3 at least last I checked. Pretty similar in all of the SG tournaments i've been to/ran too but if thats what the people want its all good.

Pretty interesting name for this event. You can bet I'm in.

What's the protocol for Beta players? Just ask beforehand?

Yeah character is normal but you changing the assists is usually the norm in VS games MVC2/MVC3 at least last I checked. Pretty similar in all of the SG tournaments i've been to/ran too but if thats what the people want its all good.
Nah, you're nuts. Winner couldn't change assists in MvC2. Think about it like this, you're on an arcade machine and just won, loser puts another quarter in and fights you again. Anything you're allowed to do without re-picking your team is usually legal (so, switching the order via holding Assist in MvC2 or SG) but anything that would require going back to character select is out.

Nah, you're nuts. Winner couldn't change assists in MvC2. Think about it like this, you're on an arcade machine and just won, loser puts another quarter in and fights you again. Anything you're allowed to do without re-picking your team is usually legal (so, switching the order via holding Assist in MvC2 or SG) but anything that would require going back to character select is out.
We can only change the order in arcade mode in SG though.

O shit okay than MVC3 must've changed shit
Sorry bb :(

Damn! February 22nd is my birthday! What time is the tourney and is it for players in North America only or can Europeans join as well?

Curious about this as well. This is a dealbreaker for me, I need Big Band.

Neat, signed up.

EDIT: Siding with the people above me. Big Band is a part of my team now and I'd very much like to be able to use him.

Last edited:
Make sure to hit the link to actually sign up >.> Link is in the original post!

I'm going to do what I can to run double elim. Gonna be a bit rough but w/e x)

Curious about this as well. This is a dealbreaker for me, I need Big Band.

We decided that it's up to the player that you're facing. If both participants are okay with it, then go for it, otherwise, please play retail. Not everybody is comfortable playing with beta changes and against Big Band, and it IS beta after all.

Okay, I'll make it hell or high water. I'm always a wild card.

I really hope you can bring in some guest commentary. Personally i feel NightPhyre would be the perfect man for this job! Please consider getting him on the mic, that is if NightPhyre would be available and he wants to. Personally i want it to happen.

I really hope you can bring in some guest commentary. Personally i feel NightPhyre would be the perfect man for this job! Please consider getting him on the mic, that is if NightPhyre would be available and he wants to. Personally i want it to happen.
I'll hop on board too, if that's okay with the TOs :3

Reactions: gllt
ohyou.png

You're in luck, gluemchen; pash1k has asked me to commentate, so I shall.

HYPE FACTOR LVL 3 ACTIVATED! YES! Thanks pash1k and NightPhyre!