• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fighting Game Character Design Discussion

PsychoCombo

Will you please sign my petition?
Reaction score
Steam
PsychoCombo
Valentine Double Cerebella
Welcome to the Fighting Game Character Design Discussion!

This thread is used to discuss on what makes a good fighting game character. What are some good or bad examples? Maybe there are characters that you find overrated or underrated. What do you look for in a fighting game character? I hope you guys give out good reasons on why you like or dislike certain characters and not "I think __X__ is cool" (Why?) or "lol that character is anime garbage!" (*sigh* really?). I want to see some good, specific reasons!

Note: If it is a character that doesn't originate from fighting games (For example: Marvel characters or Persona Characters) than you can talk about how well __X__ character has translated into a FG character.

Personally, I like to judge characters based on:
  • Fighting Style/Moveset
  • Personality/Charisma
  • Outfit(s)/Appearance
  • Effectiveness in Series
This is based on TFG's Character Overview Ratings (scroll down). http://www.fightersgeneration.com/features/tfg-review-faq.html

This thread exists because I am simply curious on what kind of characters people specifically like. Let the discussion begin!