• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Filia Encore Combos

What sort of combos do you want? I think the mid screen BnB that's in both my guide and winnie's guide is the "standard" Filia combo? I see it a fair amount, it's decent and somewhat easy to do.

c.LK s.MK (or c.MK) s.HP
j.HP ADC j.LK j.HK
OTG c.LK s.HP
j.LP j.MK(1) xx H Airball ADC j.MP(4) j.HK
c.LP c.MK c.HP xx H Hairball xx Fenrir Drive

@Mr. X

pretty much these:

6.6k midscreen
c.lk, s.mk, s.hp,
j.hp, adc, j.lk, j.hk,
otg c.lk, s.hp,
j.lp, j.mk(1hit) xx H Airball, adc, j.mp(4hits), j.hk,
s.lpx2, s.lk, s.mp, c.mk, c.hp xx H Hairball xx Fenrir Drive.

5.8k midscreen
c.lk, s.mk, s.hp,
j.lk, j.mp, j.mk, adc, j.mp, j.hk,
c.mk, s.hp,
j.lp, j.mp, j.mk xx H Airball,
dash, s.lpx2, s.lk, s.mp, c.mk, c.hp xx H Hairball xx Fenrir Drive.

7.4k corner
c.lk, s.mk, s.hp,
j.hp, j.hk xx H Airball, adc, j.mp, j.hk,
s.lk, s.mp, c.mk, s.hk xx H Hairball,
dash, otg c.lp, s.lp, s.lk, s.mp, c.mk, s.hk xx H Hairball xx Fenrir Drive.

7.2k corner
c.lk, s.mk, s.hp,
j.hp, j.hk, adc, j.lk, j.hp, j.hk,
otg c.lk, c.hp xx Ringlet Psych,
s.mk, c.hp xx Ringlet Psych,
dash, s.lpx2, s.lk, s.mp, c.mk, s.hk xx H Hairball xx Fenrir Drive.

7.2k midscreen
c.lk, s.mk, s.hp,
j.hk, adc, j.lk, j.hp, j.hk
otg c.mp, s.hp,
j.lp, j.mp, j.mk xx H Airball,
dash, s.lpx2, s.lk, s.mp, c.mk, c.hp xx H Hairball xx Fenrir Drive.
(doesn't work on double and cerebella but does a lot midscreen and it's pretty easy)

Last edited:
While searching up fillia combos I found one that was ok but one of the
combo had a weird button input . 214hk ? Is that a fgc term I don't know about

While searching up fillia combos I found one that was ok but one of the
combo had a weird button input . 214hk ? Is that a fgc term I don't know about
2 = Down
1 = Quarter back
4 = Backwards.

214 HK = Heavy Hairball.

ty luxade also i found another combo that made no sense to me St.Lp, st .lK, st.mk, st.HP, j.lk, j.mk (2) XX 214hk XX 214kk I don't get all the x's what do I do there tap the x button

ty luxade also i found another combo that made no sense to me St.Lp, st .lK, st.mk, st.HP, j.lk, j.mk (2) XX 214hk XX 214kk I don't get all the x's what do I do there tap the x button

No, that's just notation that means that move is cancelled into from the previous move. Just ignore the XX and do the next move in the combo that you see.

I'm just gonna leave these here for now, sorry if this is the wrong section for assist combos. I couldn't record any videos today because I broke my hands and my mind trying to do combo 1.4. The timing for Eliza assist can be tricky but I've done it so much now that it works consistently on, to my knowledge, the entire cast with some slight timing changes. I think the damage increase is good enough to warrant the extra meter spent for Eliza, as well. I'll get some videos up in due time since the timing of these can be tricky.

ALL OF THE DAMAGES ARE 3V3, PLEASE DON'T HATE ME.

*STARTER*
c.lk s.mk s.hp + Eliza Carpenter's Axe Assist (jump) j.hk

After this starter you should get the ground bounce from Carpenter’s Axe after Split Ends connects.

1.1 EASY MODE
*STARTER*
Forward Dash s.HP j.HP xx Air Dash Cancel xx j.LK j.HK
c.LK s.MK s.HP (Jump)
j.LP j.MP(x5-6) j.MK(x2) H Hairball xx Fenrir Drive

Damage: 9405

1.2 HAIRBALL STARTING STRING

*STARTER*
Delayed Jumping/Tiger Knee M Hairball xx Hair-Dash Cancel j.MP(x3-4) j.HK (Restand)
c.LK s.MK s.HP (Jump) j.LP j.MP(x5-6) j.MK(x2) H Hairball xx Fenrir Drive

Damage: 8409

1.3 RELIABLE RESTAND AFTER CARPENTER’S AXE

*STARTER*
Delayed Jumping j.MK(x2) xx Air Dash Cancel xx j.HP j.HK (Restand)\
s.HP (jump) delayed j.MP(x6) j.MK(x2) H Hairball xx Hair-Dash Cancel
s.LP s.MP s.MK c.HP xx H Hairball xx Fenrir

Damage: 9645

1.4 EASIER MIDSCREEN C.HP STARTER

*STARTER*
(Walk Forward) c.HP xx Ringlet Psych (Dash Forward) s.MK s.HP (Jump)
j.HP (Air Dash Cancel) j.LK j.HK c.LK s.MK c.HP xx H Hairball xx Fenrir

Damage: 9539

1.5 NEAR CORNER C.HP LOOP

*STARTER*
(Walk Forward) c.HP xx Ringlet Psych
(Dash Forward) s.MK c.HP xx Ringlet Psych
(Dash Forward) s.MP c.HP xx H Hairball c.LP(x2) s.LK s.MP c.MK c.HP xx H Hairball xx Fenrir

Damage: 9945 (Can be more with optimized corner re-stand combo that I cannot do consistently

EDIT:
Here's the very poorly edited video go to along with these combos. The height of the Carpenter's Axe bounce can be finicky, especially with 1.4 and 1.5, since you need the high bounce and not the low one that can happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparties
First post yay?

So I was trying this sick combo I saw WingZero do on Salty stream (link here
) I looked through this thread (but not the rest of the subforum so I apologise if it's listed somewhere else) and I was trying that combo not on Fortune but on Parasoul because I thought this was universal, but apparently it wasn't universal and the OTG s.HP XX TK Air Hairball into s.MK whiffs for me all the time. Is this supposed to be universal or not? I also tried it on Fortune afterwards and I had the same level of success, which is none, so perhaps it's my own execution that's giving me problems in attempting this combo.

Thanks.

BETA. Been toying around with her. Leaving it all beneath a spoiler. Enjoy.

edit: bonus

Last edited:
Reactions: Sparties
I also tried it on Fortune afterwards and I had the same level of success, which is none, so perhaps it's my own execution that's giving me problems in attempting this combo.
If anyone wants to know what he's talking about it's around 34:30 in the video he has linked.

From my understanding of doing that starter somewhat it's all very height dependent: when you hit with the first J.HK, how long you wait for the airdash followup to get low enough to the ground so you can immediately S.HP into TK Hairball, so it is probably your execution, that combo is not a "loli'mfiliahitanybuttonsgetcombo" combo. I haven't tried it but I know that starter probably doesn't work on Double or Big Band since other combos with that type of starter I have done are known not to work. Everyone else is probably fair game.

BETA. This is a pretty thing that I was doing. While also trying hard to find new swag. There's one thing that I kept failing is s.HK xx H RS > das > wait s.HP > M RS

I cant seem to do it on Parasoul as easily rather then Filia being easier which makes no sense because Para air hitbox.

I think I found my problem with the OTG s.HP TK HK Hairball into s.MK. I wasn't cancelling the Hairball into a dash into s.MK, which seems to work here, instead trying only Hairball into s.MK, which doesn't seem to work.

Anyone figure out some optimized damage off a ground throw in beta? So far I've been doing

Grab, HP Ringlet,
j.MP, j.HK,
c.MP,
j.MK(2), adc, j.LK, j.MP,
HP,
j.LP, j.MP, j.MK, HK Hairball, dc,
LPLP, LK, MP, c.MK, c.HP, HK Hairball, Fenrir

I think it only does like 4870 damage or so

So I have seen alot of people use a combo that has a ridiculous amount of reset points @Dreamepitaph @Pikmario could you please provide the inputs to that combo. The one where its very low to the ground and allows for several resets (I want to start using it 0.0)

....I don't know how else to describe it.... It's wicked low to the ground it's really fast and it leaves the opponent in a position where they have to make very quick reads/guesses to what filia is going to do. If I knew the combo I wouldn't be asking what the inputs are :P

twerk you constantly used it on me when we played

This one?

sHP jHK adc jLK jMP jHK
cMP jMK adc jLP jMP
cLP cMP
TK H-Airball gdc sLK sMP sMK cHP/sHK > Hairball

Credit @Hilary.

I never got around to grinding that combo into my muscle memory, but when I was dicking around with it in training mode, it was pretty much what you described. Constantly restanding the opponent and Filia touches the ground every like 1s to go for low/throw/high mixups

So I have seen alot of people use a combo that has a ridiculous amount of reset points @Dreamepitaph @Pikmario could you please provide the inputs to that combo. The one where its very low to the ground and allows for several resets (I want to start using it 0.0)

This one?

Credit @Hilary.

I never got around to grinding that combo into my muscle memory, but when I was dicking around with it in training mode, it was pretty much what you described. Constantly restanding the opponent and Filia touches the ground every like 1s to go for low/throw/high mixups

It's Duckator's. If it's not his, he's definitely the one that made it horrifying.

The closest variants that I know of are Remikz's (which I think predates duck's a bit) and one that Natezer uses but with more heavies earlier in the combo.

It's Duckator's. If it's not his, he's definitely the one that made it horrifying.

The closest variants that I know of are Remikz's (which I think predates duck's a bit) and one that Natezer uses but with more heavies earlier in the combo.
all I know is that it's the scariest thing I have ever seen and I plan on finding every single reset that I can find off of it

all I know is that it's the scariest thing I have ever seen and I plan on finding every single reset that I can find off of it

I know that feeling.

gpwybXr.jpg

Reactions: joshb911
thought I was the only one who wrote notes :P

Quick question @WarpedEcho in one of your videos you performed a burst bait with j.hk then dash back and air grabbed. I'm not super familiar with filia's hit boxes but does that push the hurt box back?

Also a I modified the duck combo and got this:
cr.lk,s.mk,s.hp,j.hk,adc,j.lk,j.mp,j.hk,s.mk,s.hp,j.lp,j.lk,j.mp,j.mk,h air ball, dash cancel,s.lp(2), s.lk,s.mp,cr.mk,cr.hp,h hairball, Fenerir

Quick question @WarpedEchostuff
I think it does. What I KNOW it does is fast falls you to the ground so you can get the followup more quickly/be closer to them if they do a late burst so you can punish with CH iad jhp. That combo is meh, if you watch duck's matches you'll see he fits 7 chains in compared to your 4. At least yours is easy

edit: you may get more damage out of the initial st mk in the first chain, but at max range, cr lk smk sthp is finicky to combo, especially after. Replacing st mk with cr mk solves this in almost every situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: joshb911
Grab conversion
I actually have also been working on this and have:
grab, Ringlet.mp, dash,jump, adf, j.mp, s.mk, s.hp, j.hk, adc, j.lk, j.mp, j.hk, s.lp, s.hp, xx, j.lp, j.mp, j.mk, Hairball.hk, adc, s.lp(2), s.lk, c.mp, cr.mk, cr.hp, hairball.hk, Fenerir. (the wait after the second ground string is very difficult but the whole thing does around 5k or 6k or something)

^ How come you can get the first
s.lp s.hp xx etc

and land and still get
s.lp(2) s.lk etc

wouldn't it trigger IPS?

I actually have also been working on this and have:
grab, Ringlet.mp, dash,jump, adf, j.mp, s.mk, s.hp, j.hk, adc, j.lk, j.mp, j.hk, s.lp, s.hp, xx, j.lp, j.mp, j.mk, Hairball.hk, adc, s.lp(2), s.lk, c.mp, cr.mk, cr.hp, hairball.hk, Fenerir. (the wait after the second ground string is very difficult but the whole thing does around 5k or 6k or something)
This would not only trigger IPS (avoidable), but it also reaches 285 (over max) undizzy before the last ground chain.

Well then now I look foolish.... (No wonder why I couldn't get it to work ever....) I do know that the first chain works at least ;_;

Is there a way to make launch j.HK adc j.LK j.HP j.HK consistent on Beowolf and Double? (this is beta btw) I can get it on them sometimes but it feels really inconsistent, like I need to delay the adc a lot on Double and delay it not at all on Beo.

Pretty simple midscreen combo, does ~7.3k.
Almost identical to the one caoiloganionni posted but it has a restand and does maybe 100 more damage:

cr.lk hp
j.hk adc j.lk j.hp j.hk
(otg) cr.lk hp
(hang in air a bit), j.lp Hairball(H) adc j.mp j.hk (restand)
lp lp lk mp cr.mk hk(in corner)/cr.hp(midscreen) Hairball(H), fenrir

Works on everyone that the starting air chain works on as far as I can tell.

Technically you can do j.hk adc j.hp j.hk as the first air string, then substitute j.mk Hairball(H) for j.lp Hairball(H) for 7.5kish, but it's a bit harder and seems very difficult on Beta(but not that bad on some characters in retail)

I'm going to make this post in as many combo threads as I can. Please record combos with 3-4Bar, so people can see the meter gain for both parties.