• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Final Fantasy

I'm actually fine with the way FF is becoming a large fantasy KH.
Just hope they dont keep the trend of endings that don't make any goddamn sense and require reading the compendium in order to understand.
(Looking at you Fablua Novela Chrystallis. Type 0 and ff13 sucked.)

at least it had the decency to give a compendium IN GAME unlike other games that give you a link to a site in order to understand the world.

I think a compendium is a good way to have less focus on info dumps as long as the compendium is good, and I feel FF13's was good enough to give me an understanding of the world.

It's a pain to watch a cutscene and then have to read what just happened but in greater detail when I just wanna play the damn game.

well, I was reading the compendium as I was playing the game, so I didn't mind.
I mean, people complain about infodumps all the time, so I felt it was a nice alternative.

Honestly reading the datalog as it updates in FF13 is surprisingly easy and straightforward outside of the initial time you have to do it at the start of the game. It clears up a lot of confusion since the story kind of goes right in.

That said, reading the datalog won't actually help you understand the ending at ALL, since it still only barely makes sense. That's just the fault of FF13's rushed storytelling/development. It was FF13-2 that made it a little more clear what happened and said it explicitly, even though it did basically retcon'd what happened.

My friend honestly and earnestly really hates that FF has gone full ARPG lately, Final Fantasy X is her favorite game (ANd it's one of mine too), so I don't blame her, really.
Turn based RPGs are rare nowadays, all we got is Bravely Default and Digimon Cyber Sleuth.
And even then that last one occupies a niche that hasn't been that big since the mid 2000s.

Final Fantasy X is her favorite game (ANd it's one of mine too),
You poor souls.

what stunk about sqex is they made ff13 3 games.
xv is the 1st "action"(kinda) numbered FFgame they have made (13 is in a weird spot in regards to either action or turn based). Every other one has been either turn based, atb, mmo style, or some fusion of these.
Give me FF 12 reimagined if Reks survived and was MC pls

Reactions: fenster
like, FF13 on it's own is great.

then it just got dumber and dumber after that.

like, they shoulda ripped the pen out of Toriyama's hands before Lightning Returns even happened.

Lightning Returns for NX
dress her up as Nintendo favorites likes Waluigi, Toad, and Donkey Kong

I have a better response to this earlier quote. So I'ma do it.
Final Fantasy X is her favorite game (ANd it's one of mine too)
You poor souls.
tumblr_nzntsxi9Sg1rlheeoo1_500.gif

Turn based RPGs are rare nowadays, all we got is Bravely Default and Digimon Cyber Sleuth.

Tell her go play Trails In The Sky. You too. All of you.

No I will not shut up about this game.

Anyway I don't really mind FF going ARPG. In a way, Final Fantasy never felt like a true role playing game anyway. It was a linear story teling game with an emphasis on flashiness. It seems better fitted to action, if you really think about it. They just didn't have the tools too implement decent combat in a long-ass story driven game back in the nes/snes days.

Also yes I like Final Fantasy X a lot as well.

But

But it has

Tidus

Tidus is a good character and I like him. I relate to his Daddy Issues a lot.

It's also got Auron so there you go.
You relate to Tidus's Daddy issues.

That is downright frightening.

Well, I started playing FFVI on a friends phone and he deleted my save by accident... Then, I remembered I had the GBA ROM for it on my computer.

Ff10 pros:
Almost every character was amazing
Graphics amazing for its time
Battle system was nostalgic, but had uniqueness
Not too long not too short
Aeons were cool (Yojimbo OD)
Ff10 cons:
Tidus
Some voice actors were not great ^
End game had a TON of padding(more than usual)

Imo

Not enough Tiduses in the cons.

You named Kimahri's one character trait.
no, you forgot the other one.
[Translator's note: "Muda" means Useless]

Reactions: DDB
Oh yeah, he's also literally the worst Blue Mage and Dragoon in FF history.

FF9 is now out on Android and iOS.

Still waitin on Steam though c'MON SQUARE.

So in March we'll be getting an event where they'll reveal FFXV's release date.
AN EVENT.
FOR A RELEASE DATE.
We are living in the Cyberpunk future.

Oh well, guess until then I can play FFXIV.
Does anyone else play FFXIV on Skullheaart bc IM curious

Reactions: musica
Except everything.

The only wrong thing I can accuse Tidus of is his VA, which I've recently found out is the same as Jhonny test's

Which leads to:

http://whipcracks.tumblr .com/post/85698328225/the-entire-furry-fandom-grawly-please-help-me-i

( space between link is there on purpose)

Last edited:
Tidus' VA has done some reeaaally shitty roles to get by
Too many to actually justify

Incidentally I was playing through FFX HD and got to the airship part and found this gem

-Almost immediately after Rikku's Home is blown apart-
Wakka: Hey, look. Don't get so down. Boom! Like happy festival fireworks, ya?

Can we just pause for a sec and point out this is not even 2 freaking minutes and Wakka tried to make light of a tragedy that could be similar to an Al Bhed 9/11 or Holocaust? AFTER Many of Rikkus friends died in battle?

Wakka's not a smart guy. maybe he was thinking

[eh, I've been giving that girl a lot of shit, maybe I should try to say something to her since I've been so mean]
"hey, don't be sad, it's like happy festival fireworks, ya?"
[oh Yevon, I fucked up so hard bruddah]

Incidentally I was playing through FFX HD and got to the airship part and found this gem

-Almost immediately after Rikku's Home is blown apart-
Wakka: Hey, look. Don't get so down. Boom! Like happy festival fireworks, ya?

Can we just pause for a sec and point out this is not even 2 freaking minutes and Wakka tried to make light of a tragedy that could be similar to an Al Bhed 9/11 or Holocaust? AFTER Many of Rikkus friends died in battle?
Spoony made light of this in his FFX review, and The Super Best Friends playing through FF painting Wakka as a ultra racist doesn't make this any better but lmao. Yeah.
Need to get FFX HD I should.
I don't wanna go back through the insanity of getting Tidus' Ultima weapon though

al bhed 9/11 would probably be a better analogy since holocausts are usually a very long even over the course of time.

like, as far as we know, the attack happened in a day.

The only wrong thing I can accuse Tidus of is his VA, which I've recently found out is the same as Jhonny test's.

James Arnold Taylor, the man who voices Ratchet in Ratchet & Clank.

some people need money.

you wanna know something terrible? Dan Green is in The Little Panda Fighter.