• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fire Emblem Awakening

Pheno

Smash 4 -> Skullgirls newcomer
Reaction score
Steam
GrieferPheno
PSN
G_Pheno
Filia
Let's do this!
Time for an Official Frederick's Awakening thread!

Time to start grinding for those Lunatic+ Classic runs!
The place to go to discuss pairs, waifu's, 2nd gen super soldiers, Morgans
Post your MU's and Morgans!

This is currently my first Fire Emblem game and holy fuck my ocd is off the charts
Normal Classic, Rushed through it (Not married)
Hard Classic, Rushed through it (Not married)
Lunatic Classic, Haven't started yet (Plan to have Libra!Noire, Noire!Morgan)

Im so tempted to possibly make a Taguel Morgan (gotta love her little tail!) but then again, Manakete for OP tank stats

Also gotta love these quotes!

Time to tip the scales!
Teach is watching!

I'm on hard mode on my current file. My waifu is Tiki and I'm at the endgame getting all the SpotPass characters.

Of course I'm procrastinating by playing other Fire Emblem games, specifically Seisen no Keifu/Genealogy of the Holy War, Blazing Sword, and Path of Radiance.

That's quite a backlog O_o
Ugh I just want to complete my Hard Classic. I spent so much time grinding and waiting for the right moment to recruit my waifu Noire and daughter Morgan
We would destroy Grima as DreadFighter MU, Sorcerer Noire and Morgan
Oh the destructive capabilities

But sadly my friends kept badgering me on about just getting through it to start luna at least so I rushed through it using only Donny, MU and the forced Chrom

Mainly just put this up because it's the most recent one that's getting a lot of attention especially since it's one of the must haves of 3DS

How about we just make it Fire Emblem general at this point. Because that's what I'm going to talk about.

ANYWAY. Impressions on the games I'm playing:

Seisen No Keifu (Fire Emblem 4, Genealogy of the Holy War): I can easily see why this game is heralded as the greatest Fire Emblem of all time. A multi-generational epic story with mechanics that integrate the story and gameplay together is quite a feat to pull off. There are a few things that bug me here and there that were fixed in later games (being able to see the actual amount of damage you do for one) but for the most part this'll probably become a favorite of mine. Not my absolute favorite Fire Emblem, but pretty close.

Blazing Sword (Fire Emblem 7, Rekka No Ken): Another favorite among fans, and deservedly so. It really goes to show you how much an engaging story can really enhance a game so much. I mean, I played Sacred Stones which is pretty close to this game in terms of mechanics, but the story there sucked hard. This one actually seems engaging with its gray morality among the entire cast and actually memorable protagonists. I mean, Eliwood's pretty standard fare, but Lyn and Hector are some of my favorite Fire Emblem characters in recent memory. ESPECIALLY Hector. The only major gripe I have about it is how supports work. Standing next to each other for 80 turns and wasting time does not a good development device make.

Path of Radiance (Fire Emblem 9): This one I'm a bit mixed on. On one hand I do like some of the mechanics they implemented like shoving to adjust your position and bringing special skills back that aren't very broken. I also like being able to play as someone who isn't a Lord for once and actually see them develop into the hero they're meant to be rather than just starting off as one. On the other hand, having the game pounding the moral of "RACISM IS BAD NO HUMANS ARE SUPERIOR SEE EVERYONE AS EQUAL" into your head over and over gets a bit on the annoying side, and the fact that leveling up without increasing any stats is a thing is atrocious, let alone the fact that for it to actually happen is pretty common. That seems to me like it's more on the side of fake difficulty. Oh, and biorhythm. Whoever came up with that idea should be fired from their position.

I haven't been playing much Awakening lately but I'll probably post impressions on that once I get back to it.

tharja's my waifu
stay away

I've been working on my genderbend Lunatic no grind playthrough, and man it's hard! I've got to the end game side missions, but you really have to find ways to exploit the game(which is it's own fun to find out).

Oh and Sully is the best waifu.
Stahl is a cool husbando too.

I have gone through the game twice on hard and kind of messed up hard and deleted my very good save so now i have to make up time on easy difficulty (it's called normal but it's the lowest so it's easy)
on my current playthrough i'm saving my main character for yen'fay so i can have the fastest morgan.
other children wise whoever donnel fathers ends up becoming amazing. Also severa seems to always be really good. where as brady always seems to be my least used child, partially cause mariabelle is a huge pain to work with. A

Quote wise Noire is one of my favorites "BLOOD AND THUNDER!"

Yo, wondering if anyone here would know any sort of answer. I'm going to buy Awakening in the next day or two. With Nintendo shutting Swapnote down, does this mean the SpotPass characters are impossible to get? I need my Nephenee and Brom tag-team.

Swapnote is just an extra feature that used SpotPass. Everything else that uses SpotPass works perfectly.

Reactions: Phish Food o3o
So I've had this game since Christmas and I think it's going to be the next game in my backlog that I play. I've been avoiding this series because permanent death just isn't for me (Yes, I know you can turn it off in this one.) so I want to ask if there's anything I should look out for on my first playthrough. I'm mostly concerned about optional party members and other missables.

If you play on Hard Mode or above, enemy reinforcements will respawn before the enemy turn begins. Make sure to watch out for any fortresses or stairways and cover them up or position your units accordingly--this is a very annoying bit of fake difficulty unless you know beforehand.

Optional party members are definitely a thing. Shadow Dragon had you kill a ton of people to get others. Most in the other FE games I've played are pretty easy to figure out, talking to non generic enemy with a certain character. Occasional cryptic ones with going in a house, but once again I haven't played this game so I don't know if they've kept that route for unlocking characters.
Also, I know that there are skills like in Path of Radiance, but does Awakening have carryover experience and those mini challenges like "don't kill any of the monks and you get the knight ring"? I really enjoyed those in PoR and was a little disappointed there wasn't anything like that in Shadow Dragon.

No, Awakening's pretty straightforward compared to the Tellius games. Carryover experience probably wasn't deemed necessary since grinding is a thing in this game, and the only rewards you get are for saving NPCs.

Also, to recruit enemies you just have to have them talk with Chrom, the main character, who you'll be using anyway since he's required for every main chapter. It doesn't require any specific characters to recruit like Priscilla for Raven or Matthew for Guy.

I decided to pick Awakening back up because of Robin and Lucina's reveal in Smash Bros 4, made it to chapter 10 and I'm about to play it.
Definitely enjoying Casual since I can play it more like Disgaea instead of having to reset the chapter every time.
Though because I was overleveled, getting both Libra and Tharja was difficult, I ended up killing her twice and forgot to save. Bogus.

WHAT WHEN DID THIS THREAD HAPPEN
tumblr_n8pu4nE8CZ1r0vexjo1_1280.png
I love this game(s) so much because it is basically waifu wars the game. The characters are interesting, the fighting is satisfying, and the stories are good.

I've only got into FE because of the Ambassador program that gave me Sacred Stones and I fell in love with it as my OCD just went off the charts between keeping my units alive and the supports I just went apeshit.
Now with Awakening I have a terrific time sink with how much has been going on in my personal life. It's nice to have a thing that I can carry around and do while I multitask a million things :p

I beat Awakening just last night, did the Avatar ending.
Holy Hell that was an experience.
I really enjoyed it, even on casual. What a game.

I also love support log, because now I can just post pictures of my avatar and junk
tumblr_inline_n9lgm9DdC81r1d4f5.jpg

Reactions: TheGoggledGamer
I beat Awakening just last night, did the Avatar ending.
Holy Hell that was an experience.
I really enjoyed it, even on casual. What a game.
Aw but you missed the feels ending (though you did the best ending technically :p)

Also I support (:PUN:) the posting of the avatar's
zlCfzSPfrJ45Ex2lzh.jpg

Reactions: Jutsei
I sincerely hope everyone's picture of their avatar will be out of context support lines.
(Also if you wanna do the thing, the way I did it was this)
Play Fire Emblem Awakening, do your favorite Support Convo (out of context or no), then, when you get a line, home, post it to Miiverse (With the picture), then go to Miiverse in your browser, copy/paste the picture there!
A bit complicated but that's how I did it.