• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fortune and teams?

Cadenza

Documentation Expert
Reaction score
Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/id/moon_cadenza
Parasoul Filia Double
so can we discuss the teams synergy with fortune? is she better on point or as anchor? please no jokes about "oh she IS the team" i currently switch between fortune/ squigly/filia with filia/squigly/fortune and just shorten it to fortune/filia and vice-versa.

so i'm wondering her best positions... her best assist to aid her. so on and so forth.

Doesn't have a spectacular assist, doesn't have a useful DHC, headless actually got rather whack defence now.
AC Fiber, her being able to handle herself (good Solo char) and good defensive options on incoming (doublejump, airdash, airsuper) are ups.

IMO pretty clear point character who works as anchor.. which is mostly relevant for when you DHC out of her.

I prefer Fortune with assists, so I'd rather have her on point. She can also work as mid because Fiber is a relatively good assist along with still having someone to back her up.

Doesn't have a spectacular assist, doesn't have a useful DHC, headless actually got rather whack defence now.
AC Fiber, her being able to handle herself (good Solo char) and good defensive options on incoming (doublejump, airdash, airsuper) are ups.

IMO pretty clear point character who works as anchor.. which is mostly relevant for when you DHC out of her.
excuse me what is AC fiber? and what you are saying is that she can work as point or anchor?

Put Ms.Nerftune in the trash

Pretty sure she works best on point. And she has high/lows for days so lockdown assists help a ton

Fortune with a lock-down assist that can move the head far is ideal, imo. Something like Hairball is good. Fortune is always better on point, head-off without another assist to worry about isn't very strong imo.

Fortune/filia/double is still #bestteam. Though team duck is a really strong contender for that position.

X/fortune/bella is also good.

I think fiber is a pain to confirm with and the angle is pretty meh, it's still her best assist because AC is so sexy.

well as it stands now i got choices.....A) keep updo(?) B) to be more headless oriented use hairball but risk my assist getting pelted at times. or if i'm fighting vs peacock.....hairball could help.... i dunno i need to try that combo sometime

I would go with fortune(H fiber)/H drill/Updo

or Squigly(c.hp)/Updo/H fiber

but why run squig on point when she's clear best as 2nd?
i might have to go back to my filia/ squig/ fortune order. but i do like fortune being first and having filia on back burner to run it back in case it gets close.

Hairball hardly moves the head at all. If you want that sucker going across the screen or good chance at hitting your opponent, cerecopter does a great job. I only play headless, so keeping the head moving is integral.

I use to run Fortune/Filia, but someone suggested Bella with copter and I haven't looked back since. Though now, Fortune/Big Band has been pretty fun with Giant Step assist.

Hairball hardly moves the head at all. If you want that sucker going across the screen or good chance at hitting your opponent, cerecopter does a great job. I only play headless, so keeping the head moving is integral.

I use to run Fortune/Filia, but someone suggested Bella with copter and I haven't looked back since. Though now, Fortune/Big Band has been pretty fun with Giant Step assist.

Play KhaosMuffins, then get back to me. It's not just about moving the head around the screen (long distance Cerecopter that isn't assist punishing is use-less, for example), it moves forwards which covers space, and is another obstacle that the opponent has to deal with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cadenza
Play KhaosMuffins, then get back to me. It's not just about moving the head around the screen (long distance Cerecopter that isn't assist punishing is use-less, for example), it moves forwards which covers space, and is another obstacle that the opponent has to deal with.

I don't need to play him in order to validate my reasons. I do just fine with what I choose and it works for me. Was just putting in my input for more options. There's no one way to play a character, and no one team that fits everyone.

Ok, I'll take a top 3 Fortune's info on great assists for moving the head over a random player's. Yeah, there's no one way to play a character, but there are optimal ways of doing it. Also, what works for one person at a lower level isn't really something I would consider when trying to get the most out of a character, but alright.

You guys may want to check his excellent video guide as well. There's information on teams and assist choice that is worth considering.
Just check his match vids for proof that he knows what he's talking about vs the usual "you don't know my skill level etc" excuse that random players give. If you want an invincible assist, I would suggest Hairball with Pillar or LK Bomber. Preferably Fortune\HK Hairball\LK Bomber since Filia\Double is really strong as well. Hell, you can probably launch the head into MK Bomber and get the same result.

As long as your assist isn't just sitting at long range and you're not calling it just to move the head forward, you should be good.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll take a top 3 Fortune's info on great assists for moving the head over a random player's though. Yeah, there's no one way to play a character, but there are optimal ways of doing it. Also, what works for one person at a lower level isn't really something I would consider when trying to get the most out of a character, but alright.

You guys may want to check his excellent video guide as well.

You've never even played me, so you have no idea if I'm a beginner or what. But it's great to assume.

Ok, well, you continue with your player worship and let's just can any view points or play that may differ from "top" players. Part of the fun of this game is to experiment around with assists and things like that and find out what works for you on your own. But, excuse me, my bad for thinking for myself and having fun and trying to offer another opinion.

Reactions: Shin ATproof
:(
Hairball and Cerecopter are both assists which do a good job of moving the head around. Hairball has the added benefit of knocking the head out of cooldown when the body isn't near it. Cerecopter launches the head like a projectile. Let's all get along. ;-;

(Is there the part where I say, "Did someone say Dorothy vs the World? I think I heard that,"?)

:(
Hairball and Cerecopter are both assists which do a good job of moving the head around. Hairball has the added benefit of knocking the head out of cooldown when the body isn't near it. Cerecopter launches the head like a projectile. Let's all get along. ;-;

(Is there the part where I say, "Did someone say Dorothy vs the World? I think I heard that,"?)

Eh, I still like Hairball covering horizontal space, while moving the head along which means that you have three obstacles coming at you instead of just Cerecopter in the back throwing the head at you, so you only have to deal with the body and the head. As long as people provide valid reasons for choices and not just "it works for me so there", I'll get along with anybody. For those posts though, I just hit ignore and move on.

Eh, I still like Hairball covering horizontal space, while moving the head along which means that you have three obstacles coming at you instead of just Cerecopter in the back throwing the head at you, so you only have to deal with the body and the head. As long as people provide valid reasons for choices and not just "it works for me so there", I'll get along with anybody. For those posts though, I just hit ignore and move on.
Yeah, for long range Hairball is definitely the better choice. For close-range and vertical coverage, Cerecopter is the better choice. They both have their benefits.

(Also Cerecopter is the best anti-headless assist I hate it so much when a Peacock runs that assist D:)

Reactions: View619
This thread proves fortune is good for nothing but trashcans and building antagonism.

Reactions: KhaosMuffins
Khaos i added you for future references to strengthen my knowledge on the assist usage.
I am actually NOT the person to ask on this, hehe. I'm just now learning a trio, so team mechanics really aren't my thing.

Call it when:
- You have someone locked down with a button
- When someone is landing
- To damage assists and keep them locked out for as long as Hairball lasts + the usual lockout

Counter calling with Hairball isn't all that great since it has no invincibility frames. Even in situations where you have the point char in the corner and you try to counter call with Hairball, it can still easily lose out to things like Updo and Hornet Bomber even when you think Hairball is gonna tag the assist out of startup frames. It's easier when the opponent jumping around and calling their assist, though.

Hk hairball is fortunes (tied for second) best assist after cerecopter at this time.

The other 3 great assists are updo and pillar and mk or lk bomber. I play a guy that uses both hairball and copter and i use bomber and pillar with fortune.

Oh yeah I totally forgot about tearshot... Our fortune uses it from
Time to time. It's extremely annoying, but I not know If it's as good as he ones already mentioned for her. Also, though preference is probably most important here, having experimented myself with tearshot... I found lp tear overwhelmingly better than the other 2.... It has faster startup or recovery (can't remember which) and it stays on screen longer for a more effective spacing tool and it actually has more priority than hp tear in close quarters from what ive seen or experimented with.

And of course there's H Lock n Load.

Because H Lock n Load is the best thing.

LP Tear is better for space control, but HP is much better for actually getting in.
LP Tear often disappears before it does something because it takes ages to travel across the screen, and then either Parasoul gets hit or the opponent has an easy time eg jumping over it.
HP will almost always connect, and Fortune is fast enough to use the frame advantage she gets from that to be fully in; she doesn't need the extra frames from LP Shot.

MP Tear is mostly a headless thing; the head covers the ground, but Fortune has issues air-to-airing and with the loss of invinc Fiber not even a viable ground-to-air tool.
MP Tear keeps jumps in check and shuts down a lot of what eg Valentine does on the screen.

E: You can check out the best EU player with Fortune/DnB/H.Shot here:
http://skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?threads/radiating-manliness-harmonica-time.799/#post-99159

That was an awesome video with woof and khaos... But it isnt convincing for hp tear to be super effective because in those matches it was rarely super effective from what i saw. It looks just as annoying as when ledd was using it against me... No more, no less. Hairball is still scarier to me personally as is updo.

As far as a get in tool, i think you overrate it a bit... But that could just be me. I saw hp tear being jumped over all day and fortune rarely in a position to capitilize (on the jump)... Something that happens less with lp tear since fortune can follow behind it much easier... But as i said in my last post... It is more than likely a preferential thing, if not also a matchup thing... I can totally see hp tear being better in the peacock matchup, whereas against bella i would lp tear all the way.

I dont think its always about making contact with the opponent.. The shot does wack damage and the tear is rarely a huge threat that an empty something plus assist wont solve... I like the lp tears space taking abilities far more than than any other facet of it. And it controls space via actual control by being on the screen longer periods of time than hp tear. Also, it has other better intangibles such as being much easier to use to premptively stop assists since it has a longer meaty time... And other things. But yes, hp tear is good. I just think lp tear is better, and i think updo and hairball are better still...

I can change my mind but ive seen nothing to oppressive to warrant it being better than the assists already mentioned.... And as i said, this comes from personal experience.

HP Napalm Shot doesn't look useful for anybody but Peacock, for Cannon Ball xx Teleport pressure. LP Shot is way better as a projectile for setting up an approach (on the screen longer, easier to follow). Fortune + LP Shot + Head Pressure is pretty strong.

HP napalm shot is actually really useful for space control because hitting the opponent doesn't remove the tear, and the speed at which it is shot means that it will be stationary on the screen for a longer time than lp. I think wing uses it and it makes his filia that much more annoying to deal with.