• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Frame Data Display + Left Analog Disability

YussaTampon

Reaction score
PSN
Yussa_Tampoon
I have a few feature requests regarding how frame data is displayed and about options to disable the left analog stick for pad players on the PS3/PS4 (and Xbox controllers as well if they benefit from the requested feature).

• I have a very old and small TV, so when I'm in training mode and I put Attack Data to "advanced" to display frame data, it's very hard to tell the difference between the "+" sign and the "-" sign unless I come within inches of the TV screen. Would it be possible to make the text that displays the frame data be green if the frame data for a move is + on block/hit/whiff and blue if it is - on block/hit/whiff? It doesn't have to be green or blue, of course, but some type of color indicator would be very much appreciated for those that have a hard time distinguishing between the signs! While on the topic of frame data display in training mode, if you have Input Display set to either "list" or "all" while Attack Data is set to "advanced", the frame data numbers sorta overlap with the command history. It's nothing drastic at all, and can be ignored, but by lowering the frame data display by just a tiny bit downward, the frame data won't overlap at all with the command history. Just a small nitpick; feel free to ignore it!

• Would it be possible to allow the option to disable the left analog stick for pad players? As of now, the left analog stick for the PS3 can be used to move your character just like the D-pad, but I personally never use the left analog stick, so the option to use it for movement is useless to me. An option to disable the left analog stick would be great so that I never have to worry about accidentally moving it and getting an unwanted input in-game. I'm not familiar with the control configuration for Xbox controller users, but if a similar option can be made for them that would be swell, too.

Thank you for your time!

I never had a problem with the thumb stick messing up my inputs, but wouldn't mind an easier way to differentiate if something is plus or minus. I've had the same TV I wanna say for half of my life now, and though it gets me by, there's some moments playing SG where I can tell what the frame data is saying, or I have my face pressed up against the screen saying, "So it's 4 something on block...". But the best way to deal with this without there being some kind of change for the numbers(though I wouldn't mind an option to help), if you weren't aware, is to just test it with recordings. Like when I couldn't tell if Mike finally made Fortune's Cat Strike -2 or not, I just put the dummy on always block, picked Fortune to be the dummy and recorded her jab, then set playback mode to, "As reversal", tested it, and got counter hit out of my own jab every time. You can do the same thing on hit. It's best to do this with Fortune or Filia because they have 5-frame jabs, which are the fastest normals in the game, or some supers with 4-frame startup like Ultimate Showstopper or Fenrir. Like if you wanted to see if something is...I dunno, -12 or +12 on hit, you can take one of them, record their fastest move, and then hit them. If you get hit and you were trying to block/up back, it's minus! It takes a bit more work than just being able to read it, but it can mean all the difference if you just assume something is safe on block, and then you try and jump but Bella Showstoppers you anyways, and it's a lot cheaper than buying a new TV. The only other way I can think of to help tell the difference is to simply have the ability to make the text bigger, that way people that couldn't benefit from the colour change - such as colourblind people - could benefit as well.

Reactions: YussaTampon