• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Steam - Windows Frequently Crashing after prolonged periods of play

Nuuance

Level 51 Pastrymancer
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Steam
Nuuance
Squigly Eliza
I'm not really sure what it is, but I keep crashing. I literally reinstalled windows and everything so I could fix the problem but it's still crashing. I can provide pics a little later today, but usually the screen freezes up and gets all crazy. I'll update it later with specs and all details i can think of. Are there any log reports i can submit? not sure how this works

logs are only in Beta, you have to start the game with launch option -logs enabled and then they're to be found in MyDocuments\Skullgirls Beta\SaveData

Ok, uhh, I have a similar problem but it's not as he mentions but I thought I'd post it here to prevent clutter.
Basically, Skullgirls just randomly closes at times for no discernible reason.
I think it's just my computer running out of RAM or something because I play with chrome on the background on a 2gb RAM computer. Some clarification would be nice though.
[Retail only, hasn't happened to me on Beta yet.]

It's official....first blue screen from skullgirls after a fresh windows install...I'll try to give details later I'm too annoyed

It's official....first blue screen from skullgirls after a fresh windows install...I'll try to give details later I'm too annoyed
Sounds like bad RAM to me, or if you get persistent graphical corruption it might be your graphics card going bad.

Reactions: gllt
First time post of what I guess is an old problem? Decided to to play after a looong time today but I CTD on startup. I see the loading screen, walking bomb dude doing his thing and then crash. Re installed, verified cash, unplugged keyboard/stick/controller/headphones nothing helped. Of note, I read of this on a couple older posts and followed the fix they found by deleting videosettings.bin but my game still starts in windowed mode even after uninstall and deleting the enitre documents folder.
Tried forcing it to other res options, still crashes with full screen fs windowed, at 1080p and 1600x900. Do I just attach log files with the upload a file option? Never really done this before unfortunately. Sorry for the hassle.
Running on nvidia gtx 570/ i7 2600k 8gigs of ram with Windows 7
Edit: So I deleted the skullgirls folder in my documents(backed up elsewhere) and when I verified game cache, it didn't come back, even after re install. Guess it has to actually be able to launch before it makes that folder? Just remaiking or restoring the folder seems to do nothing.

Last edited:
Still trying to find what's wrong. I noticed that when I turn off my mouse, I get a little bit of static audio( opposed to nothing) and an error of "failed to start game, app already running". I've looked in the task manager and I can't find anything related to skullgirls.

Ok not exactly super specific, but i found that when i ran in fullscreen i always had hard crashes...but in windowed mode it was just a crash of the game. stopped responding, i went to task manager immediately, closed it, then opened it back up again.

Deleting video settings...like I don't understand.
Not sure if that was sarcastic, in which case "disable Steam Cloud saves" was the new bit of advice, or serious, in which case that's videosettings.bin in the savedata folder.

No sarcasm. I didn't understand the video settings thing. Thought you meant off nvidia card or so. I'm not very familiar with video-related things though I'm learning. I'll do that. Save data is in steam folder or my documents? Nvm I'll just looklook