• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua General Discussion

Most of them you can move before they hit. So yeah lol

Yeah its really only the LK version that starts up fast enough to make some kind of frame trap. The rest of them you can mash jab and hit her out of them if you try to put them in a blockstring.

Yeah its really only the LK version that starts up fast enough to make some kind of frame trap. The rest of them you can mash jab and hit her out of them if you try to put them in a blockstring.
That's why you cancel the startup of s.HK into them so you're out of reach :p

That's why you cancel the startup of s.HK into them so you're out of reach :p
This should go in the tech thread. Simple but sounds very effective, I didn't think of that.

Since Filia's win pose is Fukua's idle
when Filia beats fukua the green things can go from the dead Fukua to Filia as if "Fukua" took over Filia's body.
Crazy Theory that all Fukua doll's were Filia, at one point, and a new Filia is born when the last one become The Fukua and it's her destiny to destroy the actual Fukua and become The Fukua in this infinite cycle of new Filias and Fukuas. It would also explain why Filia has no memories.
It came to my head I had to write it down.

Speaking of Fukua's idle pose. Judging by the hitbox data, she's still got Filia's idle hitbox, despite having the win pose for idle animation.

so since its been over a week. where do we place fukua relatively? good?, bad? and why?

i saw khaosmuffins battle a fukua but not much can be gained from one single amount of footage. Anyhow i would like your opinions.

so far i concluded her mobility sucks...but her fireball hp kinda functions like i use filia's iad j hp but shittier.
her airthrow is garbage for conversion but it seems more like a set up since its hard knockdown so it may or may not present some ideas.

i would also like to know your take on a fukua gameplan.

imo i believe she functions as a......zoner sorta like a ryu in the sense that you must know your fundamentals and put your fireballs strategically so that can you set up where you want your opponent. but that's me. the grappler aspect doesn't really stand out most to me. her grabs are useful. most of the time cmd throws and even regular throws need meter no matter what. she has no real DP(i guess supers count). now while j hk is a mid. it crosses up whiich is sorta cool.

so where does she stand? relatively to squigly perhaps?

She's a lot easier to play than play against
She doesn't gimp you when playing her
She has every tool she needs

She wants a lot meter, but builds it pretty fast so she doesn't necessarily need anchor position.. probably
Her assists are sort of difficult to work with, but overall good
Her ways of opening people up are a bit limited; generally she'll have to dance around until she gets into a favourable position to start her offense (eg have the opponent block an L.Fireball)
Fireball Super looks like a safe DHC but I haven't ever actually looked at how it is on block

Characters that can get above her and don't have an issue dodging M.Shadow (eg Painwheel, Valentine?) are gonna be a hassle to deal with
Armored Command Throw could use something that makes it better (ie dropping the opponent next to you, so at least you get a meterless combo off of it)

Actual 'Tier placement' is gonna be pretty hard, considering we aren't even sure about the Tiers of the OG 8 cast members

Last edited:
Of course.

i was discussing with one of my friends actually and he said to make the j hk an over head........i'm not too sure since it crosses up even on LATE LATE JUMP ins. does anybody have any ideas on how to use cr mp.......as a sort of reset? it said in the patch notes that it can be used for some sort of frame trap. i dunno. i was hoping you guys got something.

There's a GOOD reason j.HK isn't an overhead. Check out some of these setups, and then imagine how much dumber they would be if they were overhead.

as for c.MP, it recovers fast enough to do c.LK right after if they try to jump, or you can go straight into a command grab. I do some stuff with it in this video

c.MP c.HK xx Drill is a 50/50, can also xx Cmd Grab to extend the Mixup
c.MP c.HP xx M.Shadow, walk s.HP is another 50/50
etc blabla

j.HK being an overhead would be completely busted

Set the dummy to crouch block and try those setups again.

You totally missed the point. If you looked carefully, they ARE crouch blocking. The reason these setups work is because after a hard knockdown (induced with the air throw and BFF super), the opponent is forced into a standing position, even if they are holding downback the entire time they are getting up.

She's a lot easier to play than play against
She doesn't gimp you when playing her
She has every tool she needs

She wants a lot meter, but builds it pretty fast so she doesn't necessarily need anchor position.. probably
Her assists are sort of difficult to work with, but overall good
Her ways of opening people up are a bit limited; generally she'll have to dance around until she gets into a favourable position to start her offense (eg have the opponent block an L.Fireball)
Fireball Super looks like a safe DHC but I haven't ever actually looked at how it is on block

Characters that can get above her and don't have an issue dodging M.Shadow (eg Painwheel, Valentine?) are gonna be a hassle to deal with
Armored Command Throw could use something that makes it better (ie dropping the opponent next to you, so at least you get a meterless combo off of it)

Actual 'Tier placement' is gonna be pretty hard, considering we aren't even sure about the Tiers of the OG 8 cast members

Fireball is -4 so yeah pretty safe.

I agree with most of this, it is slightly easier to open people up now with the shadows though, they also make her much more difficult to play against. MK shadow is better at stopping movement than HP brass knuckle, the thing is nuts, I might even use it as an assist because it is just so good at getting the opponent to block.

Hey...now that I think about it...is anyone getting some Issac vibes from Fukua?

With the whole "clone" coming out to attack thing? Of course it's not Issac's time mechanic but does it feel similar to anyone else?

You totally missed the point. If you looked carefully, they ARE crouch blocking. The reason these setups work is because after a hard knockdown (induced with the air throw and BFF super), the opponent is forced into a standing position, even if they are holding downback the entire time they are getting up.

Oh shit, my bad. That's what I get for trying to make sense of things when I just wake up.

Hey...now that I think about it...is anyone getting some Issac vibes from Fukua?

With the whole "clone" coming out to attack thing? Of course it's not Issac's time mechanic but does it feel similar to anyone else?
No, not really.

I'm having a bit of trouble with this - how much time do I have to j.HK after hard knockdown for it to count as standing?

In the bit of training mode testing I've done, I can't seem to get it down consistently. It always either whiffs (invincibility frames for the opponent getting up), or I do it too late and whiff (they're already crouching)

Any tips?

I'm having a bit of trouble with this - how much time do I have to j.HK after hard knockdown for it to count as standing?

In the bit of training mode testing I've done, I can't seem to get it down consistently. It always either whiffs (invincibility frames for the opponent getting up), or I do it too late and whiff (they're already crouching)

Any tips?
I personally just figured out the time for it without doing anything special. I'm not sure exactly how long they are standing for, but it's a really small window. Maybe set the game speed slower so you can see at what moment they are standing. It's probably best to try to meaty the j.HK

So I'm pretty content with Fukua's current state

but how neat would it be if MK Clone had a vacuum on block as well?

I like the fact that it pushes them away on block so I can zone with it and hit confirm for a full combo if they don't block.

So are we going to have to wait for console approval to get her on PC like Big Band and every other DLC character after him, or are we going to get a break since she's free and just get her on PC as soon as she's done?

She's going to release with Eliza, so presumably the Bloody Build will have to be approved for consoles first.
Last I heard was she was going to be released on all systems once as she was done, which is where we're pretty much at now so there's no sense in having her sit in the beta for the next several months while they work on Eliza.

She's going to release with Eliza, so presumably the Bloody Build will have to be approved for consoles first.
No, before Eliza.

I dunno if I'm allowed to put her in the real game first, but it won't be that huge a time difference anyway.

Filia_unusedtimeoutanim.gif

Reckon there's any chance of them giving her this old animation, since they are reusing some old Filia stuff?

Filia_unusedtimeoutanim.gif

Reckon there's any chance of them giving her this old animation, since they are reusing some old Filia stuff?

Mike already said it that Filia animation never gonna be in the game, L0 dropped it.

I understand why they decided not to put that animation in the game, but I dunno, I still like it... But I simply can't think of any good reason why Fukua should get it over Filia if L0 ever decided to change their minds on the issue.

Back