• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua's needless hitboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdie

Reaction score
Steam
pavlobilyak
Fukua Valentine Double
2014-05-02_00002.jpg

Maybe not a bug...
Fukua when doing nothing have needless hitboxes for arm. Filia must have them, but not Fukua

Right, leave this thread here so I can answer this question one last time forever:

They are purposefully this way.

Your idle-stance hitboxes are duplicated for all standing hitstuns and stand blocking, so that it doesn't matter what action you're performing you still "look" the same to hits. (Because originally they weren't and all sorts of weird SF4-style random whiffing happened.)
If I changed her hitboxes from Filia's, combos and blockstrings that work on Filia would no longer work on Fukua. Since Fukua uses the exact same hitstun and blocking animations, that would be wrong because it would appear that attacks were whiffing through her.
As well, all of her attacks start from Filia's idle stance and thus have her feet very wide and her arm coming from that position on the first few frames. If I changed it, then she would suddenly have extra vulnerable areas further out from her body any time you hit a button. (Look at the difference between her idle stance and the first frame of s.LP/s.MP/whatever you want.)

Overall, this version is much more consistent for gameplay, and only looks weird in the hitbox editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.