• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fukua's Tag-in Attack Creates Cross Ups When Used With/Against Certain Characters

YussaTampon

Reaction score
PSN
Yussa_Tampoon
Hello, everyone. Once again I apologize for not having video footage to help show and explain this bug to you all, however this bug is very easy to replicate so it isn't too much of an issue!

This bug involves Fukua's tag-in crossing up on certain characters when you use certain characters to tag out with. To replicate this bug, go into Training Mode and select Squigly and Fukua for both your team and for your training dummy's team. Once you're in Training Mode, move Squigly as close as possible to the other Squigly and proceed to raw tag into Fukua. You'll notice that Fukua appears on the other side of Squigly during the raw tag, creating a true cross up (if you have the cross up indicator turned on, it will show this). For further proof, set your training dummy's record function to make it so that Squigly raw tags into Fukua and then have the dummy raw tag into Fukua while they're as close as possible while your Squigly is holding down-back to block - again, Fukua's raw tag will cross up and hit you from the other side.

After having discovered this bug, I went through the trouble of pairing Fukua up with all characters of the cast (excluding Beowulf since I don't have access to the beta) to see if I could replicate this bug with other characters. Below I have a list of match-ups that can re-create this cross up with Fukua. The format should be easy to follow:

Eliza Tagging Into Fukua Vs. Squigly = Cross Up
Squigly Tagging Into Fukua Vs. Squigly = Cross Up
Squigly Tagging Into Fukua Vs. Eliza = Cross Up

From what I've found, all other character match-ups featuring Fukua will not replicate this bug; it seems to only involve Squigly and Eliza (perhaps due to their rectangle-like hurtboxes?).

Thank you for reading! Also, If you have the time, feel free to view my other beta bugs/suggestion threads which are located here:

1. Searchlights During Stage/Character Select Stop When Transitioning Between The Two
2. Beat Extend's Follow-up + Charge Notification
3. Issue With Overlapping Commands For Squigly's Specials, Stancles, and Assist Calls
4. Frame Data Display + Left Analog Disability

I thought this was a feature, people have been using it since fukua's release. Bella's tag also crosses up sometimes

I thought this was a feature, people have been using it since fukua's release. Bella's tag also crosses up sometimes

Thanks for the reply! I understand that certain tag-in moves can cross up or even cross over at times such as with Cerabella and Eliza, however it seemed very odd that the only characters effected by Fukua's tag-in attack were the two characters that had the most rectangular-like hurtboxes and that it can only be done when right next to the opponent. If it's a feature, then it sure is a niche one! =P

This is less of a feature than being able to use her tag to cross up generally, but it's also unlikely to come up often.