• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Fun & Practice! The beginner matchmaking thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just trying to gauge some interest here, but would some other beginners be interested in setting up some sort of weekly time slot for us all to gather and play? It would be for beginners only, just a scheduled time for people to play. I'm sure most of us are a few hours apart from each other in regards to timezones, so hopefully the logistics of it would work, but I think it would be a good idea and could help promote beginners to become more active and level up with eachother. No weekly commitment or anything required, just attend when you can and want to.

@SuperJonM - I've caught one of your TwitchTV sessions, so it seems like you're already trying to do something like this ( good work! ) and I actually have been meaning to reach out and PM you asking when you typically play so I can join in, and others as well. If you play regularly, maybe we could just join you whenever you're on, simple as that.

Anyway guys, feel free to shoot me a PM or just comment here, I'll see what kind of responses I get over the next week or two and then (if enough people are interested) I can set up another thread dedicated to it.

I'm not really new but I'm not too experienced either. I don't know half of the terms USED in the Skullgirls community - I just do minor combos and do a horrible job at playing characters. tl;dr I might win if I'm lucky.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/icehair

Not new but i'm very mediocre. I do have a very good grasp of the metagame and all the tactics and such like burst baits and double snaps and mixups/resets since I watch all the top players all the time.
But that certainly does not mean I can do or execute half the stuff I actually know about despite following this game for so long.
Beyond having a good grasp of my combos I am absolutely garbage at this game and really need to level up so add me and let's practice.
:PUN:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dragonb100d

East Coast [Florida Area]

I'm new to Skullgirls and boast no prior experience to fighting games besides Smash. That being said, I am awful, though I'm slowly getting there. I would more than glad to play against those like me, and pretty much anyone, really.

I'm from the east coast (Florida).

http://steamcommunity.com/id/averyterriblefellow/

Last edited:
I'm a beginner as well and I live in Atlanta,Georgia.(East Coast)

On PS3
PSN:IcyIzzy

if anyone wanna play, i JUST bought the game so i'm totally noob!

steam: Kuroi Aima

(I suppose this a good a place as any to introduce myself)
Hi, I'm Zoljinx! I bought Skullgirls around the time Squigly was free, but never really got into it until recently, been practicing in my time off for a week or 2 now, and i figured this would be a good place to work towards improving!

I am in Texas (the game listed me as (West Coast) but i'm sure East Coast is just as fine.)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Zoljinx/

Last edited:
I'm from Western Europe, feel free to add me (see my sig). Will be available on EU evenings

Im new to SG, feel free to add. from NA west. Steam:GIJose

Hello skullheart fourms I'm looking for other beginners to play with my gt is noble Leo 12

Just picked the game back up yesterday. Add me if you are on XBL, gt: Thancruz. from Midwest,US.

Im a total noob and i play this game on the 360. Gamertag is JustinAkatsuki. My friends list is full and can't really make room :/ message me so we can play. I stay on the east coast in Florida

So I just picked up skullgirls on Wednesday and it's my first fighting game besides ssbm so I'm really bad. I'm looking for people to play with who are also new to traditional fighting games or people who are willing to help me learn the game.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/mrbatl

Last edited:
Beginner here, I played the game for quite a bit when it came out, recently started again with the Xbox version getting Encore update and new characters! Looking for sparring partners and cool people to help me improve.

Feel free to add me @ P y r e x H D on XBL! :FUK:

(East Coast, Miami,FL)

Been getting into the online portion of SG, have some ok skill but I'm nowhere near pro. Feel free to add me on XBL.

Gamertag: Mr Hayabusa 101

(Midwest, Missouri)

Hiya, picked this game up on Steam a week ago! Getting better at it, but still got major holes in my play. Haven't really played a 2D fighter since I was a little kid, really. Would like it if I could get some friends to play against, I favor Ms. Fortune but I'm really bad at inputting dragon punch motions well so my repertoire is kinda limited. Only got one combo worked out.

Edit: Also, I'm west coast, so lookin' for people around there!

Last edited:
Psn: BlueberryMilkk.

I would really like if pretty much everyone with a PS3 would add me, please. lol There is literally like 7 players whom I've been playing against a lot in quick match and whenever I try making a room I am seriously waiting there for like 2 hours+ until someone shows and most times, no one shows. I'm not sure if its my internet connection (could be) or the fact that I am playing late at night (shouldn't matter since I try all regions but idk).
Anyway, I call myself a beginner though I've been playing the game for a year and some change - I have trouble reading my opponents, have some old faithfuls as combos, blocking can be improved etc. Would really like to get better but life seems to get in my way.

@Arrei Add some info to your post about where in the world you are (people will be more likely to add you if they're nearby).

@blueberrymilk One thing you might want to try is asking in the IRC if anyone wants to add you on PSN - they're generally slightly better players there (not all, there are some beginners too), but some of them might be willing to help out.

[QUOTE="

@blueberrymilk One thing you might want to try is asking in the IRC if anyone wants to add you on PSN - they're generally slightly better players there (not all, there are some beginners too), but some of them might be willing to help out.[/QUOTE]

This may be a stupid question but where is the IRC? Been clicking everywhere, can't find? Thx in advance

Heya! This is the first fighting game I've actually tried to be good at, so add me if you want a punching bag!

PSN: SaltyDucky
Skill Level: Absolute Trash (Can't even do proper quarter circle moves)

Is there anyone out there in psn? D:

I've been playing for a while,you can add me and set up some days where we can play some games and get better as players and as a community.
PSN:Yoyomega101
XBL:YoyoMega101

Last edited:
East coast (VA)
Psn: Mikealbunny

I know like one Peacock combo and trying to learn Fukua, so I'm pretty free. I forget my specials a bunch too.

on psn I am TyrannosaurYogi. Xbox: CuteYogaGirls.....hope for some online matches soon. See you guys.

Kinda bad at this game, despite having played this game for a bit before the encore release. I'm a bit decent at some other fighting games (Persona 4 Arena and SSBB) and stuff. Just add me if you want to play! :PUN:
SteamID: esskaytwo Name: Kyat Region: US East

Last edited:
i would love to join in on a beginner lobby every now and again..

I'm a novice SG player..but I'm an intermediate fighting game player at large...I'm pretty decent at SF4 and Tekken...but SG is a totally different beast..I suck at matchups and knowledge of tricky shit and how to block it in this game..I'm used to the pace of a SF match, I play lame and patient in the neutral game....that gets you killed in Sg..so..

I've actually gotten kicked out of beginner lobbies for winning too much, but I feel I'm scrubby..I just know combos and can stay on top of you if you are more scrubby than me at blocking..I understand how to reset and go for a overhead or air throw every now and again..but high level players mop the floor with me..

oh...steam version plz..or xbox...I have both.I already replied w my location once in here, but I'll reiterate I'm in TN.

Last edited:
Hey guys, new SG player here. Just picked up the game on PS+ yesterday. I posted in the matchmaking PS3 thread, but I hope to get more recognition here. My PSN is onehundredhitz. I wanna male some friends here and get some sparring partners to up both of our games, so please add me and let's body each other.

I'll good to play at anytime

Hello everyone. I've been playing for about 2 weeks or so. I live in Arizona. Add me!

Hey people.
Had Skullgirls since around Encore's release, and I believe I'm pretty much above beginner, but bellow intermediate(I usually lose to anyone who knows what they're doing and have a decent game plan.). I've got decent offense I suppose, but pretty terrible defense and cannot handle extreme rushdown at all. I'm actually looking to remedy this, so anybody who plays aggressively is more than welcome(Especially if you play Filia and use Hornet Bomber assist.)

I live on the East Coast(Maryland), and am willing to play pretty much anyone, especially if you're better than me.

And in case they don't show:

Steam: AWP112
PSN: Saucer112

no, I was actually kinda confused...it wasnt a brag..I get on SGs and I'm kinda in purgatory..either I jump in training mode, or i play ranked match..which half the time the ppl in ranked are WAY better....I feel like its either all or nothing..if I could find some true beginner/intermediates so i can start sorting out a gameplan when I'm playing I'd be happy..

Status
Not open for further replies.