• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Funky Overlenient Fly Inputs (Updates..?)

Krackatoa

Painwizard
Reaction score
Painwheel Beowulf Double
Hey there. How's your day?

SKIP FROM HERE

Was doing some armor junk + low assist junk with PW. Was having a problem where Macro would not only trigger Unfly after it was released, but when I pressed HP. It looks like Fly > Unfly > j.LK when I was aiming for Fly > Assist > j.HP

8uzaS.jpg

That's QCB+MK, Press and Release LK+MP macro, followed by (Jumping) HP. Gave me the Fly,Unfly,j.LK

I can be in mid-air, just hanging around, then press and release LP+MK Macro, and press HP (what feels like) 3-4 frames after and get Unfly + j.LK. It's a pretty big window and makes it tough to call assist with-or-without macros (Both cause this problem) while trying to do aerial punch inputs.

(Oh. There's two bug sections? Someone toss this over to the regular by-jove bug section)

TO HERE I GUESS

Edit Edit: It may not be Unfly, but macros are combining their inputs with, then outprioritizing, heavier normals during flight, a few frames after they've been released.

Triple Edit: Yeah, it's not really an unfly thing. Just a fly thing. Here it is with kicks. First few reps are just jumps. The last half is the same inputs while flying. The j.HK reps are how it "should" function. The unwanted j.MK comes from the macro input.

Due to this, there's no way to get a heavy normal 1-4 frames after an assist call while in flight mode.

Last edited:
Oh, nice find, I missed a condition.

Flying normal attacks have 8f of time where they'll come out after the button is pressed, that's how you can buffer them during the startup of flight.
It ignores P+K on the same frame (except for LP+LK giving you a throw) so that assist calls don't attack.

But, the state that had the 8f leniency to get into it, and ignored P+K to enter it, didn't ignore P+K on the attacks it could go to from that state...basically meaning that if you did P+K, then within 8f K or P by itself, it would go into that state from the lone button but then would accept any buttons pressed during the previous 8f including P+K, and the priority there is LP>LK>MP>MK>HP>HK, so the LK from the assist macro was used after you entered the state via HP. It should have been ignored because of P+K, but it wasn't.

Anyway, long story short, this is now fixed starting with the next build.
Of course, if you do LK+MP, then HP the very next frame, the MP+HP counts as PP and get unfly, so you still have to wait one frame in between, but that's better than having to wait 9f.

Reactions: Hilary
Wow. I should have refreshed the page instead of making a video. Oh well. Now it's just well-documented.

Thank you.