• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Games that are Important to you

SHODAN

I like to pretend i'm good at Fighting games
Reaction score
Steam
InfectedCloud
PSN
Assassinking34
so i just found this game that i loved to death but never finished it. some of you may of heard of it but anyway here is the photo.

picture001.jpg

behold Descent 2, my first 6d and first PC game i had a physical copy of.( Note: i say Had because this is my step dad's game and this is the Shareware version. I lost mine when i moved from My aunts house and was never found)

if you wish you could post games here that are special to you and it doesn't have to be PC based. Im interested in seeing what Gems you have.

Last edited:
Reactions: KaboomKid
Usually my brother and I were only able to get new games at Christmas, so pretty much every game I physically own holds some kind of special value. I could probably go through a rough chronology of my childhood just by going down the list of games on my shelf, but I won't bother here.

Cookie Monster Munch on the Atari 2600 would definitely be at the beginning of that list though.
Cookie_Monster_Munch_092.jpg
cookmons.gif

It's not much to look at now, but this and Super Mario Bros. were probably the two titles that made me really love video games. Strangely enough, while my NES and PSX show their age every year, my old Atari still works great. Darn those Nextgen consoles, always lettin' you down!

And we don't need to focus only on video games, so I'll also mention Omega Virus. This board-game was basically the centerpiece of my birthday parties as a kid, and I think it's still a lot of fun today. Since your real enemy is the talking box, it even plays pretty well with 1-Player!

Usually my brother and I were only able to get new games at Christmas, so pretty much every game I physically own holds some kind of special value. I could probably go through a rough chronology of my childhood just by going down the list of games on my shelf, but I won't bother here.

Cookie Monster Munch on the Atari 2600 would definitely be at the beginning of that list though.
Cookie_Monster_Munch_092.jpg
cookmons.gif

It's not much to look at now, but this and Super Mario Bros. were probably the two titles that made me really love video games. Strangely enough, while my NES and PSX show their age every year, my old Atari still works great. Darn those Nextgen consoles, always lettin' you down!

And we don't need to focus only on video games, so I'll also mention Omega Virus. This board-game was basically the centerpiece of my birthday parties as a kid, and I think it's still a lot of fun today. Since your real enemy is the talking box, it even plays pretty well with 1-Player!
what a surprise I at was at my local antique shop looking for cassette tapes and Omega virus was in one the displays. Thing was expensive too, like around 80$. And a friend got an SNES and Ps1 slim model but it turned as he called it "Piss Yellow"

Last edited:
Funny Shodan, I thought yours would be, you know, system shock?

Anyway:
1372211912996.jpg

Pokemon Diamond and Jade. When I was a kid I thought these were long lost and incredibly weird pokemon games that were never released for some reason that we found in a fated encounter at the flea market. Now I know they were some game called "Mobile Phone Beast Telefang" poorly translated into english and renamed to cash in on the pokemon craze, but somehow that doesn't ruin the magic of thinking I had penetrated the secret game freak vault of forgotten pokemon games.

Reactions: SHODAN
I got both autographed copies of Persona 4 and Persona 4 Arena by Yu Narukami himself, Johnny Yong Bosch.

I will never lend these to people. not even my best friend.

Reactions: Armageddon11
Omg that thing on the cover reminds me of the spirit of the forest from Princess Mononoke :P

I got both autographed copies of Persona 4 and Persona 4 Arena by Yu Narukami himself, Johnny Yong Bosch.

I will never lend these to people. not even my best friend.

how did you get it? Dude and Bosch is one of the best VA IMO.
Also GO GO POWER RANGERS

Reactions: Armageddon11
SNES was the first system i ever really played. Among it are some of my most cherished memories.

images

1-IllusionofGaiaBox.jpg

Chrono_Trigger_cover.jpg

1077398040-00.jpg

Legend_of_Zelda_3_-_SNES_-_Germany.jpg

51322_front.jpg

There are no physical copies of anything I have that are so important, but the memories of them are irreplaceable.

how did you get it? Dude and Bosch is one of the best VA IMO.
Also GO GO POWER RANGERS
he was at AWA a couple years ago and it was a BITCH! to get this autograph from him because all his lines for that con were so poorly handled. they allowed people to form a line HOURS before his panels would even start. I had to get him on the last day and he was in a rush and I was in the line for 4 hours not even allowed to sit down or squat or even leave to go to the bathroom.

and this was the last day, I tried twice to get into the line and missed both opportunities.

it was worth it.

Last edited:
SNES was the first system i ever really played. Among it are some of my most cherished memories.

images

1-IllusionofGaiaBox.jpg

Chrono_Trigger_cover.jpg

1077398040-00.jpg

Legend_of_Zelda_3_-_SNES_-_Germany.jpg

51322_front.jpg

There are no physical copies of anything I have that are so important, but the memories of them are irreplaceable.

The thing I like A lot about these games is there soundtracks. Super metroid had Norfair ( which still sounds awesome in the Metroid Prime version) Zelda had the dark world and Ganon battle theme, and Illusion if Gaia was my first Rpg right next to final fantasy 6 ( or 3 if you live in the u.s.

I still have a Sonic the Hedgehog 3 cartridge, but no Sega Genesis. Someday, I WILL play that particular copy of Sonic 3 on a Genesis.

Someday.

Omega Virus
A OT musing but seeing the Milton Bradley Company logo sucker-punched me into the past like it's nobody's business. I can't remember the last time I saw it but it's been well over a decade...

Anyway, I don't have anything fancy with signatures or collectibles so this is really only nostalgia-talk.
Starting with Kid Chameleon - the very first video game I played. And what a initiation. This game's HARD!
Other Mega Drive games I hold dearly in my memory: pretty much every Sonic game (except Spinball; that sucks), Rocket Knight Adventures, Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage II, Golden Axe and Revenge of Shinobi.
I still have the system and most of those games but I highly doubt the system still works. Probably gonna need to spend some weeks on Dust D-Tox clinic first. <:3

Other important mentions:
- Nightwarriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge [Sega Saturn], the game that truly triggered my passion for fighting games (even though I don't mention many...I noticed. -_-").
- Soulcalibur [Sega Dreamcast], pretty much bought the system on purpose for this game. Money very well spent.
- Onimusha 3 and Resident Evil 4 [PS2], just games I really couldn't get enough of.
- Okami and Haunting Ground [PS2], the particularity is that these two are second hand copies. I spent a LOT of time tracking these down and each cost me about as much as a brand new game.
- Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes and Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection [PS2], these were my very first imported games and also the last time I ordered something directly because it was a painful lesson on just how hard The Man will kick me in the balls if I order something from outside of EU space.

I still have a Sonic the Hedgehog 3 cartridge, but no Sega Genesis. Someday, I WILL play that particular copy of Sonic 3 on a Genesis.

Someday.

If you get a genesis, the model 1 is the best option IMO. Has a lot more functionality that the model 2 or 3.

Nox_%28video_game_-_box_art%29.jpg

one of the most underrated games ever.
Well, not actually underrated, it was critically praised. But no one knew about it.

It had the sickest multiplayer, so fast and skilled and intense. I wasn't that good at it but MAN, the stuff the best players did was seriously mindblowing. it had amazing clan wars and competition. Sadly EA stopped all support and shut down the servers and killed the game. Fuck EA.

Also some others I have find memories of... View attachment 1932
uploadfromtaptalk1394746185109.jpg

My first two fighters. SFA 3 doesnt really an intro but bushido blade is an interesting one. You pick your fighters and they can die from.just one hit but you could.block.and counter and it was just a odd but tense and its sad that that it didn't go on to Next gen. At least give us a PSN release.

Reactions: Kai

Well, not actually underrated, it was critically praised. But no one knew about it.

It had the sickest multiplayer, so fast and skilled and intense. I wasn't that good at it but MAN, the stuff the best players did was seriously mindblowing. it had amazing clan wars and competition. Sadly EA stopped all support and shut down the servers and killed the game. Fuck EA.

Westwood studios? it sounds vaguely familiar....

Westwood studios? it sounds vaguely familiar....

If you played any of the old Command & Conquer games, and you watched the video extras on the disc, there were usually previews for Nox on there. That's how i first heard about it.

Basically it's a "Wizard Duel" type of game. It's extremely fast-paced combat, it plays like Quake 3 except with an isometric camera. With similar modes like Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, etc. and so much variety in the gameplay. I could write a thesis on the gameplay, there was just sooo much to it.

Last edited:
If you played any of the old Command & Conquer games, and you watched the video extras on the disc, there were usually previews for Nox on there. That's how i first heard about it.

The only C&C games I had were tiberain sun and red alert 2 with there cheesy live action FMVs

what a surprise I at was at my local antique shop looking for cassette tapes and Omega virus was in one the displays. Thing was expensive too, like around 80$. And a friend got an SNES and Ps1 slim model but it turned as he called it "Piss Yellow"
Yipes! I bet Omega Virus retailed for about the same amount back in the day, but today you obviously wouldn't be getting a fresh new copy. If the price goes down though, you might wanna pick it up.

And man, I hate it when people let their consoles get so yellow and nasty. What the heck did they do to 'em? A few years ago I bought a used SNES for my brother on ebay, and even though it showed up and worked fine, it looked and smelled like it had taken a long swim through a giant bowl of cereal. Sure, my old consoles are pretty dirty, but after I wipe off all the dust, they still look about as black/gray as the day we got 'em.

Final Fantasy VIII is the most important game ever for me. I've played it 4 times and I've never finished it. I always reach CD4 and drop it. Too afraid to see it ending.

Yipes! I bet Omega Virus retailed for about the same amount back in the day, but today you obviously wouldn't be getting a fresh new copy. If the price goes down though, you might wanna pick it up.

And man, I hate it when people let their consoles get so yellow and nasty. What the heck did they do to 'em? A few years ago I bought a used SNES for my brother on ebay, and even though it showed up and worked fine, it looked and smelled like it had taken a long swim through a giant bowl of cereal. Sure, my old consoles are pretty dirty, but after I wipe off all the dust, they still look about as black/gray as the day we got 'em.

Nothing a little Retrobright cant fix http://retr0bright.wikispaces.com/

Basically it's a "Wizard Duel" type of game. It's extremely fast-paced combat, it plays like Quake 3 except with an isometric camera. With similar modes like Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, etc. and so much variety in the gameplay. I could write a thesis on the gameplay, there was just sooo much to it.

I saw gameplay of it and this looks fun. maybe we could ask GOG to get it if possible.

A OT musing but seeing the Milton Bradley Company logo sucker-punched me into the past like it's nobody's business. I can't remember the last time I saw it but it's been well over a decade...

Anyway, I don't have anything fancy with signatures or collectibles so this is really only nostalgia-talk.
Starting with Kid Chameleon - the very first video game I played. And what a initiation. This game's HARD!
Other Mega Drive games I hold dearly in my memory: pretty much every Sonic game (except Spinball; that sucks), Rocket Knight Adventures, Streets of Rage, Streets of Rage II, Golden Axe and Revenge of Shinobi.
I still have the system and most of those games but I highly doubt the system still works. Probably gonna need to spend some weeks on Dust D-Tox clinic first. <:3

Other important mentions:
- Nightwarriors: Darkstalkers' Revenge [Sega Saturn], the game that truly triggered my passion for fighting games (even though I don't mention many...I noticed. -_-").
- Soulcalibur [Sega Dreamcast], pretty much bought the system on purpose for this game. Money very well spent.
- Onimusha 3 and Resident Evil 4 [PS2], just games I really couldn't get enough of.
- Okami and Haunting Ground [PS2], the particularity is that these two are second hand copies. I spent a LOT of time tracking these down and each cost me about as much as a brand new game.
- Sengoku Basara 2 Heroes and Vampire: Darkstalkers Collection [PS2], these were my very first imported games and also the last time I ordered something directly because it was a painful lesson on just how hard The Man will kick me in the balls if I order something from outside of EU space.

Yeah the man is pretty picky on those types of things. next thing you know the "Party van" will be at your doorstep.

fbi-party-van.jpg

A couple more:

Fablebox.jpg

While everyone was disappointed about this game and how it didn't have everything Molyneux promised, I got to enjoy it because I was entirely oblivious to its development. Ignorance is bliss? Anyway I played this game, along with the lost chapters expansion, like 20 times. That is not hyperbole, in fact it is actually probably way lower than the actual amount of times I played it. If my xbox hadn't broken I would boot it up right now and tell you. It's probably like a bajillion.

Megaman2_box.jpg

This is the game that made me start to collect classical games (I DON'T SAY RETRO OKAY) and helped me a lot in forming a good taste in games. Oddly enough considering fable is directly above it, this is the first game that I realized I liked, and replayed 1000 times, but could see its incredible gaping flaws. I mean, it's good, don't get me wrong, but flame man's level? Wood man and Air man's completely undodgeable attacks? Quick Man's level? The mother fucking boobeam trap? Really guys, you thought those were good ideas? REALLY?

Ff8_logo.png

Strangely enough, this is because I played this game with my dad and my sister... when I was like 5 years old. We each controlled one party member and it was fun, for a while. I don't think we ever finished it. I don't remember it a ton since I was pretty young, but I do have a couple fond memories of it.

Yoshi's_Story.jpg

Notable because I always sang the yoshi happiness song and everyone in my family hated me for it.
I would just turn it on and leave it on the first screen where it loops yoshis singing and let it loop for hours. I don't know why. I guess that makes me a dick.

And here are the boring memories that everyone who's about 16-20 and plays video games shares:
pokemon-silver-version-usa-europe.png

Crash_Bandicoot_Cover.png

CrashTeamRacingNACover.png

Super_Mario_64_(NA).png

Pok%C3%A9mon_Stadium_2_Coverart.png

1172288216-00.jpg

Last edited:
About FFVIII, check out www.squallsdead.com and check out why it's my favorite game.
I've speedran Crash Bandicoot 3 last year. Got surprised about how small it is, but it's extremely fun and nostalgic.
LoZ OoT is still the best game of the series, followed by TP.

Add Pokemon Emerald/Fire Red to the list.

Frequency_Coverart.png

ho this underrated and overlooked. this was made by Harmonix who is also responsible for rock band. i got this around 2005 with my cousin and needless to say i played the shit out of it. check it out its really fun.

is wrong to say i love majora's mask more but i cant finish it since i was traumatized by it as a kid because of the FUCKING MASKS AND THE LAUGH OF THE SALESMAN

Majora's cursed cartridge always related.

well if you cant see the games ill list them
these are my some of my most memorable games that i have currently from my childhood

Command & Conquer (PC)
Hydro Thunder (blue cart)
Rainbow Six (black cart)
Banjo-tooie
Perfect dark
Super smash Brothers ( behind N64)
Donkey kong 64 (yellow cart)
Star wars Rouge squadron
Turok 2 : Seeds of evil
Goldeneye
Mortal Kombat 4
Star wars Shadows of the Empire

picture004.jpg

While I'll admit it's not my favorite console, I will say that I personally consider the N64 to be the best built console ever made. So far, it's the only console I own that has not broken on me at some point, had controllers break on me at some point, or had games/memory cards that randomly deleted save data on me. With the hundreds of hours I put into Starfox 64, Bomberman 64, and Smash Bros. alone, that's saying a lot. It even withstood the years of holiday wrath from my reckless cousins!

While I'll admit it's not my favorite console, I will say that I personally consider the N64 to be the best built console ever made. So far, it's the only console I own that has not broken on me at some point, had controllers break on me at some point, or had games/memory cards that randomly deleted save data on me. With the hundreds of hours I put into Starfox 64, Bomberman 64, and Smash Bros. alone, that's saying a lot. It even withstood the years of holiday wrath from my reckless cousins!

mine barely works as it is. if you look on the vent on the top side. you can see the metal has turned brown over the years. i think is about to die on me. I just hope my expansion pak still works. Im scared that if i boot it up, its gonna fry itself or something will blow inside, and these things are hard to come by these days at a decent price.

Last edited:
That's funny; I've got Purse Owner 4, the first Power Rangers movie, and Devil May Cry 4 autographed by the guy as well. But for my copy of Purse Owner, he signed it as Adachi, since the bastard was my favorite villain.

The Power Rangers movie went to my sister.

That's funny; I've got Purse Owner 4, the first Power Rangers movie, and Devil May Cry 4 autographed by the guy as well. But for my copy of Purse Owner, he signed it as Adachi, since the bastard was my favorite villain.

The Power Rangers movie went to my sister.
well, he's both Yu and Adachi. and he signed my copy of P4 with "Adachi" as well. I need to post some pictures up sometime.

I don't have any specific games that are important to me, I would say Luigi's Mansion but the only memory I have of that is being scared as fuck of it as a kid. I can see why now. But my N64 is pretty damn special to me. I'm pretty sure I've had it since childhood. I didn't play it a lot back then or now, but I still hold it pretty close to my heart, and I'm kinda suprised it still works pretty well. Usually all I play on it are the Mario Party games, but it's still pretty great.

And Skullgirls will always be important to me. Always.

do you know were i can get this game man? i got an urge to play this now. EDIT: nvm i found it on GOG.com. for 5$ flat

http://www.gog.com/game/nox#

• Mega Man 8 (first MM title I ever played as a kid)
  • Guilty Gear #Reload
  • Street Fighter Alpha 2
  • Legend of Dragoon
  • Unreal Championship 2
  • Streets of Rage 2
  • Monkey Hero (Underrated as hell)
There's plenty more, but those are the first that jump to mind.

Unreal championship 2 was the xbox version of ut2004 right, and monkey hero ive heard of but not that much about it.

Unreal championship 2 was the xbox version of ut2004 right, and monkey hero ive heard of but not that much about it.
Nah, the Championship line was completely different. UC2 was with Mortal Kombat's Raiden, and the Campaign centered around Anubis. Malcolm's a supporting role, relegated to commentary. Lauren and Brock are both Necris. Storyline's really good, though; kinda wished they made a UC3 to continue from when Selket becomes a Necris.

Nah, the Championship line was completely different. UC2 was with Mortal Kombat's Raiden, and the Campaign centered around Anubis. Malcolm's a supporting role, relegated to commentary. Lauren and Brock are both Necris. Storyline's really good, though; kinda wished they made a UC3 to continue from when Selket becomes a Necris.

whoa whoa whoa, RAIDEN WAS IN THERE. I bet you he was hard as balls to unlock.

Actually, yes and no. I forgot the easy way to unlock him. But yeah, you had to beat all the challenge missions before his mission. And with his mission, you had to beat Raiden AND Malcolm in a deathmatch. The kickers? Godlike difficulty, and it was 2v1 in their favor.