• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Gaming General Discusison

I got my Storybook Edition as well, have barely touched it since my wife won't stop playing it though.

What little I've played I'm really happy with the gameplay improvements. Sort of wish it wasn't such a long time before Oswald and Velvet though.

guys, the combat is so good. its exactly what I want.
like, take all the good shit from Muramasa and Dragon's Crown and put them into characters.
you even have supers by doing a quarter circle forward.
I love it.
you can do aerial raves.

now I feel like I could take on Ragnarok.
I feel like people can now get to the end of the game.

Only problem I've heard mention so far is that the game is super easy. I might have to do some self imposed challenge runs to fix that, but I'm mostly playing for the story/art/atmosphere anyway so I don't mind. Can't wait to return to OS's enchanting world. On that note...

I got my Storybook Edition as well, have barely touched it since my wife won't stop playing it though.

Slightly off topic, but you should be happy to be married to a woman of such divine taste ^_^

well, if it feels too easy for you, there's apparently a classic mode.

but I wanna play the new mode because I love Vanillaware combos.

I'd rather have the game be slightly easy than hard for all the wrong reasons, to be honest.
I'll play on Medium, probably

Too easy, and "hard for the wrong reasons" aren't the only choices, though.

well, if it feels too easy for you, there's apparently a classic mode.

but I wanna play the new mode because I love Vanillaware combos.

If classic mode means the old combat system, then no thanks. I'm interested in the new mechanics, just would like for enemies to also put up a fight :3

Berserk Trailer with a few seconds of gameplay.

Slightly off topic, but you should be happy to be married to a woman of such divine taste ^_^
Believe me, I am.
If classic mode means the old combat system
It's the old game with the updated visuals.

wow, they really wanna remind you why you want to kill Griffith.
like, moment one.
Now I wanna go on a murder spree to kill Griffith.

Damn, you weren't kidding about that preorder bonus. This is so stupid it's great.

casca.png.jpg

Damn, you weren't kidding about that preorder bonus. This is so stupid it's great.

casca.png.jpg

technically, its supposed to be from the manga, so I find it just as good as armored Casca.
though people are still gonna complain, I just know it.

About 80% of the Manga.

And before people go BSing on the DLC, the scene where she gets like that is pretty cool.

I'm probably gonna get it too (if Marc Diraison reprises his role as Guts it will be an instant buy)

but I can't get into the manga until 1 of 2 things happen and I'm not gonna divulge that here.

I just wonder what kinda extra modes it'll have, since Warriors games rarely just have story mode.
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage had a "Dream Mode" where things that happened in the canon never happened

Apparently the creator of Berserk is helping out
And it'll go from "The Golden Age" to "The Millenium Falcon"
How far is that manga wise?
That is the last completed arc, less than 50 chapters were released after that.

Daaamn, this makes me wanna go re-read all the berserk comics again. Think I might start on that endeavour this weekend.
Also makes me wonder what the rating will be for the game. Certain parts of the manga are pretty, uhh... graphical.

Daaamn, this makes me wanna go re-read all the berserk comics again. Think I might start on that endeavour this weekend.
Also makes me wonder what the rating will be for the game. Certain parts of the manga are pretty, uhh... graphical.
I mean, they all but straight up full on display show you the reason why Guts wants to kill Griffith.

can't show that with a T rating.

Koei is shooting for a M 17+ on the states, Pegi 18 on yurop and CERO D in Japan.
They're already fucking it up, then... Should be AO and CERO Z.

(then there's the problem that even CERO Z has strong restrictions on gore and dismemberment... Fuck the rating systems, they add artificial and arbitrary hurdles in delivering games)

yeah there needs to be guidelines to keep stupid kids _and_ stupid adults from buying games
maybe look for stuff like saying "fuck the rating systems" and go from there

Seriously Ruin, if you create a rating system and you make part of what you rate unable to get a rating, it becomes ridiculous. It's also horrible that some stores refuse to sell unrated games.

So it becomes a battle to adapt do the system rather than know your rating on it.

AO games are effectively banned, so no one ever will go for that.

I actually was unaware of that. So much for my dream of a perfect Berserk game that doesn't pull any punches ='(

The game can still be good though. Just gotta bank on the gameplay now rather than as a 1:1 rendition of the manga.

I actually was unaware of that. So much for my dream of a perfect Berserk game that doesn't pull any punches ='(

The game can still be good though. Just gotta bank on the gameplay now rather than as a 1:1 rendition of the manga.
Koei game

Bank on gameplay.

We're fucked

Friday the 13th - The Game is gonna be out in October, but for all those interested, it's entering the final two weeks of Slacker Backing.
If you wanna help get Tommy Jarvis and singleplayer...
There ya go, you get the game and Preorder, plus your choice of digital goodies.
And you also support the game and help future stretch goals.

>We won't get Jason X or the digital between-game camphouse

Damn, wish this had had more exposure. Money for MN9 should've gone to this.

>We won't get Jason X or the digital between-game camphouse

Damn, wish this had had more exposure. Money for MN9 should've gone to this.
They said they do hope to keep adding onto the game in the future, and some of these stretch goals might be some of those additions
If it sells hard enough, one day we MIGHT get Jason X.
And given how the world gameplay reveal has 2 million views, chances are good.

I'm not even a fan of horror movies (Thrills aren't my forte; Don't like rollercoasters, intense horror stuff, etc), but this game actually interests me greatly and I might get it

so i can piss myself more than once

If you're getting it from Backerkit, I at least recommend getting the "Digital Tom Savini Jason" skin with the game, because that may or may not be exclusive, and that's $6 more you're giving to the kickstarter! It also comes with an exclusive weapon
You could also get the Counselor Clothes to bump your pledge up to $45 dollars, but, that might be regular DLC later, who knows?

I haven't seen any of the F13 movies, but I know enough thanks to James Rolfe, and I'd definitely love playing this, so I am planning to back it.
I hope one day we get to the Manhattan levels, as well as Jason X.

You know what I really want in this game, though?
An NES Jason Skin (There are multiple skins)
If he kills someone, you hear that shitty NES sound. And if he wins and you're Counselors, you see this

On the one hand, I'm really surprised Nintendo would license their characters to Amiibo's competitors.

On the other hand, a vague, tiny possibility that the door's open for Spyro in Smash Bros! A guy can hope, right?

Crash Skylander.jpg
I think Skylander Crash has a really faithful, well-done design. I love it a lot, actually.

Although, I can't say the same for his animations in the game... Did Crash really stick his tongue out that much in anything else?

Not that I remember. Just checked the game boxes, no tongue there. And no tongue in the Crash Dance here:

Also, I think I figured out why New Old Crash looks kinda weird- Textured hair seems kinda wrong.
Crash_Bandicoot_Cover.png

Crash_Bandicoot_2_Cortex_Strikes_Back_Game_Cover.jpg

Crash_Bandicoot_3_Warped_Original_Box_Art.jpg

ctr.png

I mean, new Crash isn't bad, just vaguely not right, you know? Like the Uncanny Valley meets Nostalgia Goggles. And it's admittedly hard to capture that old low-poly look in decent graphics and make it look good, so the current design seems a decent effort.

Not that I remember. Just checked the game boxes, no tongue there. And no tongue in the Crash Dance here:

Also, I think I figured out why New Old Crash looks kinda weird- Textured hair seems kinda wrong.
Crash_Bandicoot_Cover.png

Crash_Bandicoot_2_Cortex_Strikes_Back_Game_Cover.jpg

Crash_Bandicoot_3_Warped_Original_Box_Art.jpg

ctr.png

I mean, new Crash isn't bad, just vaguely not right, you know? Like the Uncanny Valley meets Nostalgia Goggles. And it's admittedly hard to capture that old low-poly look in decent graphics and make it look good, so the current design seems a decent effort.

I like the fur more than the basic texture, to be honest. I think he looks weird to ME in Skylanders because his face comprises about 70% of his already oddly very short body.

I like the fur more than the basic texture, to be honest. I think he looks weird to ME in Skylanders because his face comprises about 70% of his already oddly very short body.
I found a vid of Skylanders gameplay, and I think the fur looks a lot better in motion. The toy itself probably looks better in person.
That said- the tongue is pretty excessive, and the walking speed looks oddly slow- almost as if Crash is on ice. Also, the little "tada" motion after every jump looks inaccurate and clunky- jumping in "classic Crash" was fairly smooth and bare bones. Imagine doing a little "tada" in all the jumps while running away from boulders?

...huh, it looks like the tongue is canon, but not in the model itself. :P

[Edit] Still, the new Crash looks like an honest attempt to capture the old one, and I applaud that.

For being Skylanders, the model looks quite faithful. The excessice tongue bother me too.

Dragon's Crown has been pulled from the EU PSN Store. NISA claims they couldn't get the license renewed.

If you're from the SMT thread you might remember that Atlus and NISA had a falling out and neither will now publish the other's games, so I'm assuming this is the first effect of that fallout.