• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

Gaming General Discusison

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Reactions: +5 Necromancer
Didn't feel like bumping the shmups thread, but I'm going to be guest starring on the StgWeekly stream tomorrow at 12 pm pst, commentating on some high level replays for my favorite shmup ever. If you like shmups, be sure to tune in.

Reactions: KaboomKid
I really need to get to some of the pc games that I've bought... Mainly to the noon... And I also need to eventually finish a puzzle game too lewd for this site.

Soo I have few days ago, bought Ninja Gaiden (NES) on my WiiU. Very fun, was very long time ago I played it. But how the hell do you kill Jaquio? If I just run around the floor, 9/10 times those homing fire balls will miss. But after every attempt to attack him, 9/10 times the fireballs hit me. And I probably miss my attack. Also, if they come up from floor when trying to attack is unpredictable soo far in my view.

Tried to kill him 10 times today, and it's always sad to run through stage 6-1 to 6-3 after every Jaquio fail. Especially 6-2!

Soo I have few days ago, bought Ninja Gaiden (NES) on my WiiU. Very fun, was very long time ago I played it. But how the hell do you kill Jaquio? If I just run around the floor, 9/10 times those homing fire balls will miss. But after every attempt to attack him, 9/10 times the fireballs hit me. And I probably miss my attack. Also, if they come up from floor when trying to attack is unpredictable soo far in my view.

Tried to kill him 10 times today, and it's always sad to run through stage 6-1 to 6-3 after every Jaquio fail. Especially 6-2!

You have to stay on the floor, carefully sight read the trajectories of the fireballs, and watch the timings on his fireballs and movement carefully till you spot an ideal timing to punish him without fear of counterattack. Most importantly take your time and play safe.

Here's my annotated 1 life run of Ninja Gaiden, which features a no damage victory over Jaquio. Sped up to the fight for convenience. This strategy is pretty consistent for me..

You have to stay on the floor, carefully sight read the trajectories of the fireballs, and watch the timings on his fireballs and movement carefully till you spot an ideal timing to punish him without fear of counterattack. Most importantly take your time and play safe.

Here's my annotated 1 life run of Ninja Gaiden, which features a no damage victory over Jaquio. Sped up to the fight for convenience. This strategy is pretty consistent for me..
I offered like 3 lifes just to train not to get hit by the fireballs. I think the worst thing with him is the distance you must be to hit him. I finally killed him. But now, the demon itself >.>

I see a pattern on the demon (or the blood or whatever is flying at me). I guess I just need more training here to.

I offered like 3 lifes just to train not to get hit by the fireballs. I think the worst thing with him is the distance you must be to hit him. I finally killed him. But now, the demon itself >.>

I see a pattern on the demon (or the blood or whatever is flying at me). I guess I just need more training here to.

The demon blood is random IIRC, but it's not worth dodging it IMO. My usual strategy is just to rush up to the head/heart and start whacking it non stop. He dies really fast, and you get a health refill after Jaquio, so you can usually just tank him to death fairly easy.

That's absolutely insane and out of nowhere. RIP, a legend in the business.

oh man, this really sucks.

RIP Iwata

Nintendo won't be the same without you.

and out of nowhere
Didn't he just come back from dealing with this earlier this year?

i can't.
i just
legitmatle y can' t
it's been 10 minutes
and im still reeling from this.
What can you say? JUst...what can you say?
This was a man who loved his job and everything he did with every fiber of his being.
He was charming, cute, and just...full of energy.
I can honestly say I don't think Nintendo will ever be the same...and that he was a huge inspiration to me and a lot of other people with what he did.
Rest in Peace, Mr. Iwata...you were a fantastic person.

I feel so horrible about last month now...just...all that shit about the Nintendo E3 Direct disappointing, people throwing a shit fit over Metroid Prime Federation...
We don't know what we got until it's gone...

I don't even want to think about what will happen next.
Iwata was such a great person and so self-sacrificing.
he willingly took a paycut that he gave himself.
just so that no layoffs would have to be made.
there's just this void right now where joy used to be.

but, I think he would want us to be happy.
happy with the life he had and everything he did.

with that, i say, thank you Iwata. you weren't one in a million.
you were one in a trillion.

Last edited:
I honestly cant' even physically speak right now
the lump in my throat is too big

Iwata was possibly one of the most pure essences of Nintendo.
Everything about him just exuded happiness, energy, charm, and passion.
He had one of the best jobs in the whole world and tried to make entertainment that any person could enjoy.
There were times when Iwata didn't even seem like a person. He seemed just seemed like a universal force of good, wanting to spread happiness and creativity to everyone that he could.
But he wasn't a force. He was a person.
And now we don't have him anymore.
But I don't want to forget everything that Iwata did for the company, for its workers, and for the fans.
He did so much. So much that I even remember it all

But I want to thank him for everything
Everything he did to reach out and try and help and make things better.
All the workers he helped by cutting his own pay, all the fans that he touched, all the things he did even in his declining health.

Thank you, Iwata.
My heart goes out directly to all of your family, friends, and fans.
The world won't be the same.

Thank you Iwata.
CJwRGd2UcAA4_aa.jpg

He's got some mighty shoes to fill. Makes it all the worse.

I feel bad for whoever has to take his place.

Iwata was one of the people in the industry who had visions for how he wanted to shape video games and understood that they should be fun. He was in a terrible position where he was held between his audience's expectations and the sharholder's desires, but he tried.

He is a loss for many reasons.

I wanted him out, i wanted Yamauchi's son on it, but not like this

Not like this

He was one of the best individuals in this entire industry and I'm devastated that he's gone.

Satoru Iwata was a living legend and served as an inspiration for me and no doubt many others. He will be sorely, sorely missed.

Rest in peace.

Reactions: Ruin and SanoBaron
I feel so horrible about last month now...just...all that shit about the Nintendo E3 Direct disappointing, people throwing a shit fit over Metroid Prime Federation...
I don't see how this is relevant. People expressed disappointment when they were disappointed. Iwata being at the time terminally ill doesn't and shouldn't change this.

I'm sure the man preferred receiving honest feedback to the end rather than having fans hide their dissatisfaction out of oddly expressed pity. If anything, that would be disrespectful.

Oh my god, Iwata died?

That really is terrible. He seemed like such a great person.
I didn't even know his health was declining, that's terrible. I'm still reeling from reading that.

Rest in peace, his family has my condolences. I can't picture anyone else filling his spot in Nintendo.

Last edited:
Pokemon Gold/Silver, Pokemon Stadium, Smash Bros. 64, Smash Bros. Melee, EarthBound, Kirby, Balloon Fight

Just a few of the games he helped bring to life <and in some cases, saved from dying out, G/S and EarthBound in particular>

Truly, gaming has lost a great man

Feels like a lie, but i know it's all true.....

All i can say is Rest In Piece.

I don't even know how long will it take me to get over it.

Wow his is pretty sudden.

Like really out of no where.

What happened did he zlipped on a banana peel and landed on his neck.

But as hard as I try to lighten his death it sucks he died.

He helped give me the kirby series, Earthbound, and Melee. So he was pretty cool

never change wikipedia.
CJwSqfmUkAEp7e0.png

never change.
Sadly the wiki police will take it down because they cant allow fun on their wiki pages.

get

My mind is honestly too scattered right now to put together an eloquent response on just how much I will miss this man. He was a CEO I felt like I could actually connect with because he actually went out of his way to connect with the fans. Just thinking about how I'll never get to hear or see another "Directly to you" bit is enough to get me to tear up. May this great man rest in peace and my greatest condolences to his friends and family.

I'd be hard-pressed to name anyone with more love and care for the medium of games.
He wasn't just a name at a desk, he made a point to present himself to fans and speak to them as equals. He cut his own salary to spare his staff.
He strove to do better, and clearly viewed any failures as his own responsibility to fix.

Though we saw how gaunt he was getting in recent years even after that successful surgery to remove the growth last year.
What's even sadder is that he was supposedly progressing well to boot.

He's been one of the oldschool mainstays in Nintendo during the Yamauchi days too.
Moving up from being a lowly programming code monkey to being a leader at HAL Laboratories and Nintendo as well.
And you can really tell he was still in touch with his inner programmer and lowly worker upbringing well into his presidency as well.

What's worse, is that the bile duct cancer happens to be one of the most deadly, in that detecting the growth at all usually means the person is going to die shortly. Very sad, but I hope both gamers and the gaming industry can honor his memory. I'm thinking about buying a New 3DS XL in his memory.

It's been an honor, Iwata. Truly an idol. He was an inspiration, and no one will be able to take his place.

Satoru, Wii salute U.

2f0.gif

“On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.” - Satoru Iwata

Last edited:
His last days were E3 hate and shit petitions.

That's a very disgusting way to go out, and I hope those people feel disgraced.

His last days were E3 hate and shit petitions.

That's a very disgusting way to go out, and I hope those people feel disgraced.
I wouldnt go as far to say that.

I'll admit it was stupid of them to petition the cancellation of a game but's not like they known that this would happen.

After hearing the news I remembered saving something of Iwata's from a very long time ago that had really inspired me. Went digging through my hard drive for a while to find it, and it turned out to be his 2005 GDC keynote speech. It's a fairly long read, so instead of smashing it into this post here's a link instead:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2005/03/11/gdc-2005-iwata-keynote-transcript
Thank you, father of calculator baseball.