• As part of the relaunch of Skullheart, ALL previous threads have been archived. You can find them at the bottom of the forum in the Archives (2021) section. The archives are locked, so please use the new forum sections to create new discussion threads.

"Ghosts"

agent13

h. osiris spiral is dumb
Reaction score
PSN
Rawalpindiblues
Parasoul Eliza Valentine
In tekken tag tournament two or tekken 6 there is something called ghosts. Now in ghost mode you continually verse different opponents and when you do they all have very different styles and this was one of the most interesting things about it. The computer will literally download your style and copy your patterns so the cpu will do it. In tekken i always used anna's ff+2 into u+f+1+2 to tag nina in and do uf+2,1 so the cpu will automatically do so.

Why not implement something like that for skull girls? surely it will be easier then a 3d fighter and i think it would be an interesting idea.

I was thinking about something like that too, but the ghosts would be from famous skullgirl players. Maybe ghosts could be given out as prizes for winning tournaments as well.

Reactions: agent13
The problem is programming the AI, and making adjustments to the game so it capture the player's patterns...

It seems to me that the game already does this. In some fashion. I'll play people on my friends list... And then play the computer and its doing near the same thing as my friends with its computer characters.

I might be crazy but ive been noticing this for awhile now.

It seems to me that the game already does this. In some fashion. I'll play people on my friends list... And then play the computer and its doing near the same thing as my friends with its computer characters.

I might be crazy but ive been noticing this for awhile now.

can you give any examples?

It usually happens right after i play against some of my friends... Ive never really took notice of them before... But some common things are like seeing hairball assist for the first time on a filia teamed with fortune. Seeing tick throws that i normally wouldnt see. And, well lots of stuff with filia and some stuff with fortune. Other characters not so much. Though it does happen...i will try and take note next time i play though.

wasn't this a thing in the Virtua Fighter series?

I vaaaaaaaguely remember getting bodied by Chibita's ghost or something similar in one of the games.

Reactions: ClarenceMage
It usually happens right after i play against some of my friends... Ive never really took notice of them before... But some common things are like seeing hairball assist for the first time on a filia teamed with fortune. Seeing tick throws that i normally wouldnt see. And, well lots of stuff with filia and some stuff with fortune. Other characters not so much. Though it does happen...i will try and take note next time i play though.
When I play against bots they just block and tech every throw. :(

wasn't this a thing in the Virtua Fighter series?

I vaaaaaaaguely remember getting bodied by Chibita's ghost or something similar in one of the games.

I believe they also were but i don't remember since i didn't really like vf5 that much cause they did a complete overhaul of my character

Yeah, VF4 has a similar system were you could teach an AI to emulate your play style (They removed it in VF4EVO iirc). There was also a quest mode that had AI based on some top players at the time.

In tekken tag tournament two or tekken 6 there is something called ghosts. Now in ghost mode you continually verse different opponents and when you do they all have very different styles and this was one of the most interesting things about it. The computer will literally download your style and copy your patterns so the cpu will do it. In tekken i always used anna's ff+2 into u+f+1+2 to tag nina in and do uf+2,1 so the cpu will automatically do so.

Why not implement something like that for skull girls? surely it will be easier then a 3d fighter and i think it would be an interesting idea.

I would imagine something like that would take up a lot of memory, and given that the team has limits of how much memory and assets that they can use and allocate for the game, it doesn't seem likely that this would happen. A very cool concept though. I would have liked to see that implemented as well given that the Nightmare AI isn't exactly as challenging as one would think. AI is also somewhat arduous to program as well, which could also be a contributing factor to why the AI is the way it is. Thanks for posting this thread though, hopefully in the future something like this could happen for the franchise.

Edit: I would be fascinated to know what search algorithms they use for their AI. In fact is there a programming section of the forum somewhere?

Last edited: